Wet 'n' Wild Mega Protein

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The strange thing is I give the price 5 lippies... you can't beat $1.99 for a mascara. And I gave the packaging 5 lippies too... the lime green color is nice and makes it easy to locate in your purse/makeup bag. But I give it 3 lippies overall and here's why... there is nothing wrong with this mascara, in itself. It doesn't flake, the formula isn't bad, the wand is okay. If you want/prefer natural looking lashes with just the SLIGHTEST bit of added color, volume, length, and definition, then this is probably the idea mascara for you. However, if you're someone like me who prefers something more dramatic or the "false lash look" then you probably want to skip this one. Still I have no complaints because the price was so affordable, but at the end of the day I'd prefer to spend more money on a mascara that does more for my lashes. OH and another positive thing about this mascara and one of the reasons I chose it over other drugstore options is because the brand is CRUELTY FREE, which is important, to me.

on 6/1/2015 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

So long since a review and figured since I rely on them I should contribute.

I was feeling cheap. WnW was buy one get one. Figured why not try it out -

I bought the waterproof version - ended up with raccoon eyes after 2 hours.

The only mascara that I have found to not give me raccoon eyes is tube mascasra - specifically L'oreal in the red two ended tube. Does not give a lot of volume but adds color and stays put!

on 4/22/2015 7:22:00 PM

I got this free with a coloricon purchase. I can't really find anything to complain about, which is a good thing at this price point. The formula goes on ok...not too dry or too watery. I didn't notice any real smudging or streaking, and certainly no flaking. It won't give you false looking lashes (unless you have amazing lashes to begin with), but it's a great formula for every day to add some polish. It's easy to remove, and maybe the protein does some good for lashes. I think this is a great purchase for a good, cheap mascara. Beats the daylights out of Maybelline or Covergirl formulas.

on 4/8/2015 9:58:00 PM

I'm giving this 5 lippies because it does exactly what I wanted it to. If I'd been looking for a voluminizing or lengthening mascara, I would judge it more harshly. Actually, I wouldn't have bought it, probably. This is just a "my lashes but better" product for me. It makes my lashes look more obvious and glossy. I did not find that the dry time was length, and I live in a warm humid climate. It dried normally, did not clump at all and did not feel crusty or sticky.

on 11/29/2014 7:16:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. It cones with a fat wand. The formulation is not the greatest. It seems as if the mascara never fully dries. It gave my lash volume, but nothing spectator. The price is what keeps me buying it.

on 9/25/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Cons: not build able very wet takes long to dry can't tell your wearing mascara Smudges cause of wetness Pros: Doesn't flake will not buy again and don't recommend better mascaras out there for the same price.

on 9/9/2014 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bought this on a whim - and I kinda wish I had read the reviews first. My 9 year old & I were browsing CVS's WNW rack and there were about 6 varieties of mascara all for $2.49 - so I picked this one mostly because it said "paraben free" in big letters.

Well - it is, indeed, watery - so know that before you apply and wait, wait, wait for it to dry.
Once dried it did not flake off (for me at least) - but I only used one thin coat and it was a very natural look. I was scared to apply more coats.

I will keep playing around with it but for $2.49 (less with a store coupon) I may just toss it and move on.

Next...

on 7/4/2014 12:05:00 AM

It is a protein mascara.
It is way too wet.
It doesn't dry at all.
Just the blink of an eye can cause it to smear all over your face.

on 6/16/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just got this mascara and love it. You can't beat the price. This retails for only $1.99! I like that the brush is straight rather than curved. I think you get better coverage from a straight brush. The brush could be a tiny bit smaller for my liking, but I'm not going to fuss. I also wish this mascara came in brown. The only color I saw on the shelf was black. This is also a slightly wetter formula and takes a little while longer to dry than other mascaras. On the other hand, this mascara seems more conditioning than others, and doesn't leave the lashes overly stiff. (FYI: Some other reviewers mentioned that this came in a white container. The tube is now green.)

To use, I wipe the brush off on some tissue before applying, which I do with any mascara. Then I gently apply one coat. The final result is subtly darkened, natural lashes without any clumps or smudges. This mascara is more of an everyday mascara for a natural look. If you want huge spidery lashes, this won't do the job. Applying coat after coat of this mascara won't build bigger lashes. You'll simply have a clumpy mess on your hands.

on 5/19/2014 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Horrible. It's cheap and certainly shows on your lashes, but it's cheap. I never understood spider lashes until I used this alone. I often mix mascaras so it's not too big of a deal, but I certainly wouldn't recommend if you are only wearing this and want to apply more than one coat. It also flakes and falls throughout the course of the day.