Avon Ideal Shade Cream to Powder Foundation SPF 15

2.9

Active Ingredients: OCTINOXATE 6.32% TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.16 Other Ingredients: PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE DIISOPROPYL DIMER DILINOLEATE MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE NYLON-12 CETYL RICINOLEATE HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES SILICA TRIBEHENIN GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) FRUIT EXTRACT LONICERA JAPONICA (HONEYSUCKLE) FLOWER EXTRACT PUNICA GRANATUM EXTRACT POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE ETHYLENE/METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE WATER/EAU ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE LECITHIN KAOLIN LAURYL PCA ZINC PCA C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE SODIUM PCA GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) LIPIDS HYDROGENATED LECITHIN HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM HYALURONATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE RETINYL PALMITATE ARGININE GLYCINE PROLINE XANTHAN GUM ASCORBYL PALMITATE BETA-CAROTENE TOCOPHEROL PROPYLPARABEN ETHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN May Contain: TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA IRON OXIDES BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE

on 4/27/2014 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I didn't like this product at all. I think it's not suitable for dry skin. it accentuates dry patches. will not be repurchasing

on 3/8/2014 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product! I have been using it for 2 years. The product is not heavy and creates a natural finish.

on 3/4/2014 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a pretty nice Cream-To-Powder foundation, but it's also my first Cream-To-Powder foundation as well. I have been using this foundation on and off quite a bit. I always use a liquid foundation but decided to try something new. It's a light to medium coverage foundation.

Pros

- Offer my shade for my skin tone (which is hard to find, bought the shade "Spice Almond")
- Doesn't make my face oily (may be because I have normal skin, neither dry or oily)
- Stays on for a good amount of time (Applied at 8:00am and now it is 4:00pm and still looks great)
- Doesn't set into fine lines

Cons

- Smells bad (goes away after applied)

So all in all, I would recommend this product and buy it again. I still prefer my liquid foundation but this foundation does the job.

on 9/6/2013 4:58:00 PM

I got this on offer in shade "creamy natural". Packaging not bad. It is very greasy however, and may be better applied with finger tips and then "smoothed over" with the sponge provided, slightly dampened. Otherwise, I found that after an hour, my face just looked greasy!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ugh this is horrible! I bought this on offer as I heard cream to powder foundations were more suited to oily skin. Definately not this one! I bought this in the lightest colour ivory, which was miles to dark for my pale skin and made me look orange. It highlighted pores, felt greasy and looked greasy too. Within half hour my face was that shiny and oily to the point where I wiped it off while I was out... Not impressed at all! Thank god I bought this while it was on offer!!

on 10/29/2012 5:12:00 AM

I bought this product hoping to find something simple for under my eyes so that I'd no longer need powder.
Pros:
-It goes on smoothly and evenly
-Lasts for about 8 hours but only if it's set with powder
Cons:
-Has an oily feel and look to it
-Transfers easily
-Sets in creases or wrinkles
-Caused me to break out a bit
-It's a medium coverage but was a bit too light for my dark circles which aren't that dark
-Needed to be set with a powder
-A bit too yellow even though I ordered the lightest
Overall I was disappointed with this foundation and will continue to search for a liquid to powder that's waterproof and works.

on 10/10/2012 3:41:00 PM

I bought this on offer at £5.25, and on first use I wasn't sure. I ordered in Nude, and it's a touch too dark for my fair skin. First application was without primer, and I didn't set it with powder. It was lovely coverage, but quite shiny.
I decided to give it another go, and applied light moisturiser (as it's drying), then primer, then the foundation with a foundation brush, and lastly powder to set. I LOVE IT.
It now lasts all day, it gives me full coverage, a nice dewy look and I'll be ordering again when it's on offer again as it will only last me, a heavy user, about a month. It's normally £12.50, and with a wage I would buy full price no probs, it's much nicer than the Bobbi Brown and Elizabeth Arden cream-to-powders I have used before.

on 9/11/2012 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Color reviewed: Nude

I have been using this for about two months now and it is entirely possible it is HG for me (though I've said that before, so I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop).

I usually use powder foundation (Palladio) but am always looking for a cream-to-powder to give my skin less of a dull finish than the straight powder does.
This is the first Avon product I've ever tried, and I just guessed when I ordered the shade online. I am usually second from the lightest in Revlon, so I did the same here and luckily, it worked out. The color leans to the yellow side, just slightly, and matches my skin very well. It may be a perfect match, really.

The finish is natural, and definitely not matte; it's actually quite dewy. The dewiness can make it look a little bit too "sweaty" in the summer, but it looks really nice when it's not so hot out.

The reason I'm not entirely sure the shade is a perfect match is because the foundation blends so well and so little is needed that it's sort of hard to see the color at all once you've put it on (a good thing). Coverage is light to medium - my freckles still show, yay! It leaves my skin looking like skin, and feels very light on. I don't apply powder to set, but I do wear a powder bronzer over the top. Wait a few minutes to apply a bronzer if you're going to do the same, so the makeup can set a bit.

I have worn this foundation starting at 5:30 in the morning all the way until 9:30 at night without it fading, melting or oxidizing. I am really pleased with the lasting power of this; very little touch up needed, just a blotting sheet on my oily spots (chin). I also love the built in SPF, even if 15 is a little on the low side (it's better than nothing).
The packaging is bulky but looks nice. The cost - at $11 - is very reasonable, especially for the high-end quality of this foundation. Plus there are often sales or coupon codes to get it for less.
Provided it continues to perform so well and doesn't make my skin break out, I will continue to use this, and probably purchase more from Avon in the future based on this experience.

on 8/30/2012 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This foundation is pretty average. It gives a light coverage, not quite enough for my usual preference but still ok for days when I want a more natural look. The finish is a bit dewy, also not my usual preference but I can live with it. I think it's quite thick for the light coverage it provides so its easy to put on too much foundation if you're trying to increase coverage. You're better off applying a light coat and staying with light coverage. The color selection is very good but tough to get an exact match from a catalogue if you're buying for the first time. A nice surprise about this was that I can use it under my eyes as a light concealer too, with very little creasing. If you prefer a medium to heavier matte coverage, don't go for this. But if you want a light, dewy coverage, this might be worth a try.

on 6/28/2012 3:40:00 AM

I barely got this product yesterday and wore it today. I still don't know exactly how I feel about it... I did notice that it didn't make my face look oily, and it did last. It also does give medium coverage and I'm sure that if you build it up it would give full coverage. However, you have to be careful with the shade you get because I think I may have gotten a shade lighter and I feel that it does make my face look a bit cakey... but other than that so far so good. I will update after a few more days of use, just to give a more accurate review.

Popular Crème Foundations