Maybelline Retractable Lip Brush

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Use this to apply my mac lipsticks, HIP jelly lip balm, and korres mango lip balm. More sanitary and gives me more control especially when applying lipsticks, it helps the staying power as well. I've had this brush since 08 and its still going strong with daily use :D easy to find in most drugstores, and has a nice sleek black packaging. will repurchase when it finally gives out.

I wanted a lip brush to apply lip glosses (probably easier than lipstick) and came across this one, the cheapest one I saw, for about $5. I figured that most small brushes like eyeliner brushes work the same regardless of the price (I even use paintbrushes from art stores as makeup brushes), and thought the same was true of lip brushes. It works great, is the perfect small size for my makeup bag, and does not shed (at least not yet, though I don't use it often). The brush is a bit thick and not pointed at the tip but I don't really care about that. It contemplated getting a more expensive made in somewhere not China brush but for now I will just hope this doesn't have any poisons in it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

At first I tried it with my MAC lipstick and found it was not picking up anything. I then washed it maybe twice in brush cleaner and it has worked like a charm. May not be the best at it but works for those of you who don't want to splurge on an expensive one. I think it does the trick as my 117 MAC lip brush retractable (which was washed multiple times.) However, I find that the 117 lip brush from MAC picks up more product than the Maybelline but still does what it will do to your lips. I think I will just use the Maybelline one for touch ups and lip gloss.

on 2/17/2008 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the packaging and design of the brush. I think the brush itself is a little too thick. I had another lip brush that I lost, and it was much thinner and made it easier to apply on the finer parts of my lips. This brush is thicker and more difficult. I guess it will become easier with some practice though. But right now, it's making the lines on my lips look a little too soft instead of precisely lined.

I don't know if this is different from the other brushes being reviewed here. It's in a black case.

on 6/8/2007 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love love love this retractable lip brush. I've tried other, more expensive "professional brand" lip brushes, but this drugstore brand brush is just as good. ITA with the previous reviewer on the attractiveness of the case, the ease of use and the quality of the whole brush - bristles and case. --- I own 3 or 4 of them.... but wanted to buy some more. Unfortunately, all of my local drugstores and BSS have stopped stocking any of the Maybelline Brushes. Whyyyyyyy? :'''' (

on 9/16/2006 10:17:00 PM

This is a great little brush. It makes application of glosses and lipsticks sooo easy and precise and keeps your finger from getting all greasy from pot glosses. I love the retractable design and the silver case is actually pretty cute. I really like that I can just throw this in my bag and not worry about the bristles getting all messed up. Excellent value!

on 6/28/2004 11:10:00 AM

where can i buy this? i have one already and want to purchase one, without paying a fortune to purchase online (shipping and handling) what store carries it?

on 3/11/2004 8:01:00 PM

Super brush! and very cheap! So I can have one for my purse and one for home. It's so cheap I could probably have one in my car, my yacht, my jet plane, my horse ... (joke). I use it with MAC lipstick and it really works very nicely - makes a difference than just putting on straight from the tube. I like the convenient retractable cap, so you can't lose the top. Would highly recommend.

I've had this for over a year and use it almost daily. The silver case is so cute and I love that it both retracts and has a cap. Why would I need a high end brand when this works wonderfully? Even if anything happened to it, at around $6 I could definitely afford to purchase a new one.

on 9/29/2003 2:12:00 PM

I am usually a high-end snob, but as this was my first time using/buying a lip brush, I did not want to spend a lot just in case I didn't like it. This is in a brushed silver case and is a very nice brush, retracts easily with no mess, applies gloss like a dream (I use it with Chantecaille gloss and what a difference in application from using your finger - lol). It fits easily into your purse and was $6.50 retail, but I had a coupon for $2.00 off - what a deal! Highly recommended.