Wet 'n' Wild Mega Protein

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

for the price I bought a few and I like it better than Maybelline great lash. it stays on better doesn't flake and I think looks natural. I'm not seeing the wet application or clumping at all

I was disappointed in this product. This mascara does not apply smoothly , slightly lengthens and thickens . The effect is too subtle .

Exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a mascara to wear just around the house or at the gym (basically, when I'm not wearing any other makeup) because I have light brown eyelashes. I was looking for one that was a no-brainer to apply (clump, crumble, mess free), had decent pigment and maybe would even help condition lashes.

This sweet find of a mascara has "nourishing" protein. Whatever, doubt that will actually do anything to nourish the lashes but hey, why not? Maybe it does a little and that's cool. Especially for $1.89! The brush is a widely spaced swirl bristle brush, very similar to the classic Great Lash brush, and works great to quickly and evenly coat all the lashes without any clumps or mess. No comb needed. Pigmentation is good; a nice, natural looking black. Overall it's just a "my lashes but better" look, adding minimal length or volume but boosting my bare-faced look just enough to be minimally presentable and make my eyes still look awake.

Easy to wash off (I did not get the waterproof version), no irritation, no smudging, no melting. No fuss, no muss and did I mention it's $1.89?! The bright green tube is fine by me too. This one is a big winner if you want a natural but nice lash look in 10 seconds or less! (Keep on going past if you're looking for major volume/false lash/etc. looks though!)

Edit, 6 weeks later: I've had a lot of lash fallout since I started using this mascara. It may be a coincidence, or it may be the "protein" effect. Either way, I'm discontinuing use and bumping down the overall rating. It's a good basic mascara but not worth going eyelid bald over.

So far -I like it . I generally do a natural minimal makeup look and this works nicely to darken and uplift my lashes . My lashes are fairly long and for the most part slightly upcurling so I'm not searching for much change from a product. The military exchange had it for $1.67 and I had a coupon for a $1 off so my tube was about $ .67! Yes I think I would buy it again.
The brush is a pretty standard mascara wand , medium black color, doesn't seem to smudge or flake (even after Sunday afternoon naps) , and comes off just fine with my Mary Kay bi phase makeup remover.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I give it 3 lippies overall and here's why... there's really nothing wrong with this mascara. Can't beat the price point and there's nothing wrong with the packaging. This product doesn't flake, the formula isn't bad, the wand is okay. If you want/prefer natural looking lashes with just the SLIGHTEST bit of added color, volume, length, and definition, then this is probably the ideal mascara for you. However, if you're someone like me who prefers something more dramatic or the "false lash look" then you probably want to skip out on this one. Still I have no complaints because the price was so affordable, but at the end of the day I'd prefer to spend more money on a mascara that does more for my lashes. OH and another positive thing about this mascara and one of the reasons I chose it over other drugstore options is because the brand is CRUELTY FREE, which is important, to me.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So long since a review and figured since I rely on them I should contribute.

I was feeling cheap. WnW was buy one get one. Figured why not try it out -

I bought the waterproof version - ended up with raccoon eyes after 2 hours.

The only mascara that I have found to not give me raccoon eyes is tube mascasra - specifically L'oreal in the red two ended tube. Does not give a lot of volume but adds color and stays put!

I got this free with a coloricon purchase. I can't really find anything to complain about, which is a good thing at this price point. The formula goes on ok...not too dry or too watery. I didn't notice any real smudging or streaking, and certainly no flaking. It won't give you false looking lashes (unless you have amazing lashes to begin with), but it's a great formula for every day to add some polish. It's easy to remove, and maybe the protein does some good for lashes. I think this is a great purchase for a good, cheap mascara. Beats the daylights out of Maybelline or Covergirl formulas.

I'm giving this 5 lippies because it does exactly what I wanted it to. If I'd been looking for a voluminizing or lengthening mascara, I would judge it more harshly. Actually, I wouldn't have bought it, probably. This is just a "my lashes but better" product for me. It makes my lashes look more obvious and glossy. I did not find that the dry time was length, and I live in a warm humid climate. It dried normally, did not clump at all and did not feel crusty or sticky.

I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. It cones with a fat wand. The formulation is not the greatest. It seems as if the mascara never fully dries. It gave my lash volume, but nothing spectator. The price is what keeps me buying it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Cons: not build able very wet takes long to dry can't tell your wearing mascara Smudges cause of wetness Pros: Doesn't flake will not buy again and don't recommend better mascaras out there for the same price.

Popular Mascaras