November 27, 2014 | 1478 users online

Conditioner - Hair Rules - Quench Ultra Rich Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the trial size kit from Hair Rules for wavy hair. In the kit was this conditioner. It is paired with their daily cleansing cream shampoo. This is the only conditioner I've tried that I don't need a ton of detangling spray afterwards just to get the comb in my hair after my shower. Anyone who has baby fine wavy hair knows what a nightmare it is to just detangle your wet hair and this stuff is really amazing. Excellent slip. I will keep using this line b/c it seems to be working for me, even though it seems to be a bit pricey, plus I don't lose a ton of hair during/after my shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Rida

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a smooth creamy conditioner. It smells really good, helps detangle and gives a good amount of moisture and slip. I like it alot.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I say no to cyclopentasiloxane (non-water-soluble silicone) in my hair products. This conditioner lists cyclo as the 2nd ingredient! No thanks.

I might consider giving Curly Whip a try since the silicone it contains (PEG-12 dimethicone) is water-soluble. Price isn't very cheap though.... I'll see if Ricky's or Essentials has any testers available to try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Quench Ultra Rich Conditioner is geared toward textured hair (wavy, curly, kinky). My hair is curly AA, and I used this immediately after I used the line's Aloe Grapefruit Clarifying Shampoo. After I applied it, I used a wide tooth shower comb to evenly distribute it and left it on for about 5 minutes. I like for my hair to have a bit of a "slip" after I condition it, and didn't really find a noticeable one with Quench, but I think it did what it's supposed to do. I will have to use it some more to solidify my opinion, though.

The Hair Rules line of hair products specializes in "hair care and styling solutions for a multi-textural world", according to their website. Catering to those with wavy, curly and kinky hair textures (or combinations thereof), I decided to try something for my curly AA hair. I was very impressed by all the info presented on their site, so I bit and ordered the Curly Hair Travel Kit. The kit contains 2 oz. versions of their Daily Cleansing Cream Moisturizing No Suds Shampoo, Aloe Grapefruit Purifying Shampoo, Quench Ultra Rich Conditioner and two bottles of Curly Whip (I've done reviews on the Quench and Curly Whip as well).