December 21, 2014 | 1279 users online

Liquid - Kanebo - Lunasol Modeling Water Liquid Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by mandyfkm

Smooth and thin, pretty long lasting if used with Sofinx long keep base, natural color, medium to full coverage, doesn't oxidize. Not much to blame indeed. (except that it's less long lasting than LM silk cream foundation)

EDIT: Felt like the lasting power is actually quite weak. Have tried the same brand's cream foundation and it got better lasting power!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by AsagaonoHana

This foundation claims to contain 55% water composition to blend into the skin seamlessly with a beautifully light texture , with it's claims to provide coverage that's bright , radiant and luminous without looking like makeup but like polished and perfected skin. Also has an SPF of 21 .

Does it blend into the skin flawlessly with a beautifully light texture?
Yes , The texture was just like water but stayed moist giving you time to really blend it into the skin seamlessly.

Does it provide coverage and finnish of skin that's luminous and radiant?
The coverage was indeed that of bright luminous radiant skin , staying true to it's claims it looked completely natural while the coverage remained buildable.

What about the SPF?
As it only contains SPF 21 I would suggest wearing an additional sunscreen beneath it either in the form of a moisturizer/sun protectant/primer of choice with an SPF of at least 30 to not worry about any sun exposure .

How long does it last?
It lasted really well , for 6 hours straight it stayed true to it's coverage remaining the same , but in another 4 hours it looked slightly dewy , which is impressive considering the ease and finish of the application .

Who would I recommend it to?
Anyone with combination/oily skin.

I have this in the shade Y002 , which is slightly darker than my skin but it will lighten up to your natural skin tone in a few minutes.

I personally have very dehydrated dry skin , so the way I utilized this foundation was on my freshly cleansed face , apply my moisturizer ( Physiogel lotion ) and sunscreen ( Sunplay skin aqua mild uv milk SPF 25 , which I utilized as a primer for the makeup ) wait for 8 minutes to let my moisturizer and sunscreen to sink in.

For light coverage which disguises redness and blurs imperfections , with one small pump I dotted it all over my face and massaged it in.

For more full coverage that completely disguises any imperfections , I use it with a clean damp makeup sponge , and starting with two pumps I build and blend the coverage where I need it.

I really like this foundation for the bright matte radiant finish that's true to it's claims , it still looks and feel like skin even after building the coverage.

The packaging is just average but I like the way it looks with the frosted glass and metallic cap and pump , it's nice to look at.

The price is quite expensive depending on where you live , but because it lives up to it's claims I would definitely repurchase.

Anybody can use this foundation , but dry skinned people should wear a bit more moisturizer then they would normally apply.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by roseb202

This goes on smoothly on my face, easy to blend, becomes matte pretty quickly. Hides my undereye circles very well as well as pimple scars. Absorbs very well. Actually has SPF as well (SPF17/PA++, I think).

It is VERY mattifying which you may like if you have oily skin. I imagine people with oily skin would really like this. I have combination sensitive skin and my skin was just fine with it. No gross cystic acne, and my skin is prone to acne. I get hormonal acne once a month, though, but that can't really be attributed to this product.

I wear a pretty moisturizing physical sunscreen underneath, and wear this on top. That way it doesn't look too mattifying. I am almost done with my 1st bottle and purchased 2 extra bottles and plan to use those.

Just wish the SPF (for UVB rays) and PA rating (for UVA rays) was higher protection. Also, if it had more moisture in it, too, that would be great. Because it can tend to make your skin appear a bit "dry." But the matte effect is relatively nice. Otherwise you should wear a (rich/thick) moisturizer underneath if you have dry skin.

Price:
It's pretty expensive at ~$50-$65. It lasted about 4 months for me with everyday use. But I will probably repurchase, especially if they offer higher SPF protection in a newer version.

Packaging:
Frosted matte glass bottle with rose gold colored cap. Pump-style dispenser. Some at the very bottom gets wasted because it's hard to get every last drop out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If you can only get one item from Lunasol, this is it. The eyeshadows, despite their cult following, are too sheer even by the admission of their most loyal collectors. The lip colors are beautiful, but retail for over $35 easily. In contrast, you get more bang for the buck with the foundation, and foundation is what Lunasol does best anyway, in my opinion. This is a fantastic sheer formula (for more coverage, check Lunasol's water cream foundation), and the color "OC01" is a great match if you use "porcelain" in LM's tinted moisturizer or "soft ivory" in LM's silk creme foundation. Normally I am willing to put up with a lot if I like the color, but there are no trade-offs to be made with this one. It is long-wearing, lightweight, does not oxidize, has a natural finish, and comes in an elegant bottle with a rose gold cap. A little goes a long way, and 3/4 of a pump is enough for the whole face. Quite similar to Armani's Luminous Silk, except this has no shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 5:11:00 AM More reviews by chanela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read many reviews on this product and decided I simply had to try it. Chose the liquid over the cream because I found the cream packaging too messy for my liking.

