September 30, 2014 | 1854 users online

Shampoo - Aveeno - Nourish + Volumize

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by tela096

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately this shampoo became a disaster for me. The first couple weeks of using it, everything was fine. My hair felt nice and light, looked really voluminous, and shiny. After the third week, it just went downhill. My first issue was irritation. This made my scalp itchy and later on, I notice I had little bumps here and there were the itching occurred. My other issue was hair loss. I naturally shed a lot of hair so I didn't think twice about it but when it came to brushing out my hair, it was coming off in chunks! I was so horrified! I ended up buying a natural shampoo for my quick "cure" and within the first use my hair and scalp were already adjusting back to normal. I guess I just had a really bad reaction the Aveeno shampoo :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic shampoo (and conditioner). I have fine, long, wavy hair and this made it feel so soft and moisturized. I love the way this makes my hair feel, very pampered.This drug-store brand delivers like a luxury high end product...and I don't even like Aveeno! To the reviewer 2 down from this review, you stated you have medium thick hair and this dried you hair. Ummm this is a volumizing shampoo so it's for fine thin hair, hello! I love Makeup Alley but I swear some of the reviews are from people who don't understand the products they buy and then have inaccurate expectations. Anyway, end rant.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

it does all the things that it claims....makes my hair really soft and shiny with volume....but after using it for two weeks, both me and my friend (not acne prone) are starting to break out at the hair line around the forehead with little bumps. So cannot continue using it and won't be buying it again....

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by 1Dayana1

Ok so I'm pretty sure my mom got this on a really good sale so i don't feel to bad to say That this stuff is horrible!. I have medium thick hair and i used this and it made my hair so so dry and nothing has ever made it so dry not even a clarifying shampoo and my hair is oily so enough to say i am never using this again and would not recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This shampoo did volumize my hair, but it also made my hair very dry. My scalp became very dry, irritated, and itchy. I had to use Neutrogena Triple Moisture Conditioner and leave it on for 10 minutes to try to undo the damage. My scalp still hurts a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Espressophia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am pleasantly surprised by this product. I have baby-fine, long wavy hair that doesn't have much body of its own. After using this shampoo, my hair is full, soft and HEALTHY-- that is the key word.

For the longest time I have been trying every reasonably-priced "volumizing" shampoo I could find, and although they would indeed give me volume, it would leave my hair dried out and frizzy. I thought that this was what they meant by volume... the frizz did give my roots some lift, and I thought that this was the best I could hope for. But after trying Aveeno, I see the light! My hair can indeed have volume and look healthy, shiny and moisturized.

A few cons-- this may not give you as much volume as you're hoping for. I am totally ok with that though because my hair looks so good. Also, the product is kind of runny and there isn't a whole lot in the bottle so try to resist using too much. A little goes a long way. It's also pretty expensive. I got mine for $7.99 at Rite Aid.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Reylena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well time and time again, I return to this shampoo.
My hair--waist length and highlighted blonde for the past three years

I love cones and sulfates BTW this is a bit cone heavy

i love everything about the Aveeno poo and dishes. My only wish is that they came in bigger bottles.

I've tried ojon, sebastion, nexuss, john frieda, this is by far the best shampoo out there. i really like the dish, but i use a lot of hair masks instead of normal sish.

Worth a try

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ensayles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo & conditioner set a couple of years ago on recommendation from one of Paula Begoun's books. My hair tends very much to the dry side so I needed something nourishing but that didn't create a lot of build-up. I have been very happy with this set and even though I change it up sometimes (I like to keep things exciting *smile*) this set is always my 'every other time'. The shampoo lathers well with only one application (some others I have to suds twice to get a good lather) and I can tell an immediate difference as soon as I put the conditioner in my hair. In fact, I have to be careful sometimes if it drips on the floor of my shower as it can make the floor a little slippery. I would definitely recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Decent softness and shine after use and more volume than using a non-volume shampoo, sure. But my normal hair started to get greasy the second day after washing and very strangely, start to smell exactly like dirt. Also dried out my scalp and made it flake! The cons of this definitely outweighed the pros. Skip!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I think the Aveeno shampoos in general are some of the best out there and I have used over 200 different brands high end and not in the last twenty plus years. After the Organix line left a waxy and dryish quality to my hair, I tried this and instantly, my hair was alive, bouncy and super shiny. Not the best volumizing hair system I have tried, but it does leave a beautiful sheen and some body, slightly better than average bodifying I would say, but not great. All in all, Aveeno shampoos rock for a drug store brand and I will continue to use them as I believe they are of high quality and deliver what they promise. If only this formula imparted more volume, it would be a five.