August 27, 2014 | 1777 users online

Hair Color - 1000HOUR - Eyelash & Brow Dye Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Ismellyummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product. I have very blonde lashes and I look scary if I don't use mascara or tint my lashes. This product is wonderful. I swim and using waterproof mascara is a pain to remove, plus its hard on the lashes. I use latisse and tint and I can walk out the door without fear of scaring the children in the neighborhood with my ghostly features. I tint about every 3 weeks to keep my lashes a nice dark tint. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Mooshie13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very trependiscous about purchasing this product as i generally just use fake eye lashes or mascara. I've played around with my hair that much that it won't grow past my shoulders with out LOTS of love a expensive products so i was scared what this would do to my eyelashes.

I have naturally white blonde hair to without make up to enhance them, my eyelashes look non existent.

This product is BRILLIANT!! Easy as hell to mix up and then you apply, wait for 10 minutes and rinse then voila! Dark lashes.

Now this product looses points for the crappy little applicator wand that comes with it. It started out ok until i poked myself in the eye and oh my goodness did it sting. Quick eye bath, dried eyes off and started again however this time i used the end of a small eyeshadow brush to apply and it worked wonders.

You don't need to use nearly as much as they suggest on the package as you end up throwing it out so i would say rough half should be sufficient.

The price is also amazing considering a trip to the salon to get this done would cost you the same amount as one box which will last you roughly 6 months... You do the math.

I'm not sure how well this would work for those who already have dark lashes but for us fair haired gal's, i won't be turning back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this lash tint.

I buy it in blue-black, which is nice and dark and gives my lashes a sort of glossy-looking colour. I use the little wand that comes with it, and make sure when I mix it up that I don't make it too liquidy - if it's too runny it can get in your eyes which is a bit dangerous and burns like a mother. I like to make it in a more gel-like consistency, and put on a couple layers instead of globbing it on. I don't find that I have to use vaseline this way, as long as I have a few q-tips on hand to wipe away any stray dye. The blue-black WILL stain purple, so you need to be quick about getting it. The dye also lasts for a really long time...I'd say at least a month. And you need to use so little when you mix it up (the directions have you mixing far too much of it, it's really excessive and you'll just waste product that way).

You also need to be aware that an eyelash dye will NOT make your eyelashes look like you're wearing mascara. It doesn't thicken, and it doesn't lengthen. It just darkens what you have already there.

I use this because it makes me look better and more awake when I'm not wearing makeup. As a blonde, my lashes are hard to see naturally, and if you can't see them well, I just look a bit sickly. Using this, I feel pretty when I wake up.

As long as you have realistic expectations of this product, I highly recommend it. It is by far the best at home lash tint.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Skyeforth

First off the only place I have found this product is Australia which kind of scares me (how come I cant get it in the states?) but good eyebrow/eyelash dye is hard to come by so I sent off for it. When I got it the boxes had "Poison" in bold letters written all over it. That made it real desirable to use...not. But I used it anyway and it worked really well. The applicator is a joke. I used an old mascara wand for eye lashes and an old spoolie for my brows. I have blue eyes so I use the blue black for my lashes and it makes my eye color pop! I started using rapidlash about 12 weeks ago and I felt it wasn't working until I dyed my eyebrows and lashes. Wow! What a huge difference it all made. My husband told me I'm looking 10 years younger and wanted to know what I was doing different. I just smiled.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by annakatedyer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just used the blue black for the first time and I'm waiting for it to develop on my lashes but so far so good. The amount you get for the price is BRILLIANT and it's already saved me money from going to the salon. It is fine so long as you don't get it in your eyes (OUCH!). The brush it came with was ABSOLUTELY BEYOND TERRIBLE. Use the disposable mascara wands or something, anything instead. I ended up getting out my mascara with the favourite brush and washing it off to use that. Also remember to Vaseline around your eyes so you don't end up looking like a domestic abuse victim. The result of colouring- fantastic. Would use (and buy!) again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a sandy blond, I've dyed my blond lashes off and on for decades. I have sensitive eyes, and just quit using mascara, which really irritated them. But this means I really need my lashes to be dark.

