July 25, 2014 | 977 users online

Mascara - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Protein

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Courtney16

It is a protein mascara.
It is way too wet.
It doesn't dry at all.
Just the blink of an eye can cause it to smear all over your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got this mascara and love it. It's not quite as good as Maybelline Great Lash, but it's close. And you can't beat the price. This retails for only $1.99! I like that the brush is straight rather than curved. I think you get better coverage from a straight brush. The brush could be a tiny bit smaller for my liking, but I'm not going to fuss. I also wish this mascara came in brown. The only color I saw on the shelf was black. This is also a slightly wetter formula and takes a little while longer to dry than other mascaras. On the other hand, this mascara seems more conditioning than others, and doesn't leave the lashes overly stiff. (FYI: Some other reviewers mentioned that this came in a white container. The tube is now green.)

To use, I wipe the brush off on some tissue before applying, which I do with any mascara. Then I gently apply one coat. The final result is subtly darkened, natural lashes without any clumps or smudges. This mascara is more of an everyday mascara for a natural look. If you want huge spidery lashes, this won't do the job. Applying coat after coat of this mascara won't build bigger lashes. You'll simply have a clumpy mess on your hands.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by troo12

Horrible. It's cheap and certainly shows on your lashes, but it's cheap. I never understood spider lashes until I used this alone. I often mix mascaras so it's not too big of a deal, but I certainly wouldn't recommend if you are only wearing this and want to apply more than one coat. It also flakes and falls throughout the course of the day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale for only a dollar so I can't complain that much. It's not the worst mascara I've ever used, but it is flawed. First, it's too wet and goopy, and despite my care, it got all over my eye shadow and I had to get a Qtip out and clean up. Ugh. It also didn't provide any noticeable volume or length. Just color, really. Four hours later it was mostly gone. I only used one coat BTW.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

WnW's Mega Protein mascara is a simple, everyday eye product. I like this mascara because itís very natural-looking one. I mostly use it when I don't want to put a face on, but don't want to look bare. It's kind of my easy, weekend mascara. It's not a bad product at all. I think it's great to put on when you're going for a "no makeup" makeup look or if you're in a rush & not trying to do anything fancy. I only wear this alone, I don't wear it with any other mascara. It noticeably lengthened my lashes, but not dramatically so. I read other reviews & people said they found it flaked off - I don't find it flaky at all; however, like I said, I wear this product alone & only put on one or two layers.

I bought this for $0.50 (yes, that's right!) from a local store where I usually go to buy discounted, discontinued, & hard-to-find cosmetics. The packaging is opalescent white with matching green details. Even though this is genuinely a good product, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy this again unless I came across it again for .50 cents; I'd buy it again just to have it. This isn't for those of you who love full & thick lashes because this mascara will not deliver that. I recommend buying Mega Protein if you're looking for mascara that will do the basic necessities, but not if you're a diva in everyday life.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by brit64

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This was an all right mascara. For the price, I think it was worth it - there wasn't any major cons for me. It definitely wasn't a miracle product by any means though either. I always like to try different mascara's, so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by iowagirl

This is only one step above wearing no mascara at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by elenaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to love it at first but after some weeks i jst hated it. It is so clumpy .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by crystal105

I LOVE this mascara. This is definitely a daytime mascara. As previous reviewers have stated, it's not going to give you a false lash look, but I don't want that during the day (or ever really). It really is your lashes but a better, just slightly darker, fuller and longer. It is wet, but I don't have any issues with sloppiness or getting it everywhere. It goes on so smooth and will not clump. I have tried to make it clump (just to see if it would), and it won't. It doesn't flake during the day (which is an issue I have with a lot of mascaras), and it doesn't smudge. It washes off easily. Your lashes still feel and look soft (not stiff or rigid) when you're wearing this. I absolutely love this. I have a $1 off coupon, so it was only .97, but I would buy it again even if it cost more. For most people this would not be enough at night, but it is perfect, perfect, PERFECT for daytime.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I may buy this product again bc the price is nice. I jumped in a Dollar General late on night when I had an event to go to early the next morning and of course was away from home and my makeup bag. This was cheap and I was worried about smudging or flaking but the formula is actually really nice. This is NOT a bold, false eyelash kind of mascara. This is a highlight your eyelashes, make you look awake but more natural looking mascara. It takes a little longer to dry but I usually wear voluminous millions waterproof which dries really fast. Most importantly it does work well, no clumps, no irritation and my lashes are not dry or crunchy looking. Well worth the $2 price tag. Nice for a minimal makeup day. Also I usually wear it with WnW megalast eyeliner.