July 25, 2014 | 1970 users online

Skincare - Body - Palmer's - Skin Therapy Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by lykeomgah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this oil! I have tan skin that marks extremely easily so I replaced my facial moisturizer with this about a month (?) ago....I like it because it helps get rid of post acne marks. It does get greasy if you use a lot though. Also: the first week of using this instead of my moisturizer my skin got really flaky but it went back to normal. As of now definitely an HG product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Dani0518

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had new stretch marks on my legs and was desperate to get them off this stuff worked great also made my legs look great, soft, glowy, and faded scars too. I used it twice a day for less than a month cant see them at all now. If you are too busy or lazy to make your own oil or haven't wanted to try bio oil (which worked well for me as well) this is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by susie03

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this body oil. It has a dry oil feel and a delicious warm sweet smell. I'm actually surprised I like the smell so much as I'm not usually keen on anything 'foody' I don't really like he smell of the traditional cocoa butter lotion but just love this. I find it super easy to use, my bottle has a pump. It spreads and soaks in super quickly and I can pull on my skinny jeans almost immediately. Now whether it reduces the appearance of stretch marks and scars is up for debate. My skin certainly looks better and more toned once I've applied this but that is more to do with the sheen catching the light and the fact that my dehydrated skin is nicely moisturised. I find this hydration lasts longer with this oil than most creams and lotions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I used this product to avoid stretch marks on my chest before a breast augmentation. I went up about two cup sizes b to d and dont have one stretch mark. This product would be good for pregnancy as well. The key is to use it before the skin starts to expand. This is what we call a holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Olivialk

This oil is the best! I started using it about a month ago and I still have loads left considering I use it everyday;it isn't at all greasy(like bio oil) so you can put it on your face and it soaks in right away and makes your skin feel so soft and hydrated. I haven't used it for stretch marks so I can't comment. The packaging is so great too, it comes with a pump which pumps the exact amount you need to cover your face. it's so cheap, smells nice and overall. Id recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by NicolePrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I swear by this. It really DOES WORK. You have to be patient and use for more than a month or less for results, every individual is different depending for what you are using it for. Nothing will help over night no matter if they claim to do so, patience is virtue remember. I fell off my bike and had a huge scab on face and afterwards peeled off and left a pink big mark on my left cheek, it was a nightmare having to deal with this can you imagine? One say you have beautiful skin and next you have a scar ? I tried everything and I mean everything from lasers (which is so bad for your skin) to chemical peels and microdermbrasions and recently retinol.. I could never be assertive with anyone or look them in the eye and felt so ugly and like a monster.. It's been a year and the redness went away with time but have mild red discolorations and I have had this palmers skin therapy oil for 3 months and used it once due to me being impatient I decided to give it another go and it's been a week and has tone up my scar! I exfoliate once a week and apply this and does a great job with toning and evening out skin tone and scars (not deep dented ones) I am very satisfied and will continue to use for more results :) if only I have put this on my face a year ago it would have saved me from my night mat and embarrassment. Also I started having pimples that become scars and that's never happened to me but applying this has help majorly fade my acne scars.. You must give a try and not expect results in a week or two maybe for some you might but you must be patient and all the waiting will be pay off! I will keep an update on how my scar is looking a month from now! :D so pleased. Something that works finally.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by addikted

Good if used consistently..consistently..consistently..

Feels oily but applies like a dry oil, sinks in nicely and evenly. Not too messy.
I bought mine when it had the useless twist off lid and I see now it's got a pump pack, which is so much more sensible.

Applies nice and light, non greasy feeling and adds a subtle sheen to skin.
Repeated use leaves skin nicely moisturised and balanced.

I have not used this consistently enough to report it's ability to reduce scarring and stretch marks, but I believe most products with some sort of oil base, be it almond oil, vitamin e etc, will help these things with time. It is not a miracle product by any means, at least not IMO.

Good for legs in summer to help lock in fake tan and nice instead of sticky moisturizer in summer. I generally like to let this sink in and dry before I let my skin touch clothes or sheets so I'm not sure if it stains or marks fabric.

Not too bad for the price, it lasts a long time as use only little bit at a time. Might have to pull this out if the drawer and give it some consistent use and see if it helps with stretch marks and scars. I know it does work nicely to boost moisture in the skin generally and feels quite nice to use. I don't like my hands feeling oily, even though it's the dry oil feel, I still need to wash my hands afterwards unless I'm going to bed in which case I just let it sink into my hands, which does make them look nicer I must say.
Packaging is boring, the pump would help but with normal lid is a hassle and tricky as the plastic bottle can tip over with a big opening, it's only plastic so it's not exactly weighted down well. The pump would help and probably would get me using it more often..though I doubt illl repurchse, I will probably just use sweet almond oil instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Whitelighter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's not greasy suitable to use even during summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by ahornby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this a week ago after a friend from work told me she had been using it and it had worked wonders on her. I have tried so many different products, some prescribed by doctors, others just over the counter at my local drugstore and I've even ordered products online to get rid of my acne scars and red marks. None of them have worked quite as fast as this one. It's been 6 days of using this two times a day and my skin has smoothed out and the red marks are already fading! I have combination skin and my skin is no longer flaky and not as dry/oily it's evened out so much! I would highly highly recommend this product it's super affordable only like 5 dollars at Shoppers and it's a pump bottle so you can dispense the right amount each time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Reality9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this oil and at first was repelled by how strong the smell was, then, after half an hour I realised I really, really liked the fragrance in the oil (It's the same fragrance as the lotion, only stronger). I was looking to purchase some but found it to be quite expensive from Boots and I don't trust these online sellers. When the perfumes I have now run out I might not buy another perfume and actually buy this instead and use it as a perfume.
I've read that the smell wears off, but I don't remember that happening, I found it to be lovely. I normally find Palmer's lotion to smell a bit cheap and not as rich as genuine cocoa-butter but this oil was gorgeous. Would definitely buy a bottle of it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No