After reading the rave MUA reviews about 1000Hour, I bought it. And it works great. As another reviewer said, you don't need to use nearly as much as they instruct you to. I just squeeze a blob in the little plastic mixing cup, then I put a few drops of the solution and mix it all up with a makeup brush. But my problem is the application. Because I'm a klutz, applying it with their wand, or even a mascara brush, makes for lots of missed areas and stains on my skin.

My application secret: This week, I decided to use my eyelash curler. I grab the lashes I want to dye with the curler, then it's easy to evenly apply the dye with a small eyeshadow brush. I do my other eye, then I go back and give each eye a second coat. You may want to buy a special curler for lash-dying purposes only. But I'm telling you, this works great! I don't even have to use Vaseline on my lids. If any dye gets on your skin, a quick dab with a moistened Qtip removes it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by kjb778

I have been using the Blue-Black color for years, Natural Black was too gray for me. My lashes grow in with blonde tips and base so dyeing them is a must even with using mascara. Its impossible for me to cover everything when using mascara. I use 1/2 inch dye and 5 drops activator. Put Albolene around eyes with q-tip and wait about 10 minutes for it to mix (looks deep purple). I can do my lashes and brows with this and even have some leftover for my mom to do her lashes. I leave it on for 30 minutes and wipe off with a damp paper towel. Lasts about 2-3 weeks depending on face wash I use. Better than any I've tried from drugstores in the US. One kit lasts a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Have been buying and using this to tint my lashes and brows for almost 10 years! Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by LisaCanadianGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I live in Canada and I have been dyeing my eyebrows myself for a long time and I use to go to a salon to have my eyelashes dyed.
I found it hard in Canada to purchase the dye and was searching on the internet and found 1000 hour lash tint, well I took a chance and it paid off big time!!! This is the best product I have ever used, by myself or in a salon!!!
I tint my brows brown and I have my daughter apply black tint to my lashes. We don't find the wand that comes with the tint very helpful so I purchased a small angle makeup brush and this works perfect, you can also purchase a mascara wand which works ok.

For the brows apply tint with a small brush and work the dye in well around all brow hairs, then remove the excess dye from around the brow with a damp cotton q-tip this will also define the shape of the brow. For a lighter tone leave in for shorter time. The colour of the brows seem light at first but darkens throughout the day. This may take a couple of applications to perfect and is well worth it. Remove the dye with wet q-tips and wet cotton pads.
I have fair skin so I don't leave this in too long, about a minute and a half after the tint is applied.

For the eye lashes I cut out the template for under the eye and apply template as instructed then carefully I apply tint to bottom lashes then I close my eyes and get my daughter to apply the tint to the upper lashes. I leave this on for about 15 minutes to get nice black lashes. Then my daughter takes wet cotton pads and wipes away the dye, if it stings when you open your eyes rinse more with wet cotton pads. Be careful not to get it into your eyes because it will sting.

Being of fair skin my brows and lashes are very blonde and I have to say again this is the BEST product I have ever used and I will keep using as long they keep shipping to Canada!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:00:00 AM More reviews by jessicaflox

I just dyed my lashes and brows again, a long time over due. It does really lift my face without needing make up. I used blue black for my lashes and a mixture of blue black and brown black for by eyebrows. Worked our really well. The blue black is awesome for people with blue eyes and cool skin tones.

My rating is 4 instead of 5 because I do find it to be a messy process. I don't think the wand supplied is that great and I don't really like the consistency to work with. Having said that it's the only lash and brow dying kit I know of, and the outcome is good. Like others have said I apply it with my eyes open and do it myself. I once had a friend try and apply it on me, almost ruined a friendship. It does sting if you get it in your eyes, so you need to work really carefully. Overall, I definitely recommend this for fair haired people with fair lashes and brows. You can of course get it done at a salon, but it will cost you heaps if you do it regularly and you don't get the same control over the colour.