Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire

3.4

on 5/16/2015 3:33:00 AM

Sweet, fruity/floral/spicy/cherry scent. It has a slight heaviness to it, almost but not quite musky. Very feminine and sophisticated. I like this a lot more than Escada's Cherry in the Air.
This is one of my favorite fragrances, and I have repurchased it many times. My only complaint is that the lasting power isn't the best, so four lippies instead of five.
I will continue to buy it in the future!

on 5/14/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have tried the Petite Robe Noire EDT, EDP and Couture so far.

The EDT is light and springy, reminds me of candied roses and fresh cherries. Yes, it is sweet but not sugary.

The EDP is denser/sweeter with candied cherries, licorice and slightly powdery base. Quite along the lines of Lolita Lempicka but not as complex. Could be a flanker of it.

Couture is heavy on the raspberry, with a patch neo-chypre base.

All of them smell distinctively ''pink'' and are clearly formulated to attract younger customers. I find them all pleasant but honestly they are just a notch above the average designer scent and not really worth the Guerlain name.

on 1/7/2015 11:35:00 PM

This eau de parfum is a nice blend of black cherry and leather. At first sniff, I didn't know how I felt about it. Repeatedly trying it made me realize I did love it, once it's on my skin and set. To some it may be too sweet and people have said it smells like artificial cherry syrup. It's definitely cherry and sweet, and so girly and long lasting. 2 sprays will linger on your skin for hours.

on 12/20/2014 1:55:00 AM

Ew! Smells like cherry flavoured cough syrup ew!

on 12/15/2014 10:44:00 AM

This perfume is so easy and uplifting! Sometimes this is all we need or want. It's sweet but not cloying, and fun. The notes are red fruit, patchouli and something like cotton candy, I like the red fruit the best, for it reminds me of black cherry, which I adore.
It really is a happy perfume.
I didn't give it a five star for it's not a masterpiece perfume, but rather an easy to like one.
Posterior note: I ended up giving it a five star because I developed an intense love and dependancy on this fragrance and I did not see that coming! But it just makes me happy. Thank you Guerlain.

on 10/5/2014 9:25:00 AM

Sickly sweet and too young for me (and I'm only 23!) not a well-made perfume and too expensive for the quality of the perfume itself.

on 10/5/2014 8:38:00 AM

This is definitely a cherry/berry perfume, make no mistake about it. I do not get the comparison to Lolita Lempicka. Although the cherry/berry is prominent, it smells more of a cough syrup or Nyquil rather than food. LPRN is a mish-mash of notes, smells a bit like you went to the department store and tried everything on. It is deeper, darker and more mature than most berry scents and is most suitable for winter. One spray is enough and this scent is probably not for work. I enjoy it, but when the bottle is gone, I would not repurchase.

on 9/17/2014 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't really like the original LPRN Eau de Parfum, I thought the cherry was too dark and the licorice too strong.
At Sephora I noticed they had a different bottle for this Guerlain fragrance, very cute, transparent and pink, turned out to be the new Eau de Toilette, tried it, loved it right away. It's uplifting, fun, airy, light yet has its own personality, it's young but not too girly.

on 5/1/2014 11:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Let me tell you about one my fave fragrances:
I got a sample of this a few years ago at Sephora. When I first sniffed it I thought it smelled old ladyish and like nothing that I would wear. When it settled on me, I noticed I kept smelling my wrist and loved the way it smelled to my surprise. It works very well during the fall/winter months! I then went and purchased the 30ml of this. The bottle is elegant and very classy.
Every woman needs a mature sophisticated scent and for me, this is IT. It is a very heavy scent so you only need one little spritz and thatís enough because the scent just kind of wraps around you. Itís nothing I wear to work very often because of this. Itís a special scent and something I wear once in a while; mostly when going out in the evening or if I have something special to go to during the day. Itís mostly a scent you wear when dressing up and going out.
This scent lasts and lasts. Itís expensive but because it lasts you wonít need to reapply it throughout the day. The scent is very complex to describe. Itís floral on first spritz and quite musky. Then once it dries down I get a berry scent creeping in like blackberries/raspberries maybe. It is feminine and very womanly with an air of mystery to it.
Itís also a scent I havenít smelled every other woman wearing which makes it more unique. If you are thinking of buying this, give it a while to settle on your skin because it smells really different than when you first spray it on.

on 4/7/2014 8:57:00 AM

I bought this perfume (the EDT) after smelling it on a colleague. Every time she passes by, I adored the smell. I don't get the same sensation when I wear it myself, it definitely suits her skin better than mine and this is not my favourite perfume. I use it to alternate my signature smell (Chloe Love), when I feel like a change. Still like it, but on me it smells quite cheap considering its Guerlain. Would definitely recommend trying this on for a few days before purchasing. It's amazing and sophisticated on my friend, smells good on me too but without that wow effect. Nice for a change, but wouldn't purchase again.

I got the bodylotion from my boss who is allergic to perfume and therefore only sprays it on clothing, cant bear it on her skin. I totally adore the bodylotion and think it smells better than the perfume. I'd probably not buy a second bottle once I run out, because it's a gorgeous smell but doesn't do it on my skin. Would definitely buy the bodylotion again though!

Popular Fragrances