April 18, 2014 | 1748 users online

Scrubs - 100 Percent Pure - Organic Tangerine Butter Body Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by three_black_cats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I expected this to be just your average ordinary scrub. Not so! This is more like a butter than a scrub... once you're wet and have soaked for a bit, scoop a bit of this out of the container and buff yourself with the perfect mix of body butters and mildly rough-stuff to get your skin looking lovely. Yes, there are citrus peels in there, and you do have to clean out the tub a bit when you're done. But with how lovely it makes my skin feel, that's no big deal. It made the little keratosis pilaris bumps on the backs of my arms almost completely go away after two or three uses.

The smell is lovely. Citrus-y, very tangerine, but mild enough that I could use whatever lotion or fragrance I wanted once I'd patted myself dry. And after patting myself dry, my skin was still so soft and moisturized. The only drawback is that it's a bit pricey, but with all natural ingredients and the results I get, it just might be worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Does this sound yummy or what? I expected wonderful-smelling, thoroughly exfoliated skin. Well, not quite. This is a "butter" body scrub from 100% Pure, and it's much more buttery than scrubby--it's a soft solid, like a thick body cream. I like a scrubby scrub, and this isn't it. Also, there are large pieces of tangerine peel in the mix, which are soaked with oil and just floppy, and do absolutely nothing to exfoliate--they just end up on your shower walls and floor and have to be rinsed away (yuck.) And finally, the scent isn't as strong or natural as those of the regular 100% Pure scrubs--I find it has just a mild citrus-y smell. If you like a mildly exfoliating scrub or have sensitive skin and don't mind rinsing chunks of peel down the drain, you may like this. If not, get one of the other excellent body scrubs 100% Pure makes. I will not repurchase.