October 1, 2014 | 1744 users online

Hair - Brazilian Keratin Treatment - Marcia

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by paula75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sunliss Keratin:

Hi ladies, I have been using the Sunliss ultra keratin since the last summer 2012.
Because of my active lifestyle, ( I do 2 hours at the gym 4 times a week) my hair gets dry and frizzy.
The Sunliss keratin worked wonders. it has maintained the silkiness I loved to have before all my exercising days. give it a try you can buy it directly from the manufacturer at Sunliss.com

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by TheBeautyStart

My hairdresser talked me into trying Pure Brazilian! OMG! What a miracle product! My hair has never looked better! If you are concerned about formaldehyde and other dangerous chemicals, Pure Brazilian has two formulas: Pure Brazilian Reconstructor Solution ORIGINAL and Pure Brazilian Plant Derived Smoothing Solution CLEAR: http://www.fashionandbeautystore.com/pure-brazilian.html The Clear one contains no harsh chemicals and it's safe even for Children and Pregnant Women.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Summer8167

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Watch out! I would not do this or ANY BTK again! Please do some research before getting one of these treatments. I have personally had horrific side effects from them and have read / met many other women whom have as well. I had major hair loss and after two years have finally recovered from it. My bf is a physician and he was encouraging me to sue the salon or manufacturers but I ended up not doing it. However, if you reaserach it you will find that there are serious chemicals like fermalhyde in it. Some say there isn't any fermalhyde in it but if you research further you will find they actually have other aldehyde chemicals that when heated to a certain temperature will turn into a fermalhyde complex. Point is, if you are thinking of doing one please please please do a lot of reaserach!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by josianel84

So I did the Elixir Keratin Treatment ( 60$ for a 8 oz bottle on Ebay) 2 weeks ago. It was my first BKT. Background info: I have bleached blonde hair, thin, 2'' past shoulder length. I usually blow dry it with my head upside down and straighten it and I do have some frizz. I did it because I wanted to cut down blow drying and straightening time and have some shine to my hair.
so, I washed my hair with the clarifying shampoo. After that I let my hair dry and without the conditioner I looked something like an SOS pad. When the hair was almost dry, I poured the Treatment into a bowl, put on gloves and started applying. The chocolate smell mixed with formaldehyde was really bad IMO (I'm a softie). I applied it everywhere (took maybe 30 minutes) with the fan on in the bathroom. Just the fan isn't enough. You need to do it in front of a window. I was wearing a mask the whole time and at some point my eyes started watering non-stop.
I let it dry for 30 minutes and straightened it. The fumes were bad but not unbearable. Took me an hour to do my hair.
Then my hair was pinned straight. Like no volume whatsoever. The next day I went to work, the smell was bad but nobody commented. Smelled like chocolate hardcore. That night I washed it after 24 hours there was no way I was going to work with greasy hair.
Well here are the results: 2 weeks later : NO FRIZZ what so ever. I don't use conditioner anymore. I wash my hair before bed, and I wake up and blow dry it for 4 minutes and straighten it for another 4, and I'm good to go. Without blow drying it it would be wavy as opposed to frizzy. Overall I wouldn't recommend anyone into doing this because of the fumes.
I love the result though. I plan on doing it again in a couple months but I'm thinking of buying a gas mask for future applications. There is formaldehyde in nearly all BKT because that is actually the only product that can straighten the hair this way. The BKT were founded by a Brazilian mortician who noticed that when corpses hair were drenched in formaldehyde they became straight. I had called a hair salon near me and asked them about it and they said it's all natural ... don't believe it! It's B.S. they are just trying to sell the product because they make tons of profit on it! Good luck.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had this done almost a year ago and would not do it again. I was not well informed at the time and learned later on most of these contain formaldehyde which has been linked to cancer.
Yes my hair was straight, but it lacked volume and bounce. I don't like the look of processed hair. Hair can be beautiful in all textures and forms. Also, I practice Bikram almost daily and have to wet my hair so the BKT did not even last as long as I would have liked. It's just not worth it IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by 80808080

