August 22, 2014 | 1211 users online

Eyeliner - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Eyeliner In Black

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this in the Earth Day kit. While I love some of Josie's other products (the cream blush is my HG), I really did not like this liner. I've never used anything that was more smudgy. I mean, I'd put it on one eye and before I could finish the other, I'd have smudges under my eyes. The color is very pigmented, which I like, having dark hair and dark eyes but I can see it being too much for someone that's lighter complected. However, this stuff just does not stay on! I tried everything: primers, setting it with different shadows. Nothing worked. This one is going in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by lena88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

i hate this eyeliner. i didnt get this in black, i got it in charcoal because black is too harsh for me and i was looking for a softer colour for under my eyes. this was hard to get onto my eyes, hard to blend, and it came off very quickly. it was not the product i was looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Graceful26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the delights of the Earth Day set.

The liner, as the reviewer below me has noted, is a true black with a creamy, rich consistency. It goes on very smooth so there's no tugging or pulling of the skin and you don't have to go over it over and over.

One thing about natural liners: you do have to set it. Using a shadow is a good idea but dabbing your brush in transluscent powder is fine, too. It WILL smudge otherwise.

Nice product though very expensive for the price. Korres has lovely natural liners too that I think are a better value than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Black eyeliner. This is a beautiful deep true black. (She has a Charcoal color if that's the look that you're after). The pencil goes on creamy and is easily blendable for a smoky eye finish. I set it with eye shadow ( I used Josie Marana's Chianti over the eyeliner) and the look lasts all day without smudging. The pencil, while it looks small in comparison to other options out there, lasts quite a long time and I don't need to sharpen the pencil very often. No allergic reactions, no itching or irritation. Definitely a keeper!