September 17, 2014 | 1963 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lycra Pro - Beige Style

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Super gorgeous classy nude that is so easy to wear. Looks fantastic on my yellowtoned NC 25 skin and goes well with my business wardrobe. Furthermore, it elongates my fingers, because it is a real nude. Dries fast, doesn't chip (maybe on day five) and has a pearly, glossy and elegant finish. You can't go wrong with this shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Hoppla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tip wear after a couple of hours.

Very disappointing. This product is clearly not fir for purpose.
Claims to last for up to 10 days....lasted not even 10hrs, and I didn't do anything that could have challenged the lasting power of this nail polish.

Don't waste your money on this polish,there are a polishes around which are cheaper and much better quality.

I rated this product as expensive, as relative too its poor quality it is expensive. Even 1 would be too expensive for this polish.

Looks like the other reviews have been written by the Rimmel Marketing team.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I find Rimmel products very hit and miss (and mostly 'miss'), so I was pleasantly surprised when I took a chance on this polish.
I wanted a neutral (low-maintenance) shade for work, a beige without shimmer but one that didn't look too corpse-y or make my hands look like those of a shop mannequin. I prefer to live in ultra brights or variations on black, so I didn't want to waste a lot of money on trying a look that I was uncertain of.
I tend to find that cheap polishes are either watery and streaky or thick and gluey. This formulation was just right, gliding on incredibly evenly and easily - no lumps, streaks or bubbles. I love the flat, wide brush; I really do find it makes application more straightforward than with the smaller, more fiddly brushes. I'm utterly hopeless at applying polish, so if I can do a decent job it must mean the product is doing most of the work!
The colour is beige but with a bit of pinkness to it. I did two coats, sandwiched between layers of Orly's 2 in 1 top/bottom coat, and my nails looked neat and work-ready.
I've taken one lippie off because it's certainly not as long-wearing as promised. After a couple of days I get a wearing away at the tips. That said, I've experienced early chipping from even more expensive brands, so I can live with that.
One more thing, UK girls may want to periodically check out their local pound stores - I've since picked up a few more shades (corals and pinks) obviously at a pound a pop!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 6:35:00 AM More reviews by wakingupwithyou

I love this! The brush is fantastic (flat and wider than a normal brush) and gives me an immaculate manicure everytime. Seriously can't say enough about this brush! My favorite color is Urban Purple which looks different in every light. I do a base clear coat and two coats of this. It lasts me 2 full days and then starts to wear a little bit at the tips, but not chip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Out of all my nail polishes, I probably reach for this more than I should but I love this stuff, it's affordable and gives an even coverage when applied (2-3 coats). The only flaw I seem to notice is the brush, I feel that it's quite large for my nails, quite a struggle if you're in my position...!
Overall, amazing nail polish especially that it's one of the very few nude nail polishes I have found at drugstores :) Rimmel have stepped up their nail polish game and I'm loving it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by MissBlackberry

I really like this particular nail polish in many of the colours as it has a really good brush for ease of application and is a long lasting finish. I think that it is a little slow drying depending on what thickness has been applied but overall it is a very good nail polish. :) x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up only because Rimmel is 3 for 2 in Superdrug and I had no idea what to get. I'm a French manicure girl and this seemed to be slightly out of my pale milky pink comfort zone.

Well, I'm loving it. It's pretty much a dupe of OPI Tickle My France-y, maybe with a more taupe and reddish undertone. I think it looks very unique and classy (unlike Rimmel's other uber tacky shades), it sort of channels the corpse chic look in a very high fashion way. Also goes with pretty much any clothes or makeup.

Lasting power is okay, it starts to chip at the tips after about 3 days. I use two coats with Rimmel's clear topcoat on top.
It also goes on very smooth, it has the new wide brush by Rimmel and doesn't streak even with one coat. Overall this is a lovely drugstore find, would look good on short and long nails and any skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by SpiritQueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The colour selection is awesome, I love Urban Purple and Posh trash they are like nothing else I see in the drug store.
But after wearing the polish for 2 days (with top and bottom coat) the tops of my nails chipped and within another day whole sheets of colour were ripping off which was sad.

But still was pretty cheap 4 I think? It was normally 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by hollyrhymes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this a couple days ago. I plan on trying it on my toes and hands as soon as I get my acrylics off! Will update.

Update: Beautiful colour :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by desden

This is from the new Rimmel Lycra Pro range. Usually I am a OPI user but when I saw this colour I couldn't resist. The colour is lovely if you like Tickle My Francey by OPI then you will probably love this. It is very similar but with less mauve in it. The quality is brillliant and it lasts for days without chipping. One coat covers perfectly and applies without any streaks. This has become my favourite polish, so much so that I am thinking of stock piling in case it is ever discontinued.