October 31, 2014 | 902 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - La Petite Robe Noire

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by daisydaisys

Sickly sweet and too young for me (and I'm only 23!) not a well-made perfume and too expensive for the quality of the perfume itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by mhubbard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is definitely a cherry/berry perfume, make no mistake about it. I do not get the comparison to Lolita Lempicka. Although the cherry/berry is prominent, it smells more of a cough syrup or Nyquil rather than food. LPRN is a mish-mash of notes, smells a bit like you went to the department store and tried everything on. It is deeper, darker and more mature than most berry scents and is most suitable for winter. One spray is enough and this scent is probably not for work. I enjoy it, but when the bottle is gone, I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by willowlady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't really like the original LPRN Eau de Parfum, I thought the cherry was too dark and the licorice too strong.
At Sephora I noticed they had a different bottle for this Guerlain fragrance, very cute, transparent and pink, turned out to be the new Eau de Toilette, tried it, loved it right away. It's uplifting, fun, airy, light yet has its own personality, it's young but not too girly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me tell you about one my fave fragrances:
I got a sample of this a few years ago at Sephora. When I first sniffed it I thought it smelled old ladyish and like nothing that I would wear. When it settled on me, I noticed I kept smelling my wrist and loved the way it smelled to my surprise. It works very well during the fall/winter months! I then went and purchased the 30ml of this. The bottle is elegant and very classy.
Every woman needs a mature sophisticated scent and for me, this is IT. It is a very heavy scent so you only need one little spritz and thatís enough because the scent just kind of wraps around you. Itís nothing I wear to work very often because of this. Itís a special scent and something I wear once in a while; mostly when going out in the evening or if I have something special to go to during the day. Itís mostly a scent you wear when dressing up and going out.
This scent lasts and lasts. Itís expensive but because it lasts you wonít need to reapply it throughout the day. The scent is very complex to describe. Itís floral on first spritz and quite musky. Then once it dries down I get a berry scent creeping in like blackberries/raspberries maybe. It is feminine and very womanly with an air of mystery to it.
Itís also a scent I havenít smelled every other woman wearing which makes it more unique. If you are thinking of buying this, give it a while to settle on your skin because it smells really different than when you first spray it on.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Kofte

I bought this perfume (the EDT) after smelling it on a colleague. Every time she passes by, I adored the smell. I don't get the same sensation when I wear it myself, it definitely suits her skin better than mine and this is not my favourite perfume. I use it to alternate my signature smell (Chloe Love), when I feel like a change. Still like it, but on me it smells quite cheap considering its Guerlain. Would definitely recommend trying this on for a few days before purchasing. It's amazing and sophisticated on my friend, smells good on me too but without that wow effect. Nice for a change, but wouldn't purchase again.

I got the bodylotion from my boss who is allergic to perfume and therefore only sprays it on clothing, cant bear it on her skin. I totally adore the bodylotion and think it smells better than the perfume. I'd probably not buy a second bottle once I run out, because it's a gorgeous smell but doesn't do it on my skin. Would definitely buy the bodylotion again though!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I definitely get the black cherry. Sitting on top of what smells like a bazillion designer fragrances mixed in a vat.
It's strong and longlasting.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Kimber7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice scent but it reminds me so much of Lolita Lempicka purple bottle. The licorice notes are prominent in both. I think La Petite Robe Noir is easier to wear and softer but very similar for sure. If you don't like Lolita pass on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Malika1380

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think reviewing perfumes is generally not fair as it's not like skincare where it either works or it doesn't it's a simple case of if you like it or don't and perfume is so personal to the individual that really only you are the one that can say if you think it's nice or not. no amount of reading these reviews is gonna change that so I'm just writing this little note to say if you like what you read about it than go check it out and smell it for yourself. Personally I love it and think it's totally gorgeous :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by akharri785

For Guerlain, I'm very disappointed in this perfume.
To me, it smells a little too mature and not very sophisticated. Honestly, I thought it just smelled really cheap and heavy (read: powdery, amber-y, and cloying). As another reviewer mentioned, this is very strong and could definitely be "headache inducing for some." I also didn't pick up on any hints of cherry, almond, or other fruity scent at all; so much so that I double checked the bottle to see if it was the right perfume.

If you do like it, as another reviewer said, I'd recommend it as a "winter scent." I would also go light on this because it gets heavy in a hurry. It did have major staying power though. So much so that even after I attempted to wash it off, a friend still asked "who smells like grandma?" Not pleasant.

On the bright side, at least the bottle is adorable; would look great on anyone's perfume tray if the scent suites you.

Since everyone's chemistry is different, I would strongly recommend sampling this before purchasing it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the interesting notes they listed (top: black cherry, bergamot, red berries, and almond. middle: Bulgarian and Turkish rose, licorice, and smoked black tea. base: aniseed, tonka bean, vanilla, iris, and patchouli) it smells more like a typical fruity mall perfume than anything else. It really lacks interest and character. The overall impression is sweet, fruity, and vapid. A disappointing offering from such a great perfume house.