July 31, 2014 | 2033 users online

Bronzers - Alima - Satin Matte Bronzer in Trinidad

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I agree with the previous reviewer--excellent product. Also like her I also don't use this as a bronzer but to add dimension to my face where the sun naturally hits it and to add depth/contour. I definitely appreciate that this bronzer has no shimmer *at all*, which is incredibly hard to find. A staple, and will buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After three years of trying bronzers, I think I've hit on one that I can live with. I removed one point because I would prefer a pressed version of this - loose powders are just too messy in my opinion. That said, Trinidad is perfect for when I'm tanned (MAC NC42). My biggest discovery about this shade was the fact that it has practically zero shimmer - I don't need it. I already have enough gold hue in my skin tone. This shade just makes me look healthy and naturally darker in certain areas of my face. It adds dimension, but only slightly and it just what I need for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MY SKIN/FOUNDATION: I wear a Beige 5 in the satin matte mineral foundation (which I love), so my skin is about a medium-deep with no yellow undertones (in other words, I'm pretty much a pure brown-skinned lady). My skin is combination oily with a very oily T-zone.

HOW I APPLIED: I use an old Bare Escentuals brush from the "starter" kit. This is actually excellent for bronzer. It's wide but fluffy and tapers, so you get a more precise application. I follow the bronzer technique that MakeupByTiffanyD uses - you can find the tutorial on YouTube

THE RESULT: Alima does it again! I am soooo in love!! I have always had a problem with bronzers making my skin look dirty or orange. Although this first scared me because it looks rather dark in the jar, it goes on beautifully. It blends like a dream - no streaking here! At the same time it stays put where you place it (a previous problem I had with bronzers is that they would spread out all over my face; making it look unnatural). I got the freshly-tanned glow that I thought was impossible for my skin tone. I gave up on wearing bronzer for a long time until I bought a sample of this (about $1 on the website, and $15 for a full size of 0.6 oz or 5g) and now I can't live without it! 5 stars for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Paulinecheyram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is a very deep brown tan color, and it works for me, only because im a medium tanned asian. I love how it enhances my tan and I just use this to set my foundation. The pricing is good since this lasts foreverrr! You could also use this as a deep bronzy blush!