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never written a review online before, but I just had to do one now.
I have naturally curly/wavy color treated hair. It is beautiful when it is in a good mood, which is approximately 10 days a year. The other days it is frizzy, and a little dry. I own every kind of lotion, potion, spray and mousse known to man.
I recently purchased Elixir Keratin Hair Treatment (bought it off of Ebay for a great deal).
I had my mother help me apply it. It was tedious, and took about 5 hours (I have VERY long, thick hair, for normal people it should take about half as long). It smelled great though, and had minimal fumes.
After it was all finished, my hair looked and felt healthy and straight, but the true test would come after a washing, since my hair is pretty easy (although time consuming) to straighten, and always looks very nice when straightened.
After the obligatory 48 hours (I actually waited closer to 72 hours), I washed my hair. Not knowing what to expect, I was nervous. Washed it as usual, and sprayed a little shine spray on my wet hair.
After that I went out (hair still wet, but seemed like there might be a tiny bit of frizz developing).
I went to dinner, and after dinner I went to the ladies room. When I looked in the mirror, I almost died! My hair was STRAIGHT!! :) :)
Shiny and straight, I could run my fingers through it. NO frizz at all.
It turned out to be MUCH more than I expected. I had read many things online, and figured my hair would still be somewhat wavy, but frizz free. I never dreamed it would be perfect and beautiful and straight without any styling at all. I guess only time will tell how it holds up. In the future I will skip the shine spray since it seemed to make my roots oily (a problem which I never dreamed I'd have lol).

I am in love with keratin :)!

I do have one question to anyone who knows, I know products must be sulfate free, and alchohol fee, but, does cetyl alcohol count?
I have several products which seem to contain cetyl alchohol, even my sulfate free shampoo, so I would really like to know.
Thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by pecurina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used so far QOD, Marcia Texeira, Global Keratin and Sunliss extra strong.

Marcia Texeira is not very easy to use. The results were not so great to my opinion. Did just one time.

Global Keratin was OK, the results were OK. Did just one time.

QOD - very easy to apply and OK results. I would recommend for beginners. Did 4 times.

So far, Sunliss works best for me. I used only their extra strong product. Their conditioner sux by the way.
I have bought so far twice a bottle of 16 Oz. and used it many times on me and my sisters. It is easy to apply and the results are amazing if you do it properly.

Don't waste your money on saloons if you have a good flat iron and technique.
I know that some of these products contain formaldehyde. I do the treatment outside of the house in plain air.

Good Luck!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by bronder21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had my hair done with Marcia Teixeira product and completely broke off my hair on the top, it also happened to my nanny and other people I happened to meet. Ever since my hair has never been the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know how this product is still selling on the market, it has tons of formaldehyde and it kills the hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From what I heard she is in big touble and even selling her company ... Stay away from Marcia Teixeira keratin treatments, I've also heard that peter Coppola ins't any better! Before she even came out with this so called Marcia teixeira many of people I know had it done in her house, not only was she working without a license at that time neither did she have any clue! friends asked why their eyes were burning her excuse was that it was onions in the product.. I do not know how this product was even approved by the FDA, keratin treatment is not suppose to make your hair pin straight, only happens when it contains a lot of formaldehyde and low quality ingredients within the product,,, I would stay far far way from any of her products,,

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by kerapure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Watch out, ladies! Many of these products contain formaldehyde which is known to cause cancer. The poisonous fumes can also cause irritation to the eyes, nose and lungs. These treatments are especially bothersome to asthma sufferers. Kerapure is formaldehyde-free yet a proven and effective safe way to smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by gabina2008

I have had two keratin treatments--one was the Brazilian Blowout brand and one was another brand.. I had a half off Groupon for the non-Brazilian brand. While the "non-brand" did smooth my hair and reduce the frizz, I did not get that amazing shine that I have seen on other people's hair. I did not experience any breakage or other negative side effects.

So, I found a salon (Chakra in San Francisco) that offered the Brazilian Blowout brand. I paid the full price ($350), and had this done one week before my wedding in Hawaii, where the humidity would have just made me a walking frizz ball. The process was the same as other posters have mentioned. The stylist said that at the other salon, they probably did not put enough product in my hair. There were definitely fumes. I had Aveda color (I'm a brunette) done at the same time. And I must say, my hair has not been this beautiful for a very long time. I have the most amazing shine. I couldn't be happier.