July 30, 2014 | 2164 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Cream Eyeshadow (duo): Butter Pecan

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by SarahhBolt

I actually quite like this. Two gorgeous shimmery shades with a little sparkle. The darker colour is stunning in the crease and adds depth to the eyes. The lighter colour is not very pigmented though and could be possibly used to enhance the tear duct/ highlight the brow bone? I like it though, I want more colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by MMDLS

Im kinda dissapointed :| but what can i expect for a dollar! The colors are gorgeous but they barely show up on me, and crease pretty quickly. U WILL need to use a primer. A good thing is that it looks more natural than powders, on my opinion. But, there is only a little bit of product, but whatever. Its ok.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is one of e.l.f.'s nicer cream eyeshadow duos, what they all have in common is that they crease, sometimes even with a primer (although using even the one dollar e.l.f. primer seems to improve its lasting power). It's a lot creamier than e.l.f.'s cream eyeshadow from the studio line but this one stays creamy even after it's applied on the lids which probably makes it crease faster. It's still nice to use under eyeshadows. The two colors are a brown and a brownish orange, both pretty useful for everyday wear. I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm giving this a three just for now because I'm reviewing this based on initial impressions. I've seen this cream shadow for the longest time but somehow, a voice inside of me kept telling me to lay off with the ELF cream products because having hooded eyes, they're sure to crease in no time. But for some reason, I always swatch them on my hand everytime I come across the ELF counter. So today I finally gave in a bought this particular color since among all of the ones they had, this one reminded me the most of my favorite MAC paint pots, Rubenesque and Indianwood. I know that this costs way, way, way cheaper than the two paint pots, so comparing them with the higher end products won't do them justice. I keep this two in one product inside my bag despite the fact that when I applied this on my lids with a cream shadow brush, it creased in no time. I have yet to apply this with a base or use this as a base for my powder shadows but I'm crossing my fingers that it works on me, especially since I really love the colors on my skintone. If not, I've heard that this also works as a really good blush-highlight-contour duo, which would be great as well.

EDIT:
I just wore these shadows from 9am-6pm today topped with powder shadows but without any primer. I would say I give it props since it made my shadows last longer and more pigmented, however, it did have minimal creasing, which can be eliminated with a bit of touch up. I'm sure it'll perform well when I layer it with primer next time!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Passionfruit82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Creme shadows creases on my lids,but I decided to give it a try,this stuff is best as a under brow highlighter and a primer for powder eyeshadows.I got this in Sugar Cookie,it's light gold and light peachy pink.It goes on mostly like a slightly golden and white sheen.To use these shadows alone,they need to be much more pigmented,the basically show up the same even on light skin.Berry Mix is light lilac and dark plum/purple in the pan.The lilac shows up as white but the purple is pretty pigmented and matte.The purple shows up,but it's difficult to get the color nice and even.I'd use this as a base for other purple powder eyeshadow.I did use this as a primer today,and it lasted through 2 hours of dancing and another 2 hours,impressing!This makes the powder shadows brighter and for a primer it works.I think it shows up too little even for a highlighter,but for a primer it's worth the money.Disappointed over the bad color payoff,the light colors all show up the same

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by luxlover79

This makes a good alternative to using eye primer on the lids. As with most cream shadows, they tend to crease. If u use this as ur base before applying powder eyeshadow, great results! I have a couple of this pots and I match the cream colors to my other powder shadows. The colors of powder shadows pop when applied over this cream base. I actually get more depth in colors than when using eyelid primer alone. This duo makes a perfect base for bronzy look. I also like applying reddish colors on this to create a deeper, more dramatic color. I played with it using as eyeliner too, it will smudge for sure but if u apply very close to the lash line, it's less chances that it will rub on ur creases. Price is unbeatable for its functions on my me :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Kaipiroska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this one and Mocha Swirl duos, but for me, they are just plain useless. They will crease on me, regardless of what I do. I use UDPP under, trying setting them with powder, shadows, nothing works. I do however have pretty oily eyelids and kind of hooded eyes, so I guess that's the reason why while so many others like them, these shadows are just not for me. Colors are nice thought, and shows good on my pale (nw15) skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is too greasy and slippery on my lids, and I used it over a primer, It slid off my eyelids the moment I put it on. I ended up dusting a powder eyeshadow over it, bummer! Anyway, I recently tried the studio version of the cream eyeshadows, Now those are move bang for your 3 bucks!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by AshleyLovesMakeupx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For a dollar and sometimes even less when it's on sale, I can't really complain, I guess. A little goes a long way, as it is pigmented, and it goes on very smoothly. My only gripe about this cream shadow is that it is runny. However, it does enhance the color of my eye shadow and make it last longer, so I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THESE DUOS! Ok but let me start by saying that i have normal to dry lids so i think that people with oilier lids may not like these but 4 me, i luv em! I have all available shades and this one may be my fav. It has two shades, 1 lighter shade, some say a mac rubenesque paint pot dupe, more in color than texture, its a pinky gold tone, absolutely gorgeous. The other shade being a milk chocolate brown. I love these duos. How i use em is applyin my elf eyelid or mineral primer than swipe my finger into pinky gold & apply a very thin layer of this onto lid area. If u apply too much it will def. Crease on you and ur shadow will disappear sooner than later. Then i take a teeny bit of the brown shade and tap on my outer v area and blend into crease slightly to start to build up a darker tone. I then go onto do my eye makeup with powder shadows. This way, my shadows pop and stand out and stay on for a long time. I also use the brown shade on lid and blend into crease, i do this 4 when i want to wear a darker color, this helps my dark powder shadows stand out and stay longer. Im telling u, for $1, these are amazing 4 me. The lighter shades make awesome brow h/ls and can be used as cream h/l on cheekbones, nose cupid bow and brow. They have many diff shades and make a diff in my cheaper shadows, theyre esp great 4 mineral or loose shadows. I got them all and def will repurchase all of them, 4 sure! Can be used as bases, on their own or as cream highlighters on the face! Great 4 me, i just wish theyd come out with new colors, but i love the ones they have! I love e.l.f.!