Boots Expert Sensitive Cleansing & Toning Wipes

4.5

Aqua (water), Cetearyl isononanoate, Cetearyl alchol, Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl stearate, Glycerin, Ceteareth-12, Aloe barbadensis gel (leaf juice), Sodium citrate, Citric acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol.

on 2/24/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These little gems are amazing!

After a recent stressful event about 8 weeks ago, I rapidly developed rosacea that got worse each day. All of the products I had been using all of a sudden irritated my skin and I scrambled to find new ones to remove my makeup and moisturize. Both cheeks were red, rashy and dry with little white papules and there appeared to be a rash in my hairline all the way down the sides of my face.

The derm wanted to put me on oral meds and a professional facial didn't help so I decided to try some new products and these wipes were one of them. They are FANTASTIC at completely removing ALL of my foundation without scrubbing (Clinique Superbalanced, Bobbi Brown Moisturizing, Bourjois Healthy Mix) and eye makeup (MAC e/s and Lancome Definicils) - I need about two wipes, using front and back.

Afterwards my skin feels more even and clean and not at all sticky. When I first purchased them, I didn't see much of an improvement in my skin because I had been following up with milk cleanser afterwards (out of habit). However, I recently went away for a few nights and realized I forgot my cleanser so I just used these. I immediately saw an improvement the very next morning. Less than a week later, ALL of the little red bumps on my face are GONE and I have very minimal redness on my cheeks. I followed up with the DML Forte cream (amazing and cheap!) and my skin has recovered tremendously.

Great product and super cheap, (such a savings to no longer have to purchase my Darphin cleanser!) I wish they sold them in bulk since I am going through them quickly.

Price: $4.69 for 30 wipes @ Target
Ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Ceteareth-12, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (Leaf Juice), Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol

ckb

on 10/31/2013 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't usually use makeup wipes to remove my makeup, but I purchased these for travel and I am glad I did. I've used several different kinds of wipes for travel before and they always seem to leave my face feeling dry and tight. These Boots wipes feel gentle and leave my face feeling fresh, not tingly. I don't know about the Toning, but it sure does remove face and eye makeup well. It even took off my waterproof mascara with some gentle massaging. Definitely recommend these.

on 8/28/2013 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I agree that these wipes are amazing! I have tried various other brands of facial cleansing wipes that leave my face red and somewhat irritated, but these are very calming to my sensitive skin. I much prefer them to the Olay wipes for sensitive skin. The Simple brand also has fairly effective and non-irritating cleansing cloths, but they can't compare to the Boots brand, in my opinion.

on 6/1/2013 4:17:00 AM

These are amazing. They are always a stand by when going out of town or when I'm in need of an instant cleanse. I have extremely sensitive skin as well and other cleansing wipes break me out as alot of them contain fragrance. These are perfect. My only complaint is that it leaves my skin a little sticky.

on 2/6/2013 5:45:00 PM

LOVE these wipes!!! Had to stop taking birth control pills (for medical reasons) which had the terrible side effect of acne... my face looked worse than my 14 year old daughter's. These wipes got the acne under control in a matter of days after spending many months trying other products. I use the wipe every evening before bed (they do a good job removing my makeup) and use my regular cleanser in the morning. So happy to have my face back!!

on 8/22/2012 1:12:00 PM

I bought these cleansing wipes because I was going to be staying in a cabin in Colorado and was unsure of the water situation. I used them for 5 days and my skin looked so good the entire time! Once I returned home, I decided that I want to continue to use them. My skin is very sensitive and weird, so I am always anxious about trying new things, but these do not cause any breakouts or weird allergy bumps. I do wish they were a little *wetter* but like someone else said, maybe that would affect how they work. You get 30 wipes for about $4.60 plus tax at Target, which is sort of a lot if you use them twice a day (just 15 days worth). But we'll see how my skin continues to look and I will post an update if I decide I don't like them. Also to note, I do use an eye make-up remover prior to using the wipes. I think the wipes would remove it all, but since the wipes aren't very wet, I like to use them for the rest of my face mostly.

on 8/21/2012 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

These cloths have saved my skin on late nights out or ever late nights in when I'm just too tired to do my night routine. They are not the most efficient for heavy eye make up removal such as L'oreal Carbon Black mascara, but they will work in a pinch, and are great for removing the residue left behind after using Albolene or Neutrogena Eye Make-up remover. They get the rest of the make-up off just fine. My skin is quite sensitive and breakout-prone and these don't cause me any issues, but I do prefer to give my face a quick rinse after using these, especially if I am planning on using my vitamin-c serum that night. My only issue is the packaging. I wish they sold these in a more air-tight plastic tub and perhaps they could be a little wetter but that might interfere with the they way they work. Overall these are the best wipes I have used and are at a very reasonable price.

on 6/2/2012 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

LOVE these wipes. Way better than Neutrogena's makeup wipes. Leaves my skin super-clean (especially for a wipe) without irritating my skin, drying me out or leaving me with a crazy smell on my face (as it the case with the Neutrogena wipes). Price is comparable to the Neutrogena wipes too. I'm a convert!

on 6/12/2011 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like these wipes! I have been using the Expert Sensitive products for a bit but never tried these. I decided to go ahead and try these and I am glad I did. These do take off your eye makeup and don't irritate my super sensitive skin. I wish they were a little more "moist" and had a better way of keeping the pack closed. I still think it is a great product and good value :)

on 6/5/2011 8:29:00 PM

I love these wipes, I am into my third package of them.

These are perfect for those lazy nights when you don't have time to cleanse your face.

It gets rid of all of my makeup (including eye makeup) and is sensitive enough for use around my eyes.