Beauty Without Cruelty Green Tea Nourishing Eye Gel

3.7

Not tested on animals

Organic lavender hydrosol, botanical infusion (green tea, grapeseed, ginkgo biloba), vegetable glycerin, lecithin liposomes (time-release anti-oxidants: vitamins E & A, extracts of green tea, grapeseed, and gingko biloba), so-dium hyaluronate (powerful moisturizer), oat protein, lecithin liposomes (time-release moisturizers: panthenol, sodium pca), oat beta glucan, organic cucumber extract, soy protein, xanthan gum, anti-oxidant complex: vitamin E (natural d-alpha tocopherol) and vitamin A (retinyl palmitate), beta carotene, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, azulene, citric acid (from citrus fruit).

on 7/5/2015 3:40:00 AM

Purchased when I picked up the 3% AHA cleanser from Vitamin Shoppe. This is a cooling gel, really tightened the eye area but provided absolutely no moisturizing benefits to the area. When I added a moisturizer, I then lost the tightening effect. I liked the smooth, de-puffed effect but need moisture so my under eye area doesn't get crepey. Reminded me a lot of the Ole Henricksen eye gel (blue tinted stuff). I would definitely continue to use and repurchase if puffiness was my issue, but since I am more concerned with dryness I don't see any benefit.

on 4/27/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was not good for me, I have really dry skin and this had no hydration at all. But honestly, I'm not sure why anyone would even bother with this, it doesn't seem to serve any purpose, except that it burned a little and irritated my eyes.

on 5/21/2009 8:24:00 PM

I love this eye gel, it gets the skin under my eyes nice and smooth and bright. I've never had a problem with it being sticky or tacky. Probably wouldn't repurchase, just because I like to try new things

on 11/29/2008 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really love this product. It's light and doesn't irritate the area around my eyes. There's little if any fragrance, which is a big plus. I really think it has helped diminish the darkness and puffiness around my eyes--it seems to be chock full of great ingredients. You get a lot for the price--I've been using my bottle for close to six months and there's still a lot left in the bottle. The description on the bottle says it's only for the corners of the eyes--I can't figure that one out considering it's really done wonders for my entire under eye area.

on 2/23/2008 3:48:00 AM

While I do like the cool gel feel, the skin around my eyes did not feel moisturized. In fact, it seems like it exacerbated by dark circles. Perhaps gels just aren't moisturizing enough for me. I'll stick to the creamier formulas.

on 12/18/2007 8:12:00 PM

This eye gel does a good job with puffiness and dark circles, and it isn't drying the way some gels with caffeine are. I personally have found that it absorbs well and can be used under daytime makeup just fine. I wear contacts and my eyes can be sensitive to skin care products but the only time I had a problem with this was when I accidentally rubbed some IN my eye -- otherwise, under eye and on lid no problems. The sealable dispenser bottle is really convenient, too.

on 10/10/2007 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have a sample of this, and only used it for the first time last night.

So far, I really like it.

This eye gel has virtually no scent, and feels moisturizing, but not oily. Since my skin is uber-oily, I prefer to use gel formula moisturizers, but they can be hard to find.

I plan to update later, and if all continues to go well, I'll likely buy a full-size.
UPDATE, AFTER ABOUT TWO MONTHS OF USE: This works great! It softens fine lines, doesn't clog my pores. continued >>

on 8/17/2007 1:23:00 PM

I have used this nightly for about I year and I still have not run out. It has lots of antioxidants and helpful ingredients. I have noticed no change in my fine lines, but I don't really have many anyway. I did notice a slight decrease in the appearance of my dark circles, but I could not say for sure if it was this gel or something else. It does have a sticky feel to it so I would not use it during the day. I have never noticed any stinging, burning, redness from the product.

Update: I have tried other more expensive eye creams and they aren't much better than this, so I upgraded it. Still I would only wear it at night due to the sticky factor.

on 10/20/2006 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Within 5 minutes of applying this under my eyes, my skin became bright red. It felt like I had a burn. This product was way too much for my sensitive skin.

Wonderfully nourishing, calming and cooling eye gel. It is VERY natural and loaded with antioxidants. For the price you get alot of product, and the pump can be closed for when you are traveling. Feels amazing on lids too. It's one of my HG products and I MUST always have some on hand.