August 29, 2014 | 997 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

I bought this moisturizer based on the reviews on here and had good expectations. I have combination skin, and this moisturizer provides no where near enough moisture for my normal-dry areas. However for oily skin, this product would be great. Although the moisturizer wasn't enough for me, it did not break me out like the SPF version of the Oil-Free line. Also, it was not greasy and was quite lightweight.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Kbarch

Love this so much. I don't find this makes my face any more oily than it already is. I have weird skin, dry patches with oil and some random acne. This doesn't break me out at all. Its a good summertime lotion but will need something more in the winter. I put this on at night and in the morning under my makeup. Will keep buying it and hope they never discontinue this product. Seriously recommend if you have combination skin that's also acne prone. I bought the healthy skin anti wrinkle cream with SPF to try. So will see how I like that compared to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by LipSlickPrincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried various types of moisturizers from many different brands, but have always found myself coming back to this one. When I first used it, I liked that it did not cause any breakout reaction. However, it did not mattify my oily skin, which lead me to believe that something better must be out there. After using other moisturizers specifically for mattifying skin, from brands such as Clinique, Nivea, and the Body Shop, and becoming disappointed with their results, I can conclude that this moisturizer is my best bet.
Personally, moisturizers with SPF always cause breakouts in my skin, so the fact that this one does not have it is a plus. Also, I tried the combination skin type moisturizer from this line and found it was not mattifying or better than this one. Overall, this is the best moisturizer I have tried so far with great value :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Ariemannaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What did not worked:

I have tried Shiseido Pureness line, Clinique and most recently Clarins Daily Energiser and Hydra Matte Line (of which caused me to break out like I have never before AND CAUSED DISCOLOURATION on my face. It's also too highly fragranced for my liking). All were for combination skin, but left my skin feeling quite dry and tight.

What worked:

My fiancee recommended Neutrogena Sensitive for my acne prone, combination skin with reddened areas on my cheeks. Surprisingly the lotion is light weight, non-greasy and sinks into the skin quite quick. I do not have an oily T-Zone anymore, which is great. None of the above lotions have ever controlled this before. One pump is all that is needed for the face and neck. I am definitely a fan of the twist lock nozzle for travelling purposes.

After two weeks, my acne has lessened and my skin tone is improving. My Fiancee and friends have noticed the glow and softness of my skin. The lotion also serves quite great under make up with, or without primer.

I would definitely recommend this product, which is reasonably priced. It has worked for me so far. I would buy this lotion again for the future, that is, until I need to switch to an anti-aging product with spf.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

So far I'm really liking this.

First about my skin: I am very acne prone. Most skin products cause me to break out or clog my pores. I have combination skin: Oily t-zone, oily cheeks, a slightly dry chin and normal skin elsewhere. Most liquid foundations sit on my skin as if it's dry (it isn't) and look cakey.

This moisturizer has been nice to me. No clogged pores, no extra sebaceous filaments, and it doesn't cause acne (I have it in some areas at the moment). I apply this about thirty minutes before I apply my makeup and my makeup looks great. It's not as cakey with this moisturizer compared to others. I wouldn't say it's super moisturizing but it gets the job done.

I'd recommend this as a daily moisturizer. Overall I like it and it seems to help my makeup glide on nicer than other moisturizers. The only "downside" to this stuff is that it doesn't contain SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by aliciamarie61592

I've never really used a moisturizer before since my skin never felt dry. Lately my skin has been drying out and feeling tight, so I gave this stuff a try. It's about $9 at Walmart and is well worth it. I used a Neutrogena foaming cleanser then applied this moisturizer after drying my skin. Instantly, my skin felt hydrated. My skin has never felt better ever since I started using this stuff. I've only used one other moisturizer in my life and it made my skin feel weighed down and greasy, which is why I am so impressed with Neutrogena's moisturizer. It is so light weight and my skin feels clean all day long, even with makeup on. I usually use a primer with my foundation, but I don't need it anymore since my makeup looks flawless when I use the moisturizer before applying the foundation. I've only been using this stuff for about 2 weeks and the condition of my skin has improved greatly. I would definitely recommend this moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by breaktheattraction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i've been quite fussy with the concept of moisturizer because my skin can be horrendously oily, and i didn't want to add to that. since i found out that anyone, with any skin type, needs to use moisturizer, i picked this up about a year ago and have been using it on and off for the previous twelve months, beginning with regular use about a month and a half ago.

the price of this was not too bad, so im just gonna get onto the product itself. this moisturizer is a white paste that is of medium thickness, which works well for my combination/oily skin. it sinks into the skin in less than a minute, makes my skin soft, and it's scent isn't too overpowering. the moisturizer makes my face makeup look nice and smooth when i neglect to use a primer, and it keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day without making me oily. i use about a nickle/dime size amount of this on my face after i tone my skin and it works well. the pump bottle is very convenient because 1. its a pump which is sweet and 2. you can lock the pump so it doesn't spill over everything if you take it somewhere with you.

while i do enjoy this moisturizer, it is very basic at that. i plan on finding a moitsurizer that has more acne fighting properties to cater to my pimples, blackheads, and occasional cystic acne. this also broke my out first time i used it, so because of that, and the fact that it doesn't help with acne at all, i am docking it a lippie. while i do think this is a good moisturizer for someone who's skin may be sensitive or dry (and who doesn't have bad acne), i will continue a search for a moisturizer that fights acne and hydrates my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Danielleox

Love this moisturiser! I have dry/acne prone skin, so its difficult to find the right moisturiser for my face. This moisturiser is amazing, it sets into my skin, it's moisturising, and leaves my skin soft and smooth. This moisturiser does not leave my face oily, or make my face feel heavy at all, feels like I am wearing nothing on my face. Affordable $13.00 and works great! No negative comments about this moisturiser. Will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by msieg807

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS STUFF! This is the only face lotion that doesn't make me break out. It has just the right amount of moisture for my sensitive, combination skin that is prone to cystic acne flare-ups. At night I apply a little extra and let it soak in; during the day I mix it with foundation to make my own tinted moisturizer. The pump makes it sanitary and you can't beat the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Stolz69

Love this stuff. I use it at night after washing my face with Neutrogena deep clean. Best combination I have found for my fussy skin. I use the extra gentle cleaners in the morning before I put my make up on.