November 24, 2014 | 1241 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avene - Eluage Eye Contour

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by kaylerina

I am only 23 but started noticing some pretty advanced fine lines, a couple deep creases and my dark circles were getting very noticeable. I blame it on lack of sleep (starting my career) and my acne cream (Clindoxyl Gel) which dries out my skin. I started using this as Avene is my absolute go to - all their products have worked wonders on my skin and I have basically gotten rid of my acne and rosacea (sp?).
This cream is another winner. Noticeable difference after 2 weeks, even a friend commented, saying my dark circles were gone and I must be well rested. I used to be able to feel a prominent wrinkle on my right eye with my fingertip but it is now gone. Fine lines are slowly improving. Skin feels smooth and moisturized.
I'm giving it 4 lippies because I can't compare it to anything else, this is my first eye cream. I got it on sale and would repurchase even at full price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A major skeptic I actually bought this because the store where I had purchased something else could not give me anything but a store credit which would require me to buy the same kind of product again and I wanted a full divorce from them.

I languished around and really found nothing of interest until I saw the small inventory of Avene products.. I purchased my regular mist but still had more of the credit left in my favor. Really an ass backward way of finding an eye cream but it worked. I picked the Eluage and hoped for the best and was just happy to get out of that store.

this little jar has given me a lot of hope, and happiness.. lol. It has not made major improvements (only the surgeon could do that at this point) but it has given me a subtle redefined undereye .. less puffy and less baggy. Lines are fine still so they are under control but there is just an softening of the area under my eyes which is due to this marvelous creme/gel.

I have a new HG for eye creams.. and I am not going backwards. Two weeks of blissfully smoother under eye skin.

will definitely purchase.. even at that hideous store!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by unshkw

I love Avene's product in general, but I'm not a fan of this one. I've been looking for an eye cream that's moisturizing enough and can somehow brighten up my dark circle (even just A LITTLE), so I tried this since I always have a good impression of Avene. It does moisturize, not much tho. I like the texture of it, but it doesn't make any difference on my dark circle and some wrinkles. The design of the container is interesting, it has a tiny gap where the cream comes out, which I guess it's good for keeping the cream unpolluted. However, I stopped using it for a while, and when I tried to use it again, I couldn't pump it anymore( I was very sure there was still some eye cream)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

I have hereditary dark circles.I have thin skin to begin with and the skin is even thinner around my eyes,so my veins and discoloration is very noticeable.So after seeing the great reviews for this, I had to try it.I started using this in October 2011 and see no difference what so ever in my dark circles.My circles haven't lightened even the slightest.When I first started using this I used it everyday which seemed to be a bit much for me because my eye area was becoming dry and flaky,so I started using it every other day which is much more tolerated by my skin.Now I am in my young 20's & don't have any wrinkles so I can't comment if it does help for that, but after about a month of using this I noticed my eye area has become softer.I like that this has retinol in it so I'm hoping it helps prevent wrinkles from coming in.Ive been told that eye creams will not lighten genetic circles but I still have hope maybe something will come out that works.Maybe it will work for you if your circles aren't hereditary or super dark.Its worth giving a try.Even though it did nothing for darkness(which is why I purchased this)I like the smooth feel it gives.So the smooth feeling & possiable anti aging benefits,I might get this again.Make sure to only apply this at night & only a tiny bit, I noticed to much eye cream at night can cause puffiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by morphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this cream for the past year. It has made a real difference in my eye contour: the hooding is greatly reduced, and there's not even a hint of wrinkle as I'm about to turn 36. As well, I have super sensitive eyes which burn if I use certain creams (even if they are nowhere near my eyes). This cream is sensitive enough that it doesn't cause any reaction, yet it works. Will keep buying.
UPDATE: I stopped using this for the past few months as I switched to Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair eye cream, but noticed the hooding and aging look returning. So, I am back to Eluage!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally love Avene products but I'm not a huge fan of this eye cream. There isn't anything wrong with the texture but it doesn't seem to do anything after using this for the past couple of months. I've had other eye creams and they have worked with better success. So I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for 3 weeks and have noticed no improvement to my eye area.

Very expensive product that does absolutely nothing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

HG PRODUCT!!!! This has lightened my dark circles more than I could have hoped for in 4weeks!!! I seriously can't believe it because I have tried everything from Shiseido to DDF. My under eye area also looks so smoothe. This stuff is a miracle worker.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I was not blown away by this. From the rave reviews here I expected some really good results with the reduction of fine lines, sufficient moisture and maybe even some reduced swelling. But it didnīt have any of those effects for me, not even after using it for several months. Of course itīs better than using no eyecream at all, but in fact, I even find that it doesnīt nourish enough. Disappointed and glad that itīs finally empty. Of course, wonīt buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by osculari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am currently using this exclusively as a nighttime eye cream.

Previously I was using Bobbi Brown's Extra Eye Cream during the PM, and it was too rich for my eyes so I broke out with a tiny milia under my left eye. It wasn't a big one but I immediately stopped using the Bobbi Brown eye cream and scoured the internet for information on removing it. An article suggested using retinol eye creams because it can help exfoliate the areas around the eye and eventually remove the milia seed. I finally decided on Avene Eluage because of the good reviews on MuA.

Price: I got this for almost SG$70, which is ridiculously expensive compared to how much it costs in the US (only US$38.50). I would normally have ordered it online instead for the cheaper price, but because I was anxious to remove the milia, I didn't mind paying a little bit more to have it right away.

Packaging: Extremely sanitary packaging and travel-friendly. Although I would have preferred that it came in a flexible squeeze tube so that I will be able to cut it open to retrieve the last bit of cream at the end (minus one lippie for this part).

Efficacy: When I bought this eye cream, I did not expect it to work at all. I mean, I have already spent so much money on four different eye creams prior to this one and none of them showed any major improvements to my eyes. I was NOT expecting this to improve the conditions of my eyes in any way, let alone remove any milia. But get this - after the 2nd night of using, my milia seed was considerably smaller. After two weeks, the milia was completely gone. My undereye circles were lighter also. And the fine lines under my eyes were softer and less pronounced.

The texture is that of a light gel-creme. Sufficiently hydrating, but not too rich to cause any problems. I use it mostly on my undereye area, but if I have excess I will just dab a little on my lids.

Needless to say, I really love this eye cream and I think I managed to hit jackpot on my HG for now. I will continue to use this as my nighttime eye cream until my eyes require something richer or more potent.

P.S. For the AM, I am using Caudalie Pulpe Vitaminee Eye Cream (if I am going to be indoors), or Shiseido's Sun Protection Eye Cream if I am going out.