Dr. Jart+ Black Label BB Cream

3.4

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 9.533%; Zinc Oxide 3.840%; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Silica, Arbutin, Iron Oxides, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Sorbitan Olivate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ozokerite, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, 1,2 Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Ubiquinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Caviar Extract, Propylene Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Alcohol, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Caprylate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Benzoate

on 2/7/2015 4:20:00 PM

I love this stuff and alternate mostly bt this one and their gold label, which has a shinier finish. Looks like skin, glowy but not shiny. This is as matte as I go, since I only like glowy, dewy or super dewy skin. I like the finish of the gold one more, but that one has parabens, so this one is still amazing, and I can add shine enhancers to it without feeling like I'm putting bad stuff on my skin. Or leave as is for more camera friendly finish. Anywho dr jart has been my favorite bb cream out of etude, laneige, skin 79, and maybelline so far. So far no one has impressed me more...

on 12/30/2014 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of the few BB creams I would repurchase. I still don't prefer it over my favorite, It Cosmetics BB, but it's still great. It is non-irritating, blends effortlessly, looks flawless, and looks like skin.

I love this doesn't have a weird scent nor does it pretend to be a foundation. It moisturizes well and covers redness. It doesn't conceal all your blemishes nor will it do anything heavy duty. It gives a nice slightly dewy finish that isn't wet looking or oily.

on 12/8/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My holy grail, I'm currently on my second bottle (tube? container?) so I feel obligated to write a review. Despite the fact it's too dark for my obnoxiously pale skin, I am willing to blend it down the neck because it just feels so nice on my skin. It's light, hydrating, and looks very natural. It has buildable coverage and wears amazingly on my oily skin. It's never caused an acne flair up and is a beautiful primer for foundation that is slightly drying. I like that it feels like a light lotion on the skin and covers dry patches like a dream. Being that it is December it's gotten to below -30 Celsius this winter and it still looked perfect. Usually I find the cold makes foundation look very dry and powdery, or patchy but not this! I wear this to school and it covers my redness, acne scarring, and general unevenness.

I generally cover this with a baked mineral powder (either Mac's mineralize skin finish, or Sephora's microsmooth powder), and it lasts through a ten hour school day with minimal oxidation. I wear it as a primer under Sephora's 10H wear foundation as well and get a multitude of compliments with that as well. I will keep purchasing and have zero interest in trying anything new.

on 10/15/2014 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of the ladies at Sephora recommended this to me when I was looking for a foundation that would work with my combination skin and cover my redness and acne scars without looking too chalky. It's not a good color for me (too light and too gray) and it didn't seem to last very long on my skin so I mix it with another foundation (Maybelline Super Stay), using equal amounts of both, and apply with a Beauty Blender. The combination of the two gives beautiful, long-lasting full coverage.

On its own, the Maybelline foundation oxidizes and makes me look orange. But that doesn't happen when I mix it with this. It seems silly to pay this much for a BB cream (and it is expensive) and then mix it with a drugstore foundation but it works for me. The finish is much more like a high-end foundation. I'm sure it would look even better if mixed with a better product.

Another reason I love it, besides the finish, is that it does make my skin look better. It's subtle but I noticed it seemed a little smoother and brighter after I started using this. I still have some breakouts - it's no miracle worker - but I do like the effect. I've repurchased a few times and will probably purchase again unless I find a single foundation that does the job without being ridiculously expensive.

I gave it 4 out of 5 lippies because it's expensive and doesn't work that well on its own. It also comes in a pump which works well but means you can't get every last bit of it when it gets low.

on 8/25/2014 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is awesome. I was introduced to this by a sephora SA when Bare Minerals started making my face itch. I never thought I would choose a BB cream over a foundation, but this product has great coverage, evens out my redness, and looks beautiful on my fair skin. I have been matched at MAC as nw15/20. This is just a bit too dark for me but it blends very nicely. It is moisturizing and feels great, but not greasy. I feel like it looks even better throughout the day, even though my skin is somewhat oily. It's beautiful, easy to apply and has definitely cut back on the length of time it takes me to put on my makeup. I don't like a lot of fuss when it comes to makeup, and I just apply this with my fingers. Lovely product. I think my search for a foundation is over, and I will be sticking to this BB. I will be very sad if this product ever gets discontinued.

