Aveeno Nourish + Volumize

3.5

on 6/26/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Smells good but it's nothing special. It has a runny consistency, lathers nicely. I didn't think it helped volumize my hair, if anything it made it appear frizzy. I just bought it wanting to try something different at the drugstore. I like that the packaging isn't bulky. I went thru two bottles, I wouldn't buy this again. It's just meh to me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love it and how it lives up to its expectations, go Aveeno! I love all of Aveenos prodcts they smell great and buttery. I was susprised how volumized my hair is after using it during my shower time last night

on 5/8/2015 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The formula feels a little thin, so sometimes it's hard to get a sense of whether you're using the right amount. I have thin, fine hair (especially on top of my head, near my part) and this was very effective at giving it a little lift, without making my hair feel dry/static-y.

on 6/18/2013 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Unfortunately this shampoo became a disaster for me. The first couple weeks of using it, everything was fine. My hair felt nice and light, looked really voluminous, and shiny. After the third week, it just went downhill. My first issue was irritation. This made my scalp itchy and later on, I notice I had little bumps here and there were the itching occurred. My other issue was hair loss. I naturally shed a lot of hair so I didn't think twice about it but when it came to brushing out my hair, it was coming off in chunks! I was so horrified! I ended up buying a natural shampoo for my quick "cure" and within the first use my hair and scalp were already adjusting back to normal. I guess I just had a really bad reaction the Aveeno shampoo :(

on 4/18/2013 3:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a fantastic shampoo (and conditioner). I have fine, long, wavy hair and this made it feel so soft and moisturized. I love the way this makes my hair feel, very pampered.This drug-store brand delivers like a luxury high end product...and I don't even like Aveeno! To the reviewer 2 down from this review, you stated you have medium thick hair and this dried you hair. Ummm this is a volumizing shampoo so it's for fine thin hair, hello! I love Makeup Alley but I swear some of the reviews are from people who don't understand the products they buy and then have inaccurate expectations. Anyway, end rant.

on 10/16/2012 3:26:00 PM

it does all the things that it claims....makes my hair really soft and shiny with volume....but after using it for two weeks, both me and my friend (not acne prone) are starting to break out at the hair line around the forehead with little bumps. So cannot continue using it and won't be buying it again....

on 6/19/2012 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok so I'm pretty sure my mom got this on a really good sale so i don't feel to bad to say That this stuff is horrible!. I have medium thick hair and i used this and it made my hair so so dry and nothing has ever made it so dry not even a clarifying shampoo and my hair is oily so enough to say i am never using this again and would not recommend it to anyone.

on 6/18/2012 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This shampoo did volumize my hair, but it also made my hair very dry. My scalp became very dry, irritated, and itchy. I had to use Neutrogena Triple Moisture Conditioner and leave it on for 10 minutes to try to undo the damage. My scalp still hurts a little.

on 4/22/2012 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am pleasantly surprised by this product. I have baby-fine, long wavy hair that doesn't have much body of its own. After using this shampoo, my hair is full, soft and HEALTHY-- that is the key word.

For the longest time I have been trying every reasonably-priced "volumizing" shampoo I could find, and although they would indeed give me volume, it would leave my hair dried out and frizzy. I thought that this was what they meant by volume... the frizz did give my roots some lift, and I thought that this was the best I could hope for. But after trying Aveeno, I see the light! My hair can indeed have volume and look healthy, shiny and moisturized.

A few cons-- this may not give you as much volume as you're hoping for. I am totally ok with that though because my hair looks so good. Also, the product is kind of runny and there isn't a whole lot in the bottle so try to resist using too much. A little goes a long way. It's also pretty expensive. I got mine for $7.99 at Rite Aid.

on 4/8/2012 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Well time and time again, I return to this shampoo.
My hair--waist length and highlighted blonde for the past three years

I love cones and sulfates BTW this is a bit cone heavy

i love everything about the Aveeno poo and dishes. My only wish is that they came in bigger bottles.

I've tried ojon, sebastion, nexuss, john frieda, this is by far the best shampoo out there. i really like the dish, but i use a lot of hair masks instead of normal sish.

Worth a try