August 29, 2014 | 1815 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Eye Blending Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this brush. It's a little large for crease work but it does blend well and is also useful for applying highlight eyeshadow to the brow bone. It's a soft, dense, synthetic brush which is angled. The length of its hairs are somewhere between that of the Dome Blending Brush and the Everyday Eye Shadow Brush. I reach for this one quite often. The quality of this brush is top-notch with super soft hairs, no shedding and a beautiful bamboo handle.
Please click "continued" to see a visual comparison of this brush with others from the Everyday Minerals range.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

The brush came smaller than I initially thought that it would be. However, it stil does a pretty good job of blending my eyeshadows together nevertheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by MissValery

I read the first, negative review about this brush and still had to have it and see for myself. Glad I ordered it because its everything Ive been looking for in a blending brush:
1) Cheap
2) Really works for blending out harsh lines
3) Cruelty free! (I was so close to buying a squirrel brush, as they are said to be so great, but just could not imagine how people would get squirrel hair for the brush without doing some, well, quite bad things to the squirrel....Im sure they dont just stroke it until it loses enough hair for the brush...
All in all, another EM brush everyone should own.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by lairkeeper

I've always had a hard time getting the proper angle on the crease and "outter V" and this brush isn't much of a help. Find it too big to get a proper application.

ETA: Company can't be trusted. CS beyond BAD! Will not purchase from EVER again. Check their BBB rating-Its F!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Ambien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awesome brush for applying dark colors in your crease because it doesn't really pick up that much color so you get a soft finish with it. (I'm very pale so this is a good thing, I can understand some people hating this brush because of that).

By the way, my brush arrived all bent too, but my stuff was sent in a box so it couldn't have been damaged during shipping. (Not cool if EM sends people wonky brushes, shouldn't they check the products are OK before sending them out?)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

Im actually really impressed by this brush. I didnt have super high expecations of it, but it does everything I might have hoped it would. Its basically the best all in one eye brush I've found to date - great for highlighting, applying shadow and of course blending. It could work as a makeshift crease brush but it wouldnt lend the best results for that but still passable. I am not really a big fan of the usual eyeshadow brushes where you have to pat on your shadow - so this is a refreshing change to be able to sweep it on instead, and blend easily right after. Its incredibly soft and the perfect size. I was scared that the handle was going to be artist brush long (the way it look in the picture on the website) but it actually is a normal length. Im definitely glad I bought this, there are plenty of worse brushes you could spend a lot more than $6 on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Now, to be fair, I have never owned another eye blending brush so I have nothing to compare it too than my ordinary eye shadow brushes. Keep that in mind when I say I am smitten!

To start with, it is wonderfully soft and fluffy. Unlike my ordinary eye shadow brushes I have to swirl it around the lid to get it to pick up colour, much like I would a bigger fluffy brush. But once I have swirled it (and put on primer) it works wonderfully to quickly sweep on colour.

Once the base colour is in place, it is just the right size to just rub on some highlighter in the inner third of your eye, making an even application of highlighter super easy.

Then, of course, it blends the highlighter and base colour wonderfully. Even a clumsy eye shadow applier like me (I usually get two very different eyes) actually manages a seemless, blended eye with this. A definite holy grail of brushes, if nothing else because it saves a lot of time and hassle in the mornings.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pretty good blending brush. It doesn't do a great job applying color, but it's soft on my lids and does a great job blending. It does sweep away a little more of the color than my MAC 217, but that makes it useful when I'm using intense colors but want a softer look. Basically, it's not great at application, but it blends like a champ, which is what it's supposed to do. Very worthwhile addition to my collection for $6.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by AsiaChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate to be the first reviewer of this brush and give it such a low rating, especially with how much I really love EM's Flat Top, Long Handled Kabuki, and Eye Kabuki brushes. I'm just in love with this line of cosmetics, period. I was so excited to use this brush since I have a MAC brush similar to it and I love that. I thought this could be even better because of all the great reviews over some of EM's other brushes, as mentioned above. I first tried it for applying eyeshadow like I do with my MAC equivalent, but it hardly deposited any color. Then I tried it for blending and it just took off too much shadow. Before I even used it I felt the bristles and thought they were too smooth and stiff to work. Turns out I was right. I wish I had ordered another kind of brush, instead of this one, like one of the Kabuki brushes as part of my Super Custom Kit. Oh well, lessen learned.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No