November 25, 2014 | 1694 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Lancome - Hydra Zen Teinte Tinted Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh no...it seems I am in minority here. I tried this products few weeks ago and I didn't like it because even the lightest colour had a bit of orangy tint and it made my pores so big. PLus it wasn't hydrating and looked ugly on my chin. Boo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Pollydoodle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a drawer full of tinted moisturers and so called "natural" make up. This is without doubt the best on the market - I have tried eye watering expensive brands and the high street. The colour Sable is almost unique - my main problem with all foundations and tints is the colours - always too pale or too yellow and make me look ill! Sable is just a healthy glow with a slight pink/peach tinge which is very youthful too. I do have good skin so do not need much coverage but this can be layered on days when I am tired etc. And even when layered it still looks dewy and fresh. I am about to buy tube number 5! I have never stuck with anything else so long. So well done Lancome and please don t change the formula or discontinue!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by springbug

This is far out the best TM I have ever tried. (and I tried a lot!) It is amazing how it evens out your skin tone without looking unnatural. It looks and feels as if you're wearing a second skin. Gives you a healthy, dewy glow. Shade 2 matches my skin tone perfectly. I believe they call it a BB now, which I find a bit strange because it has the same formula (thank god). I will stick to this until it will be discontinued (although I hope it never will!!!). Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by polisha

This is my first review here :-)
This product is PERFECT. I am fair-medium skin, combination, no blemishes or pigmentation.
I've been buying this product again and again- offers a light coverage, amazing glow to the skin, and the size is 50 ml (like a cream, not 30 like foundation).
The price is an ouch,BUT I always buy it when lancome offers sales/discounts.
Definitely a go to product for every day, light coverage, that stays on and the makes the skin appear super healthy and moist. PLUS SPF 15!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by roxygirl2807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

THIS IS PERFECT! If you're looking for that fresh, sexy, natural, dewy look, this is it!
I have it in colour 01 and it's a very good match for my skin, it's sort of a neutral beige however if you're very very pale this will be a bit too dark for you.
I'm in love with this product and the look it gives and will definitely repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to replace my Lancôme Aqua Fusion tinted moisturiser which is no longer available. The two products are actually quite different. Aqua Fusion was much thicker and creamier and didn't need moisturiser underneath. It had a higher SPF rating but also melted pretty quickly in the hot summer. Hydra Zen BB cream is a little lighter with a similar light coverage. It leaves a satiny finish and I would use a light dusting of powder over it in the summer especially when it gets humid, but the SPF rating of 15 is probably too low. It does have a very gentle fragrance and a lovely soft consistency which spreads and blends easily - 02 Sable is perfect for my NC20-25 skin, and it smooths over my huge pores nicely to slightly diffuse them (though doesn't really cover blemishes). It comes in an adorable white tube with a pink screw on cap. I am using this when I don't need to be outdoors too much, and rotate with Estee Lauder's BB cream when I am in the sun a lot (it has SPF35).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by MiniMabs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've come back to amend my original review:

It took a while to get used to this formula. I need moisturiser but I need for it to sink in for at least 20 minutes before I apply this base. If my moisturiser hasn't absorbed properly then I am left with a very shiny face when I apply this.

I love the colour - it matches my skin colour completely. I love the texture and the way it applies (fine with fingertips). It is very light, doesn't really cover blemishes but makes my skin look healthy and even in colour. It doesn't mask my skin - just makes my own skin look so much better.

Once applied, I dust some loose powder over the very shiny bits of my face and then spray MAC Fix Spray all over. Result is a very natural look - I look like me still - only a very much better version of me!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Pocketchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like to test new products under different circumstances (airplane, outdoors, air conditioning, heating, humid, dry air, morning, evening) just to see how they hold up. And I freaking love this TM! First of all, it's a tinted moisturizer, so there's very little coverage because that's not its purpose. I have fairly good skin, with tiny acne scars and some pigmentation, which this TM covers very well. It has a dewy finish. I powder my t-zone in the morning and I blot once in the afternoon and once in the evening if I'm out and about. It's very easy to apply, I usually use my fingers, but if I want a more airbrushed finish I use my Sigma F80. But a word of caution: the kabuki brush would pick up significantly more product than my fingers, which leads to a heavier application and coverage. The first time the end result looked a a bit orange on me, so I'm much more careful now.

I find this TM not moisturizing enough on its own, so I use a serum and regular moisturizer beneath it.

I have a medium-toned, warm Asian complexion and I use nr.3 Dore.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I was persuaded to buy this while I was looking for a good BB creme in the market. Major issues for me are that I break out with just about anything, especially products that sit on my skin for a long period of time, leading to pore blockage. I chose this product because the shade matched my dark skin (unlike Clarins which just has one shade!) and because it had SPF and because it is supposed to calm skin. The SA gave me all the spiel on how this product was researched to be safe on the skin etc etc. However, it still broke me out - though admittedly not as badly as some other products.

However, one of the good qualities of this product is that it matched the skin perfectly and really disappeared into my skin. It also leaves behind a dewy sheen which may be nice for some people but, as a person with oily skin, I can make all on my own. Use it sparingly or it can look rather mask-like - although I would then doubt its sun protection abilities.

Update: I've been using this for a while now and appreciate it much better. I had a bad irritation from another product and this actually calmed my skin down. I guess there are times when you can break out at anything. I could do without the sheen but people do comment on my skin when I wear it saying I look "glowy". I think this could become a regular purchase for me.

2nd update: I totally love this product now. I just wish it had more spf.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Valmerc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coverage is good. Smell is good - a lot of moisturisers are a bit overpowering with smell - not this one.
Colours are a bit too dark.

Very similar to other Loreal group moisturisers. Would be better use those other products than this one.