November 28, 2014 | 1252 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Eye Definer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

I'll never need to look for another brow brush again!
Beautiful synthetic bristles are stiff enough to create a razor thin for those who like the thickness of their brows to taper at the outer edges,but not so stiff so as not to allow any movement.
The height of the brush is the perfect thickness for my preferred brow shape (at the inner edges).
I apply in short, vertical strokes where my brows are sparse at the inner edges, creating the illusion of more hairs. In my opinion, this looks a lot better and more natural than simply filling in like you'd do with a permanent marker as you get no hard edges which gives a harsh look.
Beautiful, beautiful brush. I highly recommend it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've played with this brush for some time, and I've found a couple of uses for which it seems indispensable.

1. This is the best brush I've found for lining eyes with powder shadow (which I usually do over cake or gel eyeliner). The brush is stiffer than other eyeliner brushes, both filbert-shaped or flat, without being at all scratchy. You can put down a dense line of color that isn't harsh.

2. It's also wonderful for "cutting in" the crease to add extra definition. I'll use a pencil-type crease brush (one from the Essence of Beauty crease duo, FWIW) to put a diffuse line of color into the crease and under the orbital ridge. Then I'll use the Eye Definer to add a second, darker color in a fairly narrow line right at the crease. Then I blend. The result gives me just that little extra bit of definition to really shape the eye. I've tried this technique with many other brushes -- filbert-shaped, round, flat, pencil, etc. -- but the Eye Definer manages that subtle line best of all.

I do often take whatever's left on the brush (which is nearly always a taupe or brown) and smudge it into my brows for a little more definition.

One of my top five or so brushes. Wouldn't want to go without.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by shaee

I have owned this brush for a few months now and I am a big fan of it. First of all, the brush has a perfectly sized handle. It feels very strong and length is just perfect to hold and apply eyeliner or shadow.

The bristles are stiff enough to apply gel liner very easily. They do not shed. I had a MAC 266 and I would prefer this hands down. MAC one is not as stiff and gets abit softer when i want to have precise eyeliner application.

The product has a higher price point. However, I think it is worth it. With proper care in cleaning and storage, these brushes can last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by coolbabe377

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The Name Says It All

I purchased this brush after a BB makeup artist used it to soften my gel liner with powder eyeshadow. My eyes looked soft, and yet still…defined.

Now I use it with all my dark powder shadows when I line my eyes…wet or dry. It’s so quick and easy and the brush shape naturally lifts the line on the outer edge. It took me a while to really warm up to The Definer, but now it’s my favorite eyeliner brush. It’s just so slick.

And although I have several really old cheapy eyebrow brushes (cheap only because they came with Smashbox sets) that I’m very attached to, I know that I’ll be able to turn to this brush when the others have seen their day:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by cecikierk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Even though this brush is more expensive than most of my makeups, i would still buy it again since the quality is just so good. The price is definitely worth it. The bristles are stiff enough to create sharp lines but flexible enough to blend and not scratch anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by butterfli8

I bought this brush about 5 years ago and use it every single day. Brilliant brush. The angle and texture is perfect. I use it to fill in my extremely sparse brows and the end result is so natural. 10 thumbs up Bobbi!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2009 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent quality slant eye liner brush. It does not shed. I have had it for at least 10 years. I use it exclusively with dark color eye shadows. After applying the dark shade wet on my upper lash with my Nars eyeliner brush #9, I go over the line dry with this brush and use what remains on the brush to softly line the bottom lash line.