Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil

4.4

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance (Parfum), Rosa Canina Seed Extract

on 6/22/2015 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've tried to jump on the oil bandwagon for a while now but most of the ones I have tried didn't work out for me. Jose Maran Argan Oil clogged my pores and was extremely expensive, the Fresh Seaberry oil gave me a really bazaar rash. My mom who is in her 50s started using this as her moisturizer (she has mature/dry skin). I was slightly hesitant to use it but she told me to give it a go since it's very inexpensive and she loved it herself. I myself have oily/combo skin that is quite sensitive and acne prone. I washed and toned my face like usual and I used a nickel sized amount of my normal moisturizer (Clinique Dramatically different moisturizing gel) and then mixed in one pump of this oil in and rubbed it on my face. I can usually tell right away when my skin dislikes something because I will get itchy and red, after a few minutes I realized that hadn't happened so I went to bed. I loved that it wasn't really greasy or sticky, it didn't leave any residue or stains on my pillow. I woke up the next morning and my skin was SO soft! Softer than usual and just felt plump and had a beautiful glow about it. I continued to use this and around the 2-3 week mark I noticed that a lot of my acne scars and marks had faded about 80%. After about a month of using this product I can say my acne scars have seriously faded, my skin is moisturized and I feel like my skin bounces back from damage a lot easier. When I break out I feel like they heal better and faster. Most of my acne is hormone caused so I didn't expect this to stop my acne and it didn't but it definitely helps the healing process. The smell is also very nice, not too strong. The texture isn't too oily or greasy, it absorbs into the skin very nicely. I haven't been brave enough to use this during the day under my makeup because my skin can be on the oily side but for a night time treat this is ideal! I found my bottle for 5 bucks at Walgreens, far cry from the Josie maran oil which is 96 dollars for half the amount. On top of all that, this oil hasn't clogged my pores or broken me out. No bad reactions whatsoever. I am so happy with this product and pleasantly surprised. This is the only oil that has ever done anything for my skin!

TLDR:
-fast absorbing, non-greasy texture. no residue/stains on pillows or bed sheets.
-great for acne scars, wrickles or dry skin.
-nice smell, not too strong.
-found at walgreens, Walmart, cvs, any drugstore.
-prices vary but usually around the $5-$7 dollar mark.
-also great as a hair treatment!
-no bad reactions and didn't clog my pores.
-great packaging. easy pump bottle.

on 5/29/2015 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

So far I'm really happy with this product, I use it on my face, even around my eyes which are prone to getting very dry with fine lines. It absorbs quickly which is great. If I am wearing either primer or foundation that's for dry skin however (I use Maybelline's dream touch fluid foundation) it can leave me feeling a little greasy at the end of putting all my makeup on but usually a setting powder takes away that feeling and leaves my makeup looking smooth.
It's been great at leaving my typically dry spots feeling wonderful and smooth, and does not cause me to instantaneously break out like other moisturisers tend to. I pair it with Palmers daily facial lotion if I need an instant moisture boost during the winter periods.

on 4/8/2015 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

As much as I love most Palmers products, I'm not hugely impressed with their oil formulations. I use this every other day on my body because it's light and absorbs very easily, but I bought specifically for post-shaving thinking it would be more moisturising. I don't find its enough after shaving legs, but it is pleasant to mix with heavier creams (like nivea) for that purpose, and a decent replacement for body lotion post-shower, especially because it sinks into damp skin beautifully. It's smell is light compared to other products in the line. Can also be used on face which I do occasionally for a moisture boost, but better reserve for night because it can leave facial skin a bit greasy and hard to apply makeup over.

on 3/22/2015 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

decent moisture, but stretchmarks arent effected. they are caused far beneath the skins surface.
"Applying topical products such as plant oils or cocoa butter, Mederma (which didn't show results on scars beyond plain Vaseline,) or any skin-care product promising to prevent, reduce or eliminate stretch marks doesn't work, and there is no research showing otherwise."
"The depth of stretch marks —far below the skin's surface—and the extreme strain, stress, and trauma needed to break down the skin's support structure, is damage beyond the reparative or preventative capability of any moisturizer or oil."
beyond the claims palmers made for that use, if you like the scent, you likely like the oil.

on 3/22/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this product! With the Vitamin E cocoa butter formula from Palmer's, those are two of my favourite skin care products. I love them! This one is moisturizing, not oily, smells perfect and is really hydrating. As far as fading strech marks goes, I haven't seen any improvements but I will continue to use it anyway :)

on 1/18/2015 9:43:00 PM

Love this stuff. I get bumpy / dry upper arm skin and I use this before bed. have the one with a pump and it is waaaaay better with a pump than with the other dispenser which is too messy. I buy this again and again and again.

on 1/18/2015 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. It moisturizes but does not feel greasy. I feel silky smooth after using it. It does have a chocolate smell which isn't my first choice but it's not strong. I just started using this so I am not sure about fading scars/stretch marks but can tell you the texture and moisturizing ability is fantastic. Bought at CVS for buy one get one half off, $17 for two. Not bad at all.

Great product! Inexpensive, beautifully moisturizing, NOT OILY. Absorbs quickly, so it can be used during the day. Love it.

on 12/10/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this before bed time on a clean face and damp skin while massaging it all over face and neck it works amazing, once it dries off I use night cream over it. Skin looks amazing and glows next day

on 11/18/2014 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Very good moisturizer; locks moisture in if used while skin is damp. It has a light cocoa butter fragrance which I tend to enjoy. I also mix it with body creams/lotions and massage into skin. I found at Ulta for Buy 1, Get 1 50% off. BTW a little goes a long way so def worth the money. The oil absorbs rather quickly on my dryness-prone skin.

Popular Body Skincare Products