I am a mac25 and matched with a Y02. It's a good match and leaves my skin looking dewy. It comes goodweight casing, think it's glass with pump. Very hygienic and convenient.
Definitely repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by terrorteensuperstar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It comes out watery and fluidy. When I applied it to my face it gives me a dewy glow. I love how it doesn't emphasize dry skin or fine lines. I needed to touch up my nose after 6 hours but other than that my face looks as fresh as ever. The only thing I didn't like was the price :/ but I would be willing to shell out the money for it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by reverie1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the finishing of this foundation. seriously prior to this whatever foundation im using which claims to deliver whatsoever glow just disappoints me! but this, i can see my face glowing ( not dewy at all but its like certain parts of ur face reflects light and just makes u radiant and not dead matte) seconds after application! it is not full coverage but buildable, i just dab some mac studio finish over some stubborn acne marks and set with anna sui LP in 02 with slight shimmers. its oil control is so-so, hence i touch up a couple of times, but its bearable. the texture is lovely as well. i cannt stop checking myself out in the mirrors at the malls today =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by schixzotic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

One of the more expensive foundations that I've used, but worth every cent. It glides onto my skin like a charm. It's 60% water, so it doesn't cake or crease, and stays perfect even without a makeup base. I do, however, use moisturiser and sunblock (both Lancome's) underneath it.

I've used Chanel, Dior, Clinique, MAC's Studio Finish, MAC's Mineralize, and a whole slew of Korean BB creams, but this TRUMPS, hands down! Definitely my HG foundation!

It can be used with or without a finishing powder - if your skin's the oily kind, finishing powder helps it to stay shine-free longer, but if your skin tends more to the dry side, finishing powder is not a must. The foundation dries within 3-5 minutes for a lovely, luminous, velvety finish.

I wear this foundation for 12h on end or more on a usual day, and I never have to touchup. The only thing I need to do is blot, cuz my T-zone gets oily. :)

Excellent for people with sensitive skin. My skin is as sensitive as they come, and I flake/peel/breakout with products that aren't suitable.

EDIT (25/1/2013): Please do not buy this from Bangkok. I got a bottle from the Bangkok airport recently and the composition of the foundation does not seem to be the same. I broke out after using the foundation for 4 consecutive days. The packaging is different too - the new packaging is a slim, almost opaque plastic bottle, but the one I got from Bangkok was a frosted glass bottle similar to the old packaging but more squat in appearance. It is about SGD 20 cheaper in Bangkok however.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ymillie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! Prior to purchasing the Lunasol foundation, I was using P&J liquid foundation. I got this because Lunasol was having a promo set which included this foundation and a primer plus lots of other samples.
It wasn't any cheaper, but I liked how they included many products to try plus the SA gave me a tote bag. I got this for 110,000won (about $100CAD?). The primer was 50,000won and the foundation was 60,000won. I don't think it's cheap at all so one lippy off for that. It's almost double the price of my P&J foundation but this is totally worth it.
This foundation comes in a glassjar which has a pump. I use about half a pump. There's 25mL of product.
I originally wanted to get YO03 (yellow toned) but then SA sat me down to try the ocher (neutral tone) as well. I'm glad she did because the YO03 didn't match me at all! I got shade OC03 which is a perfect match. I feel that it's a light to medium coverage.

Here are the reasons why I love this foundation:
1. Very light and fluid (hence modeling water foundation). It doesn't feel like I have anything on.
2. Very easy to spread even with fingers, but now I use a sponge to dab it on.
3. Long lasting even though my face gets oily. I wear it for at least 8 hours a day and it still looks fresh with the exception of my t-zone. The primer that I got also helps it last longer.
4. Doesn't come off even if I scratch my face.
5. Perfect match, doesn't look mask like even if I start off with too much foundation on my skin.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No