April 17, 2014 | 896 users online

Lip Gloss - Clinique - Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Sunset

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by xsaraboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this Clinque lipgloss in a gift with purchase set. It came in a double ended lipstick (in Tenderheart)/ lipgloss (in Sunset) duo which I thought was pretty nifty! This lipgloss is long lasting and has an SPF of 15. It is a shimmery nude color and can be paired with almost any lip color. It is slightly stick, but I don't really mind since that makes it last longer. It does have a strange scent to it, but its not terrible or off putting in any way. I wouldn't buy this lipgloss again, but it was nice to try out a new color. This was just okay for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

The texture and color are very nice for a gloss. Sunset is a light brown with tiny rose gold mica shimmer. The overall color is a sheer, light golden-brown with a hint of pink. It looks amazing in the tube, a dark rose-bronze with teensy mica particles.

It doesn't migrate or lose any shimmer through wear. It lasts a long while for a non-tacky gloss, about the same as a NYX lipgloss and more than a NARS gloss. I'm not positive I'd buy it over the less-expensive NYX glosses. The colors are beautifully rich and it's worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by goodcelt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a GWP from Macy's. It was in a double-ended container that also had Tenderheart lipstick on the other end.

It is a beautiful color and makes my lips feel good. And I didn't realize that is has SPF 15, which is awesome! Not too many lipglosses out there have SPF 15 in them.

I'm glad I bought enough stuff to get the free gift. It was worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by slivola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the color and texture but the taste is so offensive- almost rancid. Did anyone else experience this? I have a sample of this lipgloss in a different color and that tastes nasty, too. Maybe it's just me? Ugh!

I am returning it.

EDIT: Just found a great, inexpensive product alternative for the SPF:
Un-Petroleum Lip Balm SPF 18 by Alba Natural. I got it in cherry (delicious!) at Whole Foods for $2.99. Looks like a chapstick and glides on leaving lips smooth and shiny. Great base under any lipstick or gloss with SPF that lasts!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by jasminebaker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This lipgloss is not annoyingly sticky ; it is a little sticky upon application, but that is what helps it to stick to your lips for a long time. The gloss smoothes out (if you don't overapply) after a little while to feel completely smooth and glossy on your lips. The color is gorgeous, especially on tanned skin! There are flecks that reflect light the perfect amount, and I would definitely not regard it as glitter.
I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by breesana

I like the bronse color and the gloss is bot soothing and lasts a really long time. I use this color at least three times a week. I am rather miffed, however, that there seems to be settling at the end of the tube, as if the lighter pigments have fallen to the end of the tube and cemented themselves there. They are stuck at the point where the wand ends, so I can't mix them back in with the rest of the product. I really dislike this, which is unfortuanate because it is a nice color and has great staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by kikibean7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well first I must comment on the good quality of this lipgloss. I must say it is not sticky at all and makes my lips feel so smooth. However be careful because I noticed sometimes it can feel kinda heavy. Besides that it really does last a long time compared with other glosses and the color is gorgeous. Sunset has a bronzy irradescent look to it and is not too metallic. I really like this color and feel that it goes very well with my olive complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by mhooven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great summer gloss as it stays on well, has an SPF of 15 and is a gorgeous bronze color. I tanned last night (self tanned) and tried Sunset this morning, wow! Perfect color for a bronzy, beachy look. Yes it is sticky but the wear is so good I can overlook that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a light bronzey-peachy colour that is ideal for a summery tanned look. It is very shimmery but not glittery. It is also not very pigmented, so it can serve as a nude for the darker skinned ladies. Texture is similar to MAC's lipglass i.e very sticky but lasts relatively long, even after drinking and eating. The added SPF 15 is definitely a great bonus.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

Looks like a bronze - goes on more of a bronzed peach - lovely sheer tint with plenty of shine and shimmer - but no glitter.

Great for summer - especially with the SPF!!

Stickier than other Clinique glosses, but better wear. Will repurchase.