July 30, 2014 | 1887 users online

Fragrances - Parfums M.Micallef - Aoud Gourmet

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by GoDawgs

Ick. I bought a sample of this in my search for a grown up gourmand. This didn't smell gourmand to me at all. The aoud is overpowering at first, and then turns into a woodsy/smokey scent. I never smelled the notes such as sugar, marzipan, and honey, which is what made me so interested in this perfume. After a couple of hours all I could smell is a very simple, basic sandalwood scent.

I disliked the scent until all I could smell was sandalwood, so it's hardly worth $225 for a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Mirabai

Here's a more sophisticated gourmand for those who like that genre.
I was not always a fan. For quite some time I've simultaneously enjoyed, & been unable to tolerate, Aoud Gourmet. The aoud can be a bit too much at times, but I wore this out on a chilly night at the theater recently, and it was perfect. I cannot imagine wearing this at any other time of the year than fall & winter. It's like a big warm fuzzy bear hug (slightly animalic.) It's a matter (for me anyway) of figuring out *when* it works and when it doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by albinaalba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Delectable perfume, very similar to ByKilian BtB, just sweeter, rather the "child" of BtB and Loukhoum. Sharp honeyed scent, I love it.Word of caution: try it before bying, as it smelled unpleasant on a oilier-skined friend of mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Makes me raise an eyebrow for sure. It smells like potato pancakes cooking and oud incense being burned in the kitchen at the same time. At first this greasy food/sharp resin partnership put me off, but the second time I sampled it I thought it was really unique, although too expensive for me to ever purchase a bottle for something I'd rarely wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by amaiaisabella

A very light gourmand, sort of a honey sweet version of KM Loukhoum. It actually is a sweeter version of LUSH's Sultana, at least on the skin. I can't judge the lasting power as nothing lasts on me, but I will have to try it on my jacket, or something. The honey is very prominent, with an undertone of vanilla and a light powder. Very pretty and a great alternative for summer when you don't want to wear the heavier gourmands!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, this reeks. This is my first time trying a fragrance with aoud and will probably be my last. I sampled this off Luckyscent due to the yummy-sounding gourmand notes (my fragrance genre of choice), but the burst of aoud upon application is much too much to tolerate. Simultaneously musty and sharp, and nearly headache-inducing. Funeral home amplified by a thousand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 6:46:00 AM More reviews by 9154mf

I am pretty new to Aoud's and I think this one is just too much for my liking. I love gourmands, but even the sugar, honey etc in this arent enough to make me want to buy or wear it. The aoud is very pronounced and overbearing at the start, it obviously softens over time and the honey and spices come and peek their head out. But I still dont think I can wear this. In fact I cant even imagine what type of woman could wear this. The cedar is constantly in the background of this too, giving it a faint medicinal quality.
UPDATE: After a couple hours of wearing this the honey becomes a more prominent member of this scent and it's actually growing on me, I can't stop sniffing myself. A very warm seductive smell! That mediciney-cedar thing has gone too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent, sophisticated, adult gourmand. I definitely get the aoud, woods, and delicious food notes. The far drydown reminds me of a vintage Caron. Notes (from Luckyscent): sugar, marzipan, honey, spice, patchouli, cedar, cypriol, amber, sandalwood, cashmeran, musks