October 2, 2014 | 985 users online

Treatments - Vicks- VapoRub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

A few weeks ago, I noticed all ten toes were a pale yellow color. Yep, toenail fungus. First time in my life with a nail fungus. This winter has been very wet and my new "snow boots" weren't snow or waterproof! After shoveling and being outside day after day, I would come in with soaked feet. So, I did some research and many souces say Vicks Vaporub works wonders for toenail fungus. I've only been using this for two days and have seen a very noticeable difference in the health of my toenails. Before bed, I apply hydrogen peroxide with a cottonball to the toenails. Next, I liberally rub Vicks Vaporub on all toenails, toes and the bottoms of my feet and put on socks. By morning, my feet are super smooth and after only two days, all but two toes now range from pale yellow to off white and white. It does take months to effectively clear toenail fungus so I will continue to do this simple at home treatment for a few months and update with new results. So far, so good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Lovelee_79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Around my mid to late twenties I began to develop adult cystic acne on a face that was pretty problem free and flawless. I went on to battle several years of scarring and just the embarrassment of these nodules on my face affecting my self-esteem. I began seeing an aesthetician every month for a year, which helped but not how I would've hoped. In 2012, while at a follow up appointment with a dermatologist on an unrelated condition, I asked him about my skin in desperation. Without even rising from his seat to examine my face, he diagnosed me with mild acne, a result mostly from clogged pores (I'm am oily skin girl with large pores). He prescribed Finacea gel, which is typically for patients with rosacea, but has proven helpful for African Americans with my condition. I've been using it for nearly a year and it has helped IMMENSELY, however it was no cure all. (getting to the point) After more research, suddenly I ran into all these posts on Vicks, and though nervous at the idea of compounding the clogging, I gave it a go. The key for me has been to apply AS SOON AS I start to feel that raised puffy tender spot, usually indicative of a below surface problem, I swab a bit of Vicks on the spot and rub it in a little before bed. The next day, the spot has reduced in size and the pain has subsided. This has successfully worked for me 3 - 4 times in the past month, so decided to share to help someone else. Now, let me close this by saying, this isn't ALL I do - my skin care regimen is stringent and crucial. But I won't bore you all with the details of battling acne and hyperpigmentation while trying to maintain healthy, glowing skin that can take me to Walmart with a makeup free face... I've always worn makeup, but I will say I've begun receiving compliments on my skin again, and it's done wonders for my confidence. So if any of you are serious about your skin and you'd like to know the rest, you're more than welcome to send me an email and I tell you what's worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by toikii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a disgusting outbreak of fever blisters and I'd never had them before. Cold sores - yes - but never fever blisters. At first I had no idea what they were so I just kind of let them do their thing for a few days until I realized it was getting out of control, so I googled like a madwoman and figured out what was happening. I was reading online about every possible remedy for them and came across a forum that had 26 pages of posts raving about the use of Vicks Vaporub on cold sores and fever blisters. So I ran out and got some. I have to say, this was amazing - not only did it make the pain subside, but it really helped heal my blistery mess quickly and I noticed a couple of other small blisters starting to form and this nipped them in the bud. It really dried everything out. This is my new go-to when I see a cold sore or blister start up. Yay Vicks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by lilywolf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just a quick review, partly just a reminder to myself, I'll come back later.

I am starting to experience mild-medium hormonal acne breakouts, and I was desperate to find a quick solution for some new pimples. I read some good reviews about Vick Vaporub, and though it sounded strange, I was just using it for common cold, so I tried it last night, and, long story short: it works. Yes. The three nasty medium sized pimples on my cheek dried down overnight to little, raised scabs. I will give them another night of treatment, and I guess they will be gone.

VV is full with antibacterial goodies, eucalyptus, thyme. If you are not afraid of putting paraffin on your face, I absolutely recommend to try it on pimples.

Other than this, it a miracle product for cold, it saved many nights of sleep. I always keep a jar handy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is for the equate version...which is no different...just cheaper. This may sound gross but if you have hemerroids or skin tags left over from them, vaporub will make them vanish within a couple of days. Just a couple coats to the area, a couple times a day, everyday. Miracle.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by bekahh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products I have used since before I can remember, literally. My parents used to make me use it if I had a cold when I was little haha, but I hated the smell. I still use it these days when I have a cold, I can tolerate the smell now, in fact I actually kind of like it! Just rub a tiny little bit into the skin under your nose to clear it, after a night or two it will go completely back to normal. I don't use it for anything else, but I'm sure you could use it on little bites or scratches or something. Clears blocked noses perfectly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by thevnilly

I had a few small lip-colored bumps on my upper lip after using what I assume was a dirty old germy tube of Aquaphor my husband had lying around in his car. They weren't noticeable, but were driving me crazy. I swiped the area with hydrogen peroxide, then slathered Vaporub on my lips and went to bed. After the first night I noticed the bumps were smaller and more dried up. Repeat this 2 more nights and the bumps were gone! I'm still using the Vaporub on my lips because I love the feel and the sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by kperr073

I love this product! I use it obviously when I have colds...but also on my stretchmarks to make them appear lighter!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by gugy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

About the fungus on the toe... my mom has it too and the doctor told her to use vaporub on her affected toe nails. So far i have seen a change. I lost count of the months since she started, but they do look better =).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by canmorg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use Vicks Vapo Rub to take the itch out of mosquito bites, works like a charm. Just rub in a small amount on the bite and right away the itch is gone, this remedy was passed down from my grandmother.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No