July 28, 2014 | 1747 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Lancome - Hydra Zen Teinte Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by polisha

This is my first review here :-)
This product is PERFECT. I am fair-medium skin, combination, no blemishes or pigmentation.
I've been buying this product again and again- offers a light coverage, amazing glow to the skin, and the size is 50 ml (like a cream, not 30 like foundation).
The price is an ouch,BUT I always buy it when lancome offers sales/discounts.
Definitely a go to product for every day, light coverage, that stays on and the makes the skin appear super healthy and moist. PLUS SPF 15!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by roxygirl2807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

THIS IS PERFECT! If you're looking for that fresh, sexy, natural, dewy look, this is it!
I have it in colour 01 and it's a very good match for my skin, it's sort of a neutral beige however if you're very very pale this will be a bit too dark for you.
I'm in love with this product and the look it gives and will definitely repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to replace my Lancôme Aqua Fusion tinted moisturiser which is no longer available. The two products are actually quite different. Aqua Fusion was much thicker and creamier and didn't need moisturiser underneath. It had a higher SPF rating but also melted pretty quickly in the hot summer. Hydra Zen BB cream is a little lighter with a similar light coverage. It leaves a satiny finish and I would use a light dusting of powder over it in the summer especially when it gets humid, but the SPF rating of 15 is probably too low. It does have a very gentle fragrance and a lovely soft consistency which spreads and blends easily - 02 Sable is perfect for my NC20-25 skin, and it smooths over my huge pores nicely to slightly diffuse them (though doesn't really cover blemishes). It comes in an adorable white tube with a pink screw on cap. I am using this when I don't need to be outdoors too much, and rotate with Estee Lauder's BB cream when I am in the sun a lot (it has SPF35).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by MiniMabs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've come back to amend my original review:

It took a while to get used to this formula. I need moisturiser but I need for it to sink in for at least 20 minutes before I apply this base. If my moisturiser hasn't absorbed properly then I am left with a very shiny face when I apply this.

I love the colour - it matches my skin colour completely. I love the texture and the way it applies (fine with fingertips). It is very light, doesn't really cover blemishes but makes my skin look healthy and even in colour. It doesn't mask my skin - just makes my own skin look so much better.

Once applied, I dust some loose powder over the very shiny bits of my face and then spray MAC Fix Spray all over. Result is a very natural look - I look like me still - only a very much better version of me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Pocketchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like to test new products under different circumstances (airplane, outdoors, air conditioning, heating, humid, dry air, morning, evening) just to see how they hold up. And I freaking love this TM! First of all, it's a tinted moisturizer, so there's very little coverage because that's not its purpose. I have fairly good skin, with tiny acne scars and some pigmentation, which this TM covers very well. It has a dewy finish. I powder my t-zone in the morning and I blot once in the afternoon and once in the evening if I'm out and about. It's very easy to apply, I usually use my fingers, but if I want a more airbrushed finish I use my Sigma F80. But a word of caution: the kabuki brush would pick up significantly more product than my fingers, which leads to a heavier application and coverage. The first time the end result looked a a bit orange on me, so I'm much more careful now.

I find this TM not moisturizing enough on its own, so I use a serum and regular moisturizer beneath it.

I have a medium-toned, warm Asian complexion and I use nr.3 Dore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I was persuaded to buy this while I was looking for a good BB creme in the market. Major issues for me are that I break out with just about anything, especially products that sit on my skin for a long period of time, leading to pore blockage. I chose this product because the shade matched my dark skin (unlike Clarins which just has one shade!) and because it had SPF and because it is supposed to calm skin. The SA gave me all the spiel on how this product was researched to be safe on the skin etc etc. However, it still broke me out - though admittedly not as badly as some other products.

However, one of the good qualities of this product is that it matched the skin perfectly and really disappeared into my skin. It also leaves behind a dewy sheen which may be nice for some people but, as a person with oily skin, I can make all on my own. Use it sparingly or it can look rather mask-like - although I would then doubt its sun protection abilities.

Update: I've been using this for a while now and appreciate it much better. I had a bad irritation from another product and this actually calmed my skin down. I guess there are times when you can break out at anything. I could do without the sheen but people do comment on my skin when I wear it saying I look "glowy". I think this could become a regular purchase for me.

2nd update: I totally love this product now. I just wish it had more spf.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Valmerc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coverage is good. Smell is good - a lot of moisturisers are a bit overpowering with smell - not this one.
Colours are a bit too dark.

Very similar to other Loreal group moisturisers. Would be better use those other products than this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ItalianBerry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like it, don't love it. It was a gift, and one shade too dark for my skin tone (04) but that's great for me because I use it as an overall face bronze and tinted moisturiser in one.

It's definitely moisturising... maybe a little too much, as it borders on shiny looking and I wear powder over it. However, once I apply powder over it, I get a nice dewy glow. I like the colour, although it is a bit too orange for my olive skin tone.

Overall, I like it and I'm going to keep using it. Would I re-purchase for the high price? Hmm, maybe on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by sharontracy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Looks very natural. Copes well in my sub-tropical location. Doesn't smear or tranfer in the humidity. SPF a plus. Weightless on the skin. It is on the pricey side but will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by mariesimone

I have sensitive skin with hormonial acne and some scarring on the cheeks. After finding a lot of good products for my skin, it started clearing up and I went on the hunt to downsize my makeup-products to get a more natural look. I have never ever before this been able to use something as light as a tinted moisturizer, so I wanted something which wasn't too sheer, but still looked natural and that nourished my skin (if I get dry I break out more).
The Hydra Zen moisturizer ticks all my boxes. It covers well but still looks natural. I use it over Shisheido's Refining Makeup Primer, which gives it a bit more staying power and set it with Bare Minerals mineral veil. Still, during summer it feels a bit "much" and gets a tad oily after a while. I am very happy with it though, as it doesn't clog my pores and makes me glow.