Dolce & Gabbana The Classic Lipstick

3.6

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So drying. My lips burned as soon as i applied it. Then they dried, chapped and cracked after reaplying.

on 2/9/2014 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pros:
- Beautiful packaging
- Wide range of beautiful shades
- Good coverage
- Decent staying power
Cons:
- Smell
- Taste
- Formula is quite drying, however, I was able manage with lip balm underneath
Overall: My Saks D&G counter told me that the lipsticks are currently reformulated, so I am really hoping that they take that fragrance out of these gorgeous lipsticks - it is a very strong, artificial powdery/floral scent that I find truly nauseating and that is a complete deal breaker for me - sadly, two lippies off for that. Until they do away with the fragrance there will definitely not be any repurchase from me, which is a real pity because I like pretty much everything else about this beautiful line. Retails for $32.

on 10/28/2012 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is hands down my favourite lipstick ever. I never thought that I would actually say that for anything other than Dior lipstick, but. I first bought D&G lipstick two years ago, and since than became an adept for their formula.
I have very dry lips, and it is usually hard to find a lipstick that won't be drying even without applying lip blam beforehand, and one that also will be long-lasting. And with an incredible shade range. Dolce and Gabbana seems to have it all.
I feel that my lips are in great condition under this lipstick, and the colour lasts on me for an impressive 8 hours at least, without any touch-ups. It doesn't feather or bleed.
The only thing I don't like about pretty much all D&G makeup products is the packaging. Yes, it's supposed to be luxurious, all gold and shiny, but mine tube got scratches all over it agter a week in my makeup bag! Not glamorous and luxurious at all... other than that, the product is great.
It has a very retro scent, rosy but nice. Will definitely buy this lipstick again and again, love it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

@ $30 I bought this in 2010 color Violet(100) & the color is gorgeous a very pretty Bright Violet that brightens my face...& sadly enough that's the end of the good. This L/S is so DRYING I literally can feel the moisture escaping my lips & DESERT LIP sets in. Yes I used a lip balm BurtsBees & EOS & Its the same outcome. 1st & for now last D&G L/S. No I would not buy.

I bought the one in "Desert" . It is a beautiful brown color . What is surprisingly awesome about the classic lipstick is that it is not mat and flat . It is both saturated in color and a bit shiny which i absolutely adore. This combination is the pure perfection for me . The lipstick does not dry your lips but is rather pleasantly creamy and soft . A pure luxury and i LOVE LOVE LOVE THE GOLD PACKAGING . It lasts half a day and you have to re-apply but it is a pleasure to re-apply the gold packing is so inviting . I wish i bought more colors but no worries i will . Highly recommended .

on 12/16/2010 10:13:00 AM

I have this in shade 'Nude' and its a great staple to my rather small and select lippy collection!-I'm quite fussy when it comes to lip colour and texture, i usually buy the same colour and lippy over and over again! So the fact i even bought this says something for the product! The box packaging is typical D&G style-which i absolutely love (shiny black with shiny gold logo and gold inside) and the lipstick case is golden and beautiful! However, out of the selection of shades this is probably the only one i would go for. The product smells like a more perfumey more mature woman type thing (my mum loves it). But as far as nudes go this is my favourite nude lippy i've tried to date; it lasts well, looks sophicated (one to wear in the office), suits my fair NC15 skin and doesn't dry out my lips!
Possibly a little expensive (at 20quid) for 3.5g but I may repurchase.

on 12/6/2010 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

got this as a gift and i loveeeeeeeeee it!!!!! i have the Nude color and it looks amazing and stays on for hours.

I really love the color in these lipsticks, the actually lipstick stays on a good amount of time, and concentration of color is pretty good. I wear a gloss over it because it is a bit dry. It is a bit grainy as well. I do overall like the colors though alot.

on 10/22/2009 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I bought this lipstick in "Iconic", which is a classically bright "true red", with slight orange undertones. The color and consistency are fantastic..but the scent/taste....HORRIBLE!! It's actually intolerable to me. Even after wiping it off and brushing my teeth, I can't get the powdery, floral flavor to leave. It's literally the strongest scented lipstick I have ever come across. Sadly, I ordered "Dahlia" and "Devil" as well, which haven't arrived in the mail yet. Not excited for their arrival :(

on 10/20/2009 11:40:00 PM

Wow. That's all I feel like I can say at the moment.....ok, I'm back. What an incredibly gorgeous package, what enormous chic and elegance, what class and joie de vivre....what a disappointment. I bought Cashmere (I think I was one of the first on the planet--yes, the PLANET) because I couldn't get my hooks into this divine piece of cosmetic artistry fast enough. Well, damn. This lovely lip dried me out so much I nearly cried. Very, very drying formula, and so not worth the Scarlet hype. I wanted to love this, and maybe it's just me ( I know I have very sensitive lips) but I have spent my last on D&G lipstick. Maybe that gorgeous shadow quad will redeem the label....

Popular Lipsticks