December 19, 2014 | 1177 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by ameliah13402

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a moisturizer that had no SPF or scent and I found exactly what i was looking for. It is hydrating and doesn't cause breakouts, it evenly moisturizers my face and doesn't leave my face feeling oily as others can do. It works perfectly with the other neutrogena cleansers. I love the packaging as most moisturizers are in a tub but this one is in a squirt bottle which is more hygienic. Would defiantly buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay product nothing special

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Kimmacious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this for about four years now. My skin has been all over the place in that time, from dry to combination to oily, and this moisturized has worked well for me through all of it's conditions. This doesn't have SPF, which is a drawback for some, but it was exactly what I was looking for. No scent, doesn't cause breakouts, doesn't sting my sensitive skin--everything I needed in a moisturizer. It takes me 3 to 4 months to use a whole bottle, so it's well worth the $9-10 I pay for it. [Psst! The less expensive generic drugstore knock-offs of it aren't bad either ;)]

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Lorraine6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this Sensitive moisturizer for three weeks and my skin was clear and soft. My only complaint was that my skin seemed to get oily in the T-zone by mid-afternoon so I figured I would use the Sensitive one at night and the "Combination" moisturizer during the day. Wow, the Combination formula didn't work for my skin (bad breakout, rough skin) after two days. So, I'll go back to using the Sensitive one only, and will do half a pump as suggested by another reader.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by zigzagreviewers

Really good product, see my full in-depth review @

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Ariemannaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried Shiseido Pureness line, Clinique, Clarins Daily Energiser and Hydra Matte Line. All were for combination skin, but left my skin feeling quite dry and tight, even causing me to break out. Fed up with the results I was getting I switched to Neutrogena Oil Free Sensitive, which I've been on for about one month now.

Within the first week I noticed my acne was clearing up and my skin was soft and wonderfully hydrated. But then on two pumps there was a period where I had little bumps on my skin, as some MUA's have noticed too on use. In shock horror, I exfoliated two to three times a week and even contemplated switching moisturizers when there was no improvement.

I now use half a pump on my face, the other on my neck and the bumps have almost gone. In combination with Manuka Honey (Active +5) face wash twice daily, my skin tone is improving, my acne scars have faded slightly and my oily t-zone and acne breakouts are being controlled much better (than what Neutrogena Oil Free could do alone). I do get a SLIGHT sheen in summer only, but nothing my oil absorbing sheets can't fix.

Note: I do not use toner. I found it makes my face produce more oil as it was being stripped away by the toner(s) I used (even those that were alcohol free).

It has taken a lot of patience and it pays to stick to a moisturizer for at least three months upon switching, as your skin takes time to adjust to something new. I do like the results I see at present.

What I love is that the lotion is light weight, non-greasy (with half pump to the face) and sinks into the skin quite quick. I do prefer to apply on a slightly moist face to lock in the moisture and pat til dry. I find that it also serves quite great under make up with, or without primer.

I would definitely recommend this product for acne-prone, sensitive/combination skin peeps. Whether I would buy it again...I may if the results improve even more by my third month with Oxy5 in tow, otherwise I will switch to Aveeno Clear Complexion Moisturiser.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

I bought this moisturizer based on the reviews on here and had good expectations. I have combination skin, and this moisturizer provides no where near enough moisture for my normal-dry areas. However for oily skin, this product would be great. Although the moisturizer wasn't enough for me, it did not break me out like the SPF version of the Oil-Free line. Also, it was not greasy and was quite lightweight.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Kbarch

Love this so much. I don't find this makes my face any more oily than it already is. I have weird skin, dry patches with oil and some random acne. This doesn't break me out at all. Its a good summertime lotion but will need something more in the winter. I put this on at night and in the morning under my makeup. Will keep buying it and hope they never discontinue this product. Seriously recommend if you have combination skin that's also acne prone. I bought the healthy skin anti wrinkle cream with SPF to try. So will see how I like that compared to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by LipSlickPrincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried various types of moisturizers from many different brands, but have always found myself coming back to this one. When I first used it, I liked that it did not cause any breakout reaction. However, it did not mattify my oily skin, which lead me to believe that something better must be out there. After using other moisturizers specifically for mattifying skin, from brands such as Clinique, Nivea, and the Body Shop, and becoming disappointed with their results, I can conclude that this moisturizer is my best bet.
Personally, moisturizers with SPF always cause breakouts in my skin, so the fact that this one does not have it is a plus. Also, I tried the combination skin type moisturizer from this line and found it was not mattifying or better than this one. Overall, this is the best moisturizer I have tried so far with great value :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

So far I'm really liking this.

First about my skin: I am very acne prone. Most skin products cause me to break out or clog my pores. I have combination skin: Oily t-zone, oily cheeks, a slightly dry chin and normal skin elsewhere. Most liquid foundations sit on my skin as if it's dry (it isn't) and look cakey.

This moisturizer has been nice to me. No clogged pores, no extra sebaceous filaments, and it doesn't cause acne (I have it in some areas at the moment). I apply this about thirty minutes before I apply my makeup and my makeup looks great. It's not as cakey with this moisturizer compared to others. I wouldn't say it's super moisturizing but it gets the job done.

I'd recommend this as a daily moisturizer. Overall I like it and it seems to help my makeup glide on nicer than other moisturizers. The only "downside" to this stuff is that it doesn't contain SPF.