September 30, 2014 | 2017 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Foundation-Softest Gold #40 (original)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by KelsySJ

This is the best foundation I've ever tried. It wears weightlessly, stays in place all day, and gives me an airbrushed look. I use #30, "Buff." The packaging is a little impractical for the consistency but I find it goes on well with a sponge. Ideal when you use a primer, but also fine without - and SPF 20 to boot. I love this product so much that I stock up whenever I visit the US, since it's not available in Canada. Neutrogena's got a good thing going with their line of cosmetics.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by lizzliscio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not love this product. It was ok but not worth the 16 dollars. There is no pump so it is very hard to use. It is very liquidity and hard to blend into my skin. The color I got, I think 70, did not work well on me. Once I put this product on, I noticed my face looked very cakey and just not good. I need to find a better foundation someone please help me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am not reviewing the gold, but the classic ivory. Love that shade. Great that they have shades with yellow undertones. I have red splotches so pinky colors are not good for me. I am pale so it is hard to find a good foundation shade. So this made me happy and there is a pinky pale color for those that want that. Goes on a bit like paint and has good color coverage and is easy to apply with a brush or sponge. Does not look caky or shiny (though I don't have oily skin). There is a lot of titanium so it is fairly opaque. Not sure how that affects the darker shades. The only problem I have is, I hate the bottle as it has a large opening and no pump. I spill a lot. Still, it is a great, drugstore foundation. I have tried about 10 drugstore foundations this year and hated them all, except this. It's not the most natural finish, but not shiny or drying. Good for combo skin types. One my second bottle, which says a lot. Not a goto for me, but a reliable one if I need good coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by haleyh555

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

i have dry skin from acne products and this really shows it by making my skin look even drier. Also it is extremely liquidy and very slippery. i have tried brushes and beauty blender and my fingers and nothing seems to make it blend into my skin very well. also all of the colors are very yellow. overall ive used it a couple of times but it mostly just sits in my makeup collection also i go to school and play sports and even with a primer and powder i find that it is splotchy by later in the day and you can sweat it all off within 10 minutes so its not good for sports or hot weather. also this product smells quite strange so i tried to avoid putting it under my nose but i could still smell it on my face

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by juliany

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVED this foundation. It actually is the closest thing that I have found to a Holy Grail foundation. I'm 98% sure that it's my HG. I have acne scaring so I wanted to make sure my ideal foundation has great coverage but without looking like a mask or oily.
PROS
-It is relatively inexpensive ($14) compared to high end foundations.
-It blended in to my skin effortlessly even without primer, so I can imagine it will look greater with primer.
-It made my pores look tighter, and this has NEVER EVER happened to me with any foundation, and I have tried dozens.
-I was not oily 5 hours into it.
-It gives an overall polished, matte yet slightly satiny look.
CONS
-I have a really hard time finding a yellow based foundation so I will have to experiment with another color. Right after applying this in the morning, it looked exactly the same color of my skin. When I looked in the car mirror in bright day light 5 hours later, my face looked slightly pinker than my lower neck! Ugh! Most likely means I have to just dust with powder to set it in right after applying it.
-When I blotted my face or blew my nose, foundation rubbed off to the tissue. This could however be that I did not use primer, and I did not set it with powder.

Update 3/13/13
I don't know if its my hormones but this foundation is making me oily and breaks down in a way that looks like its crackled on top of my skin. I also noticed that using just a little of this product is enough, so that's a plus. It is NOT yellow based. I have tried two colors and none was yellow enough. Ughhh! I guess I'll finish the product but its not HG material.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by jennbebee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OMG how i loooove this foundation! i have been looking for a LIGHT cv\overage foundation and this one is it. i have been using estee lauder foundation (estee lauder double wear) which was just ok until i found one i really loved!
i love the soft feel on my skin after applying. I use stipple brush to apply this foundation and apply some bronzer after. I am not looking for buildable coverage or max, this is just perfect for what i like as my foundation: light, healthy for my skin, and flawless.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Goodgirl1009

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have really oily skin and this was my first non oil free foundation it was on sale and so i got it this foundation is not for my skin type but would be great foe someone with dry skin

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by tjaywong

Is it just me... am I the only one who hated this foundation? No matter how I applied it, sponge, foundation brush, fingers, I could not build any coverage. It also change colors on me during the day and it looked like I had a mask on my face. Just an awful foundation for me. Lucky I work for the company store and only had to pay for a little over $5 for this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by gfpixi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this foundation, it works great. I use the Classic Ivory though. It covers completely and goes on smooth. The colors and shades in this foundation seem pretty close to what they're called, I don't know how they say it, but it wasn't orangy, it was actually the Ivory I was for my complexion. It lasts a long time, too. You don't have to use as much. I'm not sure if it's this or the powder that make me break out sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by layla398

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! a reason i love this product soo much is because it is actually the first foundation that actually helped my skin (overtime). i had a few patches of lighter skin. It has great coverage. I loved how easy it was to put on and not cakey. I would definitly pat with a sponge and then brush in with a nice ffoundation brush. It doesn't weigh me down. the only problem is..is that it did make me break out for a small time. and then started its promised effects on skin. GREAT product