Kanebo Kate Eyeliner Pencil

on 7/22/2012 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The pencil is just too hard! It feels like I'm scratching my eyelid with a dull knife when I'm using this. Will not buy again.

on 9/25/2010 5:30:00 AM

My friend got this for me from Japan, and sad to say, it's terrible. I do like the packaging, as it is a twist-up eyeliner without a lid, and seems to be self-sharpening. However, I can't apply this to my eyelids because it is SO hard, difficult to apply, and tugs on my skin like none other. The black color is also not deep enough, and fades really quickly. I was so excited to try Kate Cosmetics, but this one went in the trash almost immediately.

on 5/25/2009 2:31:00 AM

This is an automatic pencil eyeliner from Kate, Kanebo in black packaging with no lid.

The only thing I love about this eyeliner is the packaging. It's small, the eyeliner itself is really small so you can draw precise lines, it's automatic......

But everything else is just mleh, and the staying power horrible.

This confuses me because this eyeliner is really famous and loved for its long-lasting, amazing staying power ? That's the whole reason I got this, but to me the staying power is horrible.

When I apply it on the underlid, and the waterline area, the product DISAPPEARS in 5 blinks, no exaggeration.

And I'm not one of the people who have horrible results with every eyeliner they try because of the certain eyelid shape or something.. I have not much problem with MAC technakohl and even Clinique.

But then, the staying power is different for everyone, so I can't say that it will be horrible for everybody.

.........but again, the color payoff is really disappointing too.
I got the black color (i think there's only 2 colors available)
And it's just black... not the really, really black color like MAC or Benefit badgal.

Overall, very disappointing but not angry because this isn't expensive.
You might want to try it if you think it will be good for you - it's a no.1 for a lot of people... just not me.