November 27, 2014 | 1487 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Beauty Without Cruelty - Green Tea Nourishing Eye Gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was not good for me, I have really dry skin and this had no hydration at all. But honestly, I'm not sure why anyone would even bother with this, it doesn't seem to serve any purpose, except that it burned a little and irritated my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by LeiMar86

I love this eye gel, it gets the skin under my eyes nice and smooth and bright. I've never had a problem with it being sticky or tacky. Probably wouldn't repurchase, just because I like to try new things

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by nikkifleurs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. It's light and doesn't irritate the area around my eyes. There's little if any fragrance, which is a big plus. I really think it has helped diminish the darkness and puffiness around my eyes--it seems to be chock full of great ingredients. You get a lot for the price--I've been using my bottle for close to six months and there's still a lot left in the bottle. The description on the bottle says it's only for the corners of the eyes--I can't figure that one out considering it's really done wonders for my entire under eye area.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2008 3:48:00 AM More reviews by hellslina

While I do like the cool gel feel, the skin around my eyes did not feel moisturized. In fact, it seems like it exacerbated by dark circles. Perhaps gels just aren't moisturizing enough for me. I'll stick to the creamier formulas.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by anniika

This eye gel does a good job with puffiness and dark circles, and it isn't drying the way some gels with caffeine are. I personally have found that it absorbs well and can be used under daytime makeup just fine. I wear contacts and my eyes can be sensitive to skin care products but the only time I had a problem with this was when I accidentally rubbed some IN my eye -- otherwise, under eye and on lid no problems. The sealable dispenser bottle is really convenient, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a sample of this, and only used it for the first time last night.

So far, I really like it.

This eye gel has virtually no scent, and feels moisturizing, but not oily. Since my skin is uber-oily, I prefer to use gel formula moisturizers, but they can be hard to find.

I plan to update later, and if all continues to go well, I'll likely buy a full-size.
UPDATE, AFTER ABOUT TWO MONTHS OF USE: This works great! It softens fine lines, doesn't clog my pores. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2007 1:23:00 PM More reviews by as8566

I have used this nightly for about I year and I still have not run out. It has lots of antioxidants and helpful ingredients. I have noticed no change in my fine lines, but I don't really have many anyway. I did notice a slight decrease in the appearance of my dark circles, but I could not say for sure if it was this gel or something else. It does have a sticky feel to it so I would not use it during the day. I have never noticed any stinging, burning, redness from the product.

Update: I have tried other more expensive eye creams and they aren't much better than this, so I upgraded it. Still I would only wear it at night due to the sticky factor.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2006 2:26:00 PM More reviews by rhonnib

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Within 5 minutes of applying this under my eyes, my skin became bright red. It felt like I had a burn. This product was way too much for my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2006 7:33:00 PM More reviews by luvyababygirl

Wonderfully nourishing, calming and cooling eye gel. It is VERY natural and loaded with antioxidants. For the price you get alot of product, and the pump can be closed for when you are traveling. Feels amazing on lids too. It's one of my HG products and I MUST always have some on hand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2006 4:14:00 AM More reviews by smiles4c

I was at my local healthfood stores and chose this product over Alba's green tea eye gel because it was a few dollars cheaper...very cute bottle, smells good...STINGS the holy crap out of my eyes! I swear this only has to get *near* my eyes and they water all over the place. It really hurts! I put it away after using it a few times with the same results...got it out again a few months later to re-try and the same thing happed! Why in the world would someone put irritating ingredients in an eye gel? It does feel nice and soothing around my eyes...if I don't manage to wash it all off with the tears running out of my eyes :/ No rebuy for me.