April 17, 2014 | 1486 users online

Powder - Yves Rocher - Velvety Loose Powder - Transparent

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by meligonlan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the third time I buy it. Something about it makes my skin look natural as if I had no makeup on but without the greasy tzone look. t's velvety and It's not drying. The jar is transparent which helps to you know the quantity of your product. Also it's not expensive when you get it at 50% (they send promo coupons several times per year).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by MikaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

really love this powder. I use it for about 1.5 years. over the cream / BB cream or liquid foundation (Maybelline Affinitone 24h). I apply it by brush, and sometimes, rarely use the sponge to the T zone.
Indeed, it is velvety and light, doesn't make me look dead (eg. Clinique) .
Makes skin look & feel soft & smooth
It has very, very few shimers, so if your face does become slightly oily it still won't look like a big disco ball.
As with any other powder, It is important not to apply too much and to take off excess with brush and skin will look so nice.
Can be easily reapplied during a day and not look cakey. Love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by mnich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder and use it everyday. I have been using this powder over my Yves Rocher foundation for quite a while now...it goes on really nicely and helps fill in and dust over some imperfections I have from past pimple scarring. Holds matte finish pretty good, I sometimes reapply to my nose during the day. Overall I really like this product and have no reason to try any other powder as it works well with my sin tone and does not irritate at all. Great product Yves Rocher.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by KristaniA

I used this product for a couple of years because I always managed to get YR coupons for 1/2 off.
I have the old packaging.
They had different names for the shades.
I think they were called Transparent (shade 1 - buff, almost nude) and Peach Transparent (shade 2 - golden beige-ish).
I used shade 1 during winter and shade 2 during summer.

Now, on to the product:
Sometimes it caked, sometimes it didn't.
I think it's my fault because I applied too much.
When I accidentally scratched my face, I could see the product stuck in my nails (gross, i know!).
So, I stopped using them for a good 3 months(especially when I found out that they also contained mineral oil).

Just this morning, I decided to give them another try.
I've been suffering from dry skin all over my face lately.
No matter how much moisturizer I put on before I applied my make up, my dry patches would show up.

Anyways, I put on my concealer and set my entire (moisturized) face with this powder (I skipped the foundation).
I was so in love with the result!
This time I knew that I had to apply with a light hand.
So I put a bit of the product in the lid and swirled my powder brush in the lid to pick up all the product.
I applied the powder from top to bottom with gentle sweeping motions.
It gave me a great medium coverage without looking too cakey.
and it definitely covered my pores.
No more dry flaky patches on my cheeks!

I never thought I would fall in love with this product again.
Regarding the mineral oil, I'm just going to use the product sparingly (you don't need much anyways) and exfoliate my face regularly.
This product never broke me out, so that's a good thing :)

It is a great product overall.
I recommend it to people who aren't allergic to mineral oil or acne-prone :)
Wait for them to go on sale.
They can go as low as 50% off the regular price!