on 12/9/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I figured I should write a review of this since I am on my 3rd bottle. I have not tried any other BB creams since I found this one and I tried quite a few (Smashbox, Clinique, Too Faced, Mischa among others)

My lil sister introduced me to the Dr. Jart brand. They say its a Universal shade, but I disagree. Anyone over NC25 may have some issues with tone, however it works for my NC20 - NC25 coloring. It provides some coverage, yet lets the skin come through. I use moisturizer when needed and sunscreen underneath everyday (I prefer more protection). I can use this year round except in the summer when I prefer to switch to just a powder. The tube is very convenient and when running out, you can pull the plastic pieces apart and get the rest.

An unexpected surprise was it faded some light summer freckles/discoloration when I resumed using it in the fall relatively fast..

on 11/19/2013 9:46:00 PM

I bought this on a whim at Sephora and wish I had saved my money. It settles into my fine lines around my lips and chin and just makes me look old. The color is good, but the formulation is wrong for me.

on 11/12/2013 7:58:00 PM

I received this as a sample and loved it. The color is a perfect match for me and the finish, thou at first sticky, dries to a satin finish. I wear this with a touch if concealer and setting powder where needed and it just evens out my skin tone. If you like full coverage or have a darker skin tone this will not work for you. However if you have fair/light to medium skin tone with pink undertones this will work for you.

on 11/10/2013 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My review is for the Dr.Jart Black Label Detox BB.

UPDATE: It's now December and I'm liking this and using it a lot more - mainly because my skin is lighter now (about NC20). It still has a more matte, dull finish but I either apply a heavier moisturiser beneath, or mix this with Etude House Volumer (amazing by the way!) or just forego any setting powder and apply only BB cream over my skincare. I do need blush or highlighter otherwise it looks flat. I don't love it as much as my HG Missha Super Aqua Snail Cell Renew BB - which makes my skin look glowy, is non-greasy and has a much more natural finish by itself - the Missha is literally perfect to me, and this just isn't at that level. I'll use up the Dr.Jart but wouldn't repurchase.

Original Review:
I bought this late September. Still on the fence about it. The colour made me look washed out, it only comes in one shade that I know of, which is quite pale, and tends to have more pink undertones. I am an NC25-NC30 in MAC terms, and I felt like it was just too light even as the day went on, the colour stayed the same. That is my main dislike, as well as the slightly chalky, ashy-looking drying finish on my skin. I felt I looked more sick than healthy.

Pros:
- nice packaging, pump/tube = hygienic and keeps ingredients stable
- coverage is light to medium
- mineral spf (Titanium Dioxide 9.533%, Zinc Oxide 3.840%)
- fragrance free
- matte finish (not ultra matte, more natural matte, definitely not glow-y)
- contains arbutin which is helpful for lightening blemishes, discolourations
- good lasting power, on me about 7-10 hours (though I need to blot or powder once midday)

Cons:
- only one shade (will most likely work for most fair to light skintones)
- likely will not work for dry skin, mine is combo and when I use this my skin becomes even drier as day goes on
- beneficial ingredients are pretty low on the list (but I'm not relying on this for skincare so it's not a big concern)

I would recommend this for fair to light skintones, with oilier skin. It's not a bad product at all - it just didn't work for my skin but I can see this working for other people. I'm not planning on returning and will try using it again in the winter, maybe it will match better as my skin gets a bit lighter, not sure.

on 9/15/2013 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome!!! This BB cream is great. It puts a dewy glow on your skin and evens everything out. Its only been 2 weeks since I started using it but I notice clarity in my overall skintone without makeup. It is lighter so not perfect for coverage but if you want a natural, glowing face this product is amazing. You seriously need only a little bit as it goes a long way. The price is about 50$ a tube but I think its worth it. It also contains 45 spf and has multi benefits to help keep your skin healthy!!