Wet 'n' Wild Mega Protein

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/22/2015 7:22:00 PM

I got this free with a coloricon purchase. I can't really find anything to complain about, which is a good thing at this price point. The formula goes on ok...not too dry or too watery. I didn't notice any real smudging or streaking, and certainly no flaking. It won't give you false looking lashes (unless you have amazing lashes to begin with), but it's a great formula for every day to add some polish. It's easy to remove, and maybe the protein does some good for lashes. I think this is a great purchase for a good, cheap mascara. Beats the daylights out of Maybelline or Covergirl formulas.

on 4/8/2015 9:58:00 PM

I'm giving this 5 lippies because it does exactly what I wanted it to. If I'd been looking for a voluminizing or lengthening mascara, I would judge it more harshly. Actually, I wouldn't have bought it, probably. This is just a "my lashes but better" product for me. It makes my lashes look more obvious and glossy. I did not find that the dry time was length, and I live in a warm humid climate. It dried normally, did not clump at all and did not feel crusty or sticky.

on 11/29/2014 7:16:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. It cones with a fat wand. The formulation is not the greatest. It seems as if the mascara never fully dries. It gave my lash volume, but nothing spectator. The price is what keeps me buying it.

on 9/25/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Cons: not build able very wet takes long to dry can't tell your wearing mascara Smudges cause of wetness Pros: Doesn't flake will not buy again and don't recommend better mascaras out there for the same price.

on 9/9/2014 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this on a whim - and I kinda wish I had read the reviews first. My 9 year old & I were browsing CVS's WNW rack and there were about 6 varieties of mascara all for $2.49 - so I picked this one mostly because it said "paraben free" in big letters.

Well - it is, indeed, watery - so know that before you apply and wait, wait, wait for it to dry.
Once dried it did not flake off (for me at least) - but I only used one thin coat and it was a very natural look. I was scared to apply more coats.

I will keep playing around with it but for $2.49 (less with a store coupon) I may just toss it and move on.

Next...

on 7/4/2014 12:05:00 AM

It is a protein mascara.
It is way too wet.
It doesn't dry at all.
Just the blink of an eye can cause it to smear all over your face.

on 6/16/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just got this mascara and love it. You can't beat the price. This retails for only $1.99! I like that the brush is straight rather than curved. I think you get better coverage from a straight brush. The brush could be a tiny bit smaller for my liking, but I'm not going to fuss. I also wish this mascara came in brown. The only color I saw on the shelf was black. This is also a slightly wetter formula and takes a little while longer to dry than other mascaras. On the other hand, this mascara seems more conditioning than others, and doesn't leave the lashes overly stiff. (FYI: Some other reviewers mentioned that this came in a white container. The tube is now green.)

To use, I wipe the brush off on some tissue before applying, which I do with any mascara. Then I gently apply one coat. The final result is subtly darkened, natural lashes without any clumps or smudges. This mascara is more of an everyday mascara for a natural look. If you want huge spidery lashes, this won't do the job. Applying coat after coat of this mascara won't build bigger lashes. You'll simply have a clumpy mess on your hands.

on 5/19/2014 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Horrible. It's cheap and certainly shows on your lashes, but it's cheap. I never understood spider lashes until I used this alone. I often mix mascaras so it's not too big of a deal, but I certainly wouldn't recommend if you are only wearing this and want to apply more than one coat. It also flakes and falls throughout the course of the day.

on 5/15/2014 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I got this on sale for only a dollar so I can't complain that much. It's not the worst mascara I've ever used, but it is flawed. First, it's too wet and goopy, and despite my care, it got all over my eye shadow and I had to get a Qtip out and clean up. Ugh. It also didn't provide any noticeable volume or length. Just color, really. Four hours later it was mostly gone. I only used one coat BTW.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have a Wet 'n' Wild Mega Protein Mascara in shade C641A Very Black & it's just one of those drugstore mascaras that I like to have on hand. I like to wear it on days I want a natural look or don't want to put on a full face, but don't want to look bare. If I'm going for a "no makeup" makeup look or am in a rush & don't have time to do anything too special, this is what I'll grab. It's not the greatest & it's not the best, but it's good for the less than $2 it costs. This is good enough a mascara I can wear alone & that matters to me. Mascaras that only look good if they're on top of a separate one annoy me. This one can lengthen my eyelashes subtly, which I appreciate. I have do really sensitive eyes & wear prescription contact lenses, but I didn't have an issue with flaking & I didn't have any sort of reactions.

I bought it for 50 from a local store that sells discounted & hard-to-find makeup. Its packaging is this pearlescent white tube with matching green details. Even though this isn't bad mascara, I would not go out of my way to buy it again unless I came across it for 50. I only recommend buying Mega Protein if you're looking for a mascara that'll do the basic necessities, but not if you're a diva in everyday life. Like I said, if I found it for the same price, I would probably buy another tube just to have it.

Popular Mascaras