November 28, 2014 | 908 users online

Masks - Merlot - Natural Grapeseed Purifying Peel-Off Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by KBEGLEY0416

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because it was on clearance at Walgreens. I knew that it was roughly 10 to 15 dollars. Figured I would try it out. i have acne prone skin...and visible pores... oh and oily. Totally not impressed with it whatsoever. fun to peel off thats about it...Will never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I have really made it a habit of reading reviews on here before making a beauty purchase; on this product, I clearly forgot. Everything disparaging on this review board said about this product is true. It is SO difficult to get this mask off (I usually give up, and end up massaging it off with a warm wet cloth). It doesn't minimize acne or pores. It didn't make my skin feel clean and tight, nor moisturized and supple, nor any other combination of traits that most masks produce. It was simply a pain to take off for no results whatsoever. I am doubly disappointed in that this was pricey for a drugstore mask. If I'm going to buy a drugstore mask, I will usually go for a Freeman mask because I have had good results with them and they are so affordable; only trouble is, my drugstores usually only have one or two kinds, and then sometimes only in the sample packs. My skin is going through a weird dryspell thanks to our consistant below zero temps here the past few weeks, so I have been looking for a gently moisturizing mask. This was clearly not it. I've tried this a few times now, and it's not even worth the frustration. I will be giving it away.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by HoneyRoast

Try it if you must or if you have blemishes. Otherwise, I would maybe suggest something else... something more effective. It was very hard to peel and it kept coming out in little pieces.
I think the reason why was I just applied a thin consistency...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this a long time ago when I felt I needed to rid my skin of little unflattering bumps. I like peel off masks because they're fun to well... peel off.

I used this mask for about one or two weeks and I broke out in cystic acne all over my cheeks. It was awful and took forever for it to go away. Since then, I've been extremely meticulous of skincare products that could break me out. Stay away from this product like the plague.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by abmg1208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this during a random visit to CVS, I'm have high standards for masks and this definitely was a good mask. It goes on easily and peels off easily after about 20 to 25 minutes. I do suggest putting on a thin to medium layer, if you put on a thick layer it will never dry. It doesn't make your skin feel tight after you rinse it off, it leaves your skin supple and hydrated. I'd recommend this and I'd also repurchase it, although I like trying other masks as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by bonnieblueberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's on okay mask I guess. Don't expect anything special. It does what any cleansing mask is supposed to do - it cleanses. If you have large pores and/or blackheads, I would say you won't be impressed with the results of this one because although it leaves your skin feeling clean and soft, and your pores look smaller, you somehow feel that it doesn't clean your face deep enough. People with enlarged pores, blackheads look for something more potent in a mask. People with dry/sensitive skin might like it because it's gentle.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by roentgen

I bought this product instead of the grape seed mask by Queen Helene, thinking that it would be better...Boy, was I wrong! I applied the mask and left it