August 20, 2014 | 928 users online

Treatments (Face) - Trilogy - Age Proof Nutrient Plus Firming Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by gwb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this serum, thinking that i may be aging soon after hitting 36. It was rather expensive to start with. Not that i have wrinkles and lines but a very sneaky little sagging under the chin area after checking close up photos. The texture was creamy gel like with botanical smell that im not fan of. Ok I must admit I have been hunted by a sales assistant in Farmers. I used it once a night, after cleansing to be able to get the best of it during the night as a standard serums function. I usually woke up with no difference at all, did not break me up, however did not make any change to my combo and poorly sun damage areas around my eyes on top of my cheek bones. I am rather disappointed with my first and prob last purchase of trilogy. I expected a little help with those hyper pigmentations&sun damage. No. Instead I now just use a nice Japanese sunblock called Aqua essence, at least keeps the sun damage at bay in this superskinsundamaging NZ sky.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by eadiebella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was excited to try this product after reading reviews here. Couldn't be more disappointed. This product sucked all the moisture from my skin and actually made my skin appear MORE wrinkled and aged.(I don't even have dry skin more a combination/sensitive.) I've NEVER had such a bad result with a product. I used this under a night cream that keeps my skin hydrated overnight but as I said this product made my skin very tight and dry. I was horrified when I looked in the mirror I had more wrinkles and my skin was sooo dry. I persevered with it and started adding a second layer of night cream when I woke up in the middle of the night. But it still had a really bad effect on my skin. I will admit it made my pores appear smaller but at what cost?
I would definitely not recommend this. Get a sample if you can to try first. Will be interested to see if others have a similar experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by tmibgs

Just started my 3rd bottle. This is a great serum. Very light, spreads very easily onto clean skin and you can feel your skin firming. Great morning and night under your moisturiser.

My skin is in great condition and every time an ad convinces me to swap to a different, usually much more expensive brand, I come back to this Trilogy one. So now I've stopped swopping and I'm sticking with Trilogy. I have normal to dry skin as I head into menopause. My skin looks bright and fresh everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by FifiM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product from Trilogy! Quality is brilliant. As mentioned in my post on the rosehip oil this brand assisted with my awful break out from using REN products (have to go and comment on those in a bit ;). I usually only use Sisley products as my sensitive skin cannot tolerate products that contain excessive crap like REN products.

I used this product both during the day and night until my skin recovered and then after two weeks only in the evenings. I used it under the Trilogy Line Smoothing Day Cream during the day, which is a new product released by the brand this year. I don’t have any wrinkles therefore cant comment on that, but this product plumps up the skin, makes it look refreshed and does not cause any nasty bumps. Victory!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as part of an "Age Proof" gift with purchase. I didn't have very high expectations of it but my skin has markedly improved since I started using this. My pores appear smaller and my skin seems to be less oily. I will buy it when the gift size runs out. I've been using the 10ml gift size morning and night for four weeks now so a bottle should last a pretty long time. Plus, Trilogy often seem to have some sort of gift with purchase running so I can time it with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was lucky enough to find this at Marshall's. lt is working great! Just ordered another one from beautorium bc they were having a sale in trilogy and u get a free gift. It is one of those products that u don't realize how well it works until u stop using it.! Definitely brightens skin tone. I was afraid that finding it at Marshall's would mean that it was old but it smelled fine and is working well. Will update when I start using the new one just in case there is any difference. Update: There was no difference with the one from Marshall's and the one I ordered online. Love this stuff. I go thru it pretty quickly though. I probably use too much but it makes my skin feel so good.
Update again: June,2013. Running low on this so haven't been using it as much. I can tell the difference! Need to order more. Only beauty product I repeatedly buy (besides the st. Ives green tea facial scrub). This is a winner and even though I make my own facial creams, I don't think I can replicate the feeling or results of this serum!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Mestisanz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this a couple months ago and I really like it. I use it after my toner and before my bb cream. It acts as a really good base for my bb cream as its not too greasy! I've noticed a big difference in the pores on my cheeks and overall I'm not as shiny. I don't think ill be changing serum anytime soon as I'm really happy with the results I'm getting. I feel a lot more confident wear less make up :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

Another wonderful product from Trilogy ! This water-based serum claims to hydrate, brighten and tone the face. It comes in a tinted glass bottle with a sturdy pump. Texture wise, the serum dispenses in a watery form, and has the scent of rosehip.

I like this product because it is extremely light-weight (it does not leave any residue or traces of oil), spreadable and absorbs onto the skin almost instantaneously ! It also surprisingly left my skin feeling a little more taut (if you've ever applied raw aloe vera juice onto your skin, you'll know what I mean). I've been using this day and night for 1 month as a replacement for moisturiser. I have combination skin, and this worked out just fine for me. If you're looking for intense hydration, I'd recommend layering moisturiser on top of this. I cannot tell if it brightens my skin because I'm constantly out in the sun.

Trilogy does it again with this product. Highly recommended !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by pegasus1

Another wonderful Trilogy product! I have been using this pruduct now for a few weeks and even my male friends have noticed the difference! Really smooth product that feels high quality, and makes an impact that is visible.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 7:34:00 AM More reviews by ambodidi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was more than a little sceptical when I first bought this serum- I thought nothing could actually firm the skin, and if something did, it would come out of a sci-fi type lab and cost the earth. It turns out I was wrong on all counts. Trilogy Age Proof Firming Serum does firm noticeably. I can see the difference- if I had to quantify it, I'd say it was probably 20 or 30%. It also hydrates very well under my moisturiser, and I have very dry skin. I don't know about the brightening claim, because I've been using a separate brightening product. I may take a break from using it later and just use this for some time. I don't have acne, so I can't comment on how it affects acne. I like that it does what it claims and I know the ingredients are good for me and the environment.

It's not cheap (RRP $42), but you can sometimes get good deals online and at Myer or Priceline in Australia. You only really need one or two pumps for your whole face. I use it in the mornings, and I have recently been using Olay Microsculpting at night.

It comes in a dark glass pump which is hygienic, but the pump sometimes gets stuck and you have to rinse it in hot water. It's really easy to get the last bit out, which is always important, isn't it, ladies? It has a pleasant, inoffensive smell, and takes less than a minute to dry.

It's a good overall serum for women over 30. If you're looking for one, give this one a try.