October 21, 2014 | 1649 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay eyeliner in Black Brown

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this eye liner for around $6.99. What sold me on this product is the fact that it was much more affordable than the other eye liners that were displayed. As the saying goes 'you get what you pay for' and in this case it is very true. When first putting it feels and looks great. I like to create a cat eye effect and usually extend my eye liner out a little bit and then connect it to open up my eyes. For the first hour my makeup looks great but halfway through the day the eye liner is drooping off my face and underneath my eyes. After this eye liner runs out i will not buy another one. Will look at forums for any suggestions for other brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love brown eyeliners. This one is perfect. Not too dark nor too light. I also own "blackberry", which is my fave alternative for a black eyeliner. Pencil is automatic and doesn't tug on your waterline. Lasting power is ok but I don't mind reapplying. Def would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by hovanyir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up this eye liner after a long debate with myself because I truly liked the one I was currently using. I did my make up using Revlon colorstay eye liner in blackbrown at 6am. I did my regular routine, foundation, shadow, eye liner, mascara etc. went to work, got home, cooked dinner, did dishes, took daughter to dance. At 10pm when I looked in the mirror to take my face off,my make up looked exactly like it did in the morning. My eye liner stayed all day, even on my waterline!!! Applying it was easy, no tugging, smooth and creamy. The color is beautiful, dark enough but less harsh than black. All I used was my regular makeup remover to wash it off and it came off very easily. I've already loved Revlon, another great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ashleyliu615

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i like this product but it's not perfect. it stays true to it's major claim (stays on for at least 16 hours ) but there's still some things i don't like. It does stay on pretty well most of the time as long as you don't cry, sweat, have watery eyes, or are humid weather conditions; in those cases it only stays on for MAYBE 4 hours. then it starts to smudge and smear. for me, i usually alternate between this and liquid linear (sometimes i use both by putting this on and then the liquid) and i like the natural look of the liquid much better. but to sum up my review. this product is pretty good :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

this is my first and best eyeliner! its sorta waterproof becdause even after i cleanse my makeup, some still stays and it sorta makes my eyes look better but still natural

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: yes, as I feared, there is NOT much product here. I HATE swivel pencils. Regardless of the brand, they all share this deplorable fault. I bought it little more than a month ago, I don't wear it every day, and I've already ran out it. I will continue to buy it because the color and wearability are superb. But the amount of product is ridiculous. Even for the price they charge ($8 at my local Walgreens).

Finally! An eyeliner that lives up to its name. This is TRULY a black brown color. After trying many liners (HE and DS) that claimed to be that shade, and ended up being not so, I was reaching exasperation point. I decided to try this and was rewarded. The color as I said is spot on. The staying power is excellent. I wore it alone yesterday, to 'road-test' it and it lasted till I took it off at night. Today I put it on my L'Oreal Infallible Shadow, Bronzed Taupe (if I could give an ES the Nobel prize, it would go to this one). It smudged on perfectly w/o smudging to nothing, like some EL annoyingly do. It is now 5:30 and my eye makeup looks just applied. No fading, no smudging (the bad kind). Even the line on my lower lids is still intact. Goes on soft and creamy, but not too emollient. And the sharpener works divinely.

If I had to find a flaw in this, I would say the package. I'm a bit wary of swivel up pencils because they usually last much less than wooden pencils (Clinique's quickliner comes to mind). However, since I just started using this, and since I don't wear MU every day now that I'm retired, that is more a concern, so far. I'll keep you posted.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Seannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is great for everyday use. The pigmentation is alright. This eyeliner really does stay put all day which is a big plus for me. I like that it is a twist up but i hate the sharpener that comes with it. It just doesn't work! I like the rest of the tube since it is really nice and sleek. I probably will not be repurchasing since I have found brown eyeliners that I prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by beddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been the best eyeliner ive tried ever since i first started wearing makeup. it is long lasting on your waterline and the color is a perfect shade of dark but not too dark like the black and not as light as the brown. I am pale so black eyeliner looks too goth-like on my eyes but this color is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this color for everyday wear when black is too much. Also love the sharpener.
It lasts all day and doesn't smudge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This particular color looked a little weird on me. The quality of the eyeliner is great, though. It doesn't glide on very smooth but it has good staying power.