November 24, 2014 | 1917 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Clean Detox Anti-Dullness Foaming Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by purplesage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great cheap cleanser which removes all traces of makeup. Something I always look for in a cleanser! Have repurchased twice. The smell is quite fresh and doesn't bother me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by abelharainha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this cleanser some months ago. With Summer just around the clock I wanted a cleanser that would cope with my oily T-zone. My skin is something between normal and combination in the winter but in the summer it tends to get oily in my t-zone. What appealed to me was the fact that it claimed to be brightening as my skin was lacking radiance and looking quite dull.

This has a gel consistency and smells very fresh. At first I liked the smell very much, later I was only ok with it, but now it sometimes bugs me. But I guess that's just me beeing picky. I have a thing with smells anyway... Either way, the smell doesn't linger so it's ok. Although it smells fresh, I don't notice a special freshness or radiance enhacing properties per se. Does a good job in cleaning but leaves my skin a tad tight and won't control the oil. I don't wear a lot of makeup only a tinted moisturiser or sometimes a little bit of foundation and this washes it off. For removing mascara I used something else because I believe this sort of cleansers weren't made for eye are, despite what they claim in the package. Speaking of package, I like that this has got a pump in it. The package is very nice considering the low price.

Even though this does a decent job at cleansing I won't buy again. Here's why:
- The smell started to bug me
- My face is tight after using it (not as badly as with other brands I've used but I am looking for something else);
- Haven't noticed any kind of radiance improvement or any kind of improvement at all.

I guess this is ok for those with normal, combination or oily skin that are not looking for that squeecky clean effect or for an oil control cleanser. Basically this is just a very basic ok cleanser. The search continues!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by oatmealcupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this cleanser! i been using this for 2 years now.
pros:

* it removes my makeup, even revlon colorstay. it takes a few lathers to remove it but does a good job.
* deep cleansing but quite gentle for everyday use.
* has made some improvements in clearing skin. when i say that, it has made some of my pimples smaller. also in the long run, it helps prevent me getting those massive breakouts.
* contains a very low dose of salicylic acid which is good for those who have bad skin but dont want something really strong such as proactive.
* foams up really well and has a nice scent.

cons

*if u have really sensitive skin you may not like it because it will dry your skin out.
*since it foams up heaps, you need to rinse thoroughly.

i really love this cleanser, pls dont discontinue if you are reading this, garnier!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by beautiful84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great all-round cleanser for combination skin. I'm on my 2nd bottle after trying other brands but I keep coming back to this one. It removes make-up pretty well but when I have heavier eye-make up on I generally follow up with an eye-make up remover. However, overall this hasn't given me any breakouts or reactions and leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed. Definitely recommend this as good basic cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after years of using Shu cleansing oil as a stop-gap when I couldn't get to Selfridges to pick it up. First and foreme=ost, don't be fooled by the detox claim. I'm pretty sure that it's impossible to detox your skin y applyng something to the surface of it for a matter of seconds and then rinsing it off. The only way you can truly detox your skin is by drinking loads of water, eating really heathily and go and sit in a sauna! Anyhoo.... it removes my makeup efficiently and refreshes nicely (always a fab feeling after a day at the office) but struggles to get my waterproof mascara off. The smell is strong so those with sensitive skin need to be cautious about using it, but I don't mind it. Leaves my skin feeling a little tight but nothing that a good moisturiser won't sort out. Nice as a stop gap/back up cleanser but long term I'll get back to my Shu oil as fast as I can.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by levitate35

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This a gel based cleanser which comes in a pump bottle, which you can lock, making it good for travel.

This is a pretty good cleanser. Its refreshing and cleanses quite well. It rinses clean, with no film or residue left and, when toning, the pad turns up clean so it is a good cleanser. What i love most about this cleanser though is that it has substantially reduced the little bumps on my face. Now i have cystic acne aswell and it doesnt do much for them. Im talking about those little bumps that people with my skin type (com oily, leaning towards oily) get. Dry/dead flakey skin mixing with the sebum, building up a lovely little layer on your face and then clogging your pores, resulting in those tiny bumps and pimples. I think this is what causes our skin to be dull, and rough. Which i think is a reason why my skin, and people with my skin types' look bad.
Using this really has improved the overall clarity and brightness of my skin. I mean i still have the cystic acne, but with that dull layer gone my face looks much better, and more tolerable.
However i should mention that this might not be the best option for people with dry skin. I do find that does leave my skin slightly dry,but seeing as i have oilier skin, not excessively so.
My only gripe is that it has a very strong smell. It is fresh smelling, but in a slighlty sweet, mens colongne way (if that makes any sense at all!) However this is a small price to pay. I will definetly buy this again, and hope they don't discontinue this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by joyineye

I like it, feel fresh after using it. It is difficult to raise though. It has a really strong smell, don't like the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by amoii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this cleanser. It gives you fresh feeling and also gives your face a healthy look. It doesn't make your face dry also, like other cleanser. i hope this product doesn't discontinue.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by monkeyjungle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for about a week and so far am impressed. I don't generally find that cleansers make a noticeable difference to my combination skin but this actually seems to live up to its claims in that it has made my skin much brighter. It also seems to have reduced breakouts and works well as a spot treatment if you dab some cleanser directly on to pimples and leave overnight. I do agree with the previous reviewer though who said that it dried out her skin - it does, and I am also suffering from small red patches at the corners of my mouth. I am surpised that this product is marketed at those with "normal" skins as I definitely think it more suits oily/combination. Despite the dryness, however, I will continue to use this product as the pros far outway the cons for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by kikibaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It leaves the skin feeling very clean and fresh.. and no make-up left overs ( especially since my foundation is quite thick and hard to remove). My skin tone has noticeably improved and looks brighter. It really does combat skin dullness. I will definitely buy this product again. Lucky I'm the type to try new products which lead to my latest new discovery =]