July 29, 2014 | 1134 users online

Palettes - NARS - 9950 Modern Love Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a palette that doesn't seem all that special, but is so versatile. I can use only 2 of the colors, or all 6, and it'll still look good. I got this for Habanera and it didn't disappoint. I also love that it can be used for a neutral look or a smokey look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Morahmakeupblog

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One thing special about Modern Love is that it doesn't contain any shades that overlaps with other 6-color Nars palettes. My favorite is Alhambra and Habanera. Alhambra is a shimmery beige that works great as a lid color for a daytime look. Habanera is a unique metallic purple gray, kind of like a shinier, darker Lhasa.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by spriley1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous colors, great variety (lid, highlight, crease, liner), portable, compact, super blendable (I didn't have my brushes with me once and I managed to do all my eye makeup with my fingers, including highlighting and blending out the crease). I'm cool toned and I was a bit wary of jezebel (reddish bronze color) but it's actually one of my favorites in the whole palette and doesn't make me look bruised as I suspected it would. Overall this is an awesome value for money:

1. The shadows are the same size as MAC eyeshadows, and you get six, which in MAC you'd be paying $66-$84 and this palette cost me $55. I also think these shadows are far superior in quality to MAC, so it's a great value for money.
2. The value wouldn't be so much if I only liked two or three of the shadows but they're ALL gorgeous. Alhambra is a shimmery champagne highlight, Jezebel a red toned brown, India Song a shimmery medium brown, Tokyo a silver highlight, habanera is also one of my favorites it's a shimmery brown based plum, and FINALLY pandora which I'm SO glad they included because so many shadow palettes forget about dark smokey/liner colors it's a SUPER pigmented blackest black matte shadow that I love to use as a liner for day or in the outer corner for a smokey eye.

I went on a vacation recently and I took: tinted moisturizer, lipgloss, mascara, two eyeshadow brushes, and this palette. I've never had all my vacation makeup fit in such a small bag. Great, great buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great palette. It has such a great variety of colours. At first I thought the colours didn't match each other at all and that it would be very hard to wear them together, but I was wrong. Even though the colours seem very different, you can combine them in so many beautiful ways. I especially like Jezebel. At first I thought that it would be very hard for me to wear this colour, since I am so pale and I have a lot of red and pink tones in my skin. However, India Song on the lid and Jezebel in the crease and Tokyo as an inner corner and brow highlight looks amazing on me. I have never received so many compliments on my eye make up as when I wore that combination. Tokyo is amazing as an inner corner highlight and it might be my favorite highlight in general. Pandora is a true matte black that transforms any day look in a night look. It is a very versatile palette, great for day and night and I would repurchase if I ever run out and if it would still be available at that time.

Edit: I still love this palette, however, I wouldn't repurchase it. Even though it is beautiful and very versatile, I hardly ever reach for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by mxgirl2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love love love this palette! its an amazing set of colors that all work together, are smooth, not too frosty, pigmented, and blend like a dream. the palette is a bit expensive, but so are the rest of the nars cosmetics. at least with this brand you know your getting everything you pay for. i ordered this online without seeing it in person, and it exceeding my expectations. love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this palette! I got this as a gift but it was pretty expensive. However, I do think this is a great buy since it contains so many colors. Normally, palettes usually dont have a good variety of colors but this one contains all that you can ever need to create any look. It's good for neutral everyday looks and even better for creating dramatic smokey looks as well. I love the matte black since it's extremely pigmented. Good for both smokey eye and using as eyeliner (I love using the black as eyeliner!)

The color pay off for NARS eyeshadows are amazing I must say. Super pigmented and has very good staying power.

This is one of my favorite products to use. The packaging is adorable and super compact. I dont mind carrying this around in my purse since it is so small. I've been using this for almost 4 months now and I barely made a dent in the shadows. I think this will last me a long time.

Overall an amazing product and if you can still find it, definitely check it out!! The colors wont disappoint you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This palette creates a great smokey eye, both cool toned and warm toned. I love Jezebel (reddish bronze) and Pandora (matte black) together for a warm smokey eye. My only complaint about this palette is that I wish there were one or two more lighter colors as lid colors. The two lighter colors are nice for highlights but it'd be nice to have some mid-tone colors. Other than that, the quality is great and the colors are gorgeous and rich.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyone else here has said it all.I love this Palette! it is the perfect one so far, I have a swap going for the Doucers Of Paris Palette and I will see how that compares but so far this one is fabulous I must say, it has 6 colors and they are all so beautiful please read the rest of the reviews for coolr names since Im just getting them down, I will update soon and let you know how all the colors pair together.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

I absolutely adore this palette.
Let me start off by saying that there are a lot more product in the palette than I thought it would. 1.5g per shade, so it's the same amount as a single mac e/s.
When I first discovered this palette, I was uber excited because it had the shades of the duos that I've been lemming for so long. This palette, imo, has the best of the duos... for example, the purple side of habanera, the brown side of india song, the black of pandora, and alhambra [which is perfect for any coloring].
I'm so glad that I didn't have to go out and spend $32 on a duo when I only liked one shade from it. With Modern love, I have the shades I love all in one, for a more affordable price.
I cannot rave enough about the palette.
I did a super neutral look today and must say that all the colors are very pigmented and soft. easy to blend and super flattering.
NARS is a brand that blows you away once you try it. It applies so much prettier than in pan, and is a very addicted brand. I'm lemming for more. ;D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 5:10:00 AM More reviews by poodlegirl4

I was so excited about getting this palette and was not disappointed! The initial problem was that the colours look so beautiful together that I didn't want to spoil the effect by using the palette, but I did :)
All the shadows are very pigmented and long-lasting- over a MAC paint pot my eyeshadow (applied at 6AM) was still looking decent by 11PM, after I'd been running around with it on all day and had even had a PE lesson at school that afternoon with about an hour of running around and press ups!
The palette is small and compact, and I can easily justify the price by saying that it is 6 pounds per eyeshadow- nearly half the price of a MAC shadow. Like other reviewers have said, I really think that you could bring just this palette and a couple of brushes away with you and still have a wide range of looks to chose from. Here are some of my favourite looks that I have tried:
-India Song on lid, Jezebel in crease, Alhambra as highlight- This produced a really pretty reddish brown smokey eye that I think would look incredible with blue eyes, and could be worn during the day or for a night out. You could probably switch this round as well, having Jezebel on lid and India Song in crease.
-Alhambra on lid, India Song in crease, Tokyo as highlight, Pandora as liner- A pretty, neutral day eye that you could amp up by using Pandora wet. I loved this look and will try this with Jezebel in the crease as well.
-Alhambra on lid, Habanera in crease, Tokyo as highlight, Pandora as liner- This also produced a really pretty day eye. I love Habanera for brown eyes, and am so happy it is in this palette as I don't like the mint green colour in the duo much.
-Habanera on lid, Pandora in crease, Tokyo as highlight- I haven't tried this yet but I think it would be pretty for a night out :)

These are just the looks I have thought of and I'm sure other people have thought of even more! This palette is so versatile, and I'm even considering getting a backup in case it runs out. I wasn't sure if I really needed it at first, but it is HG for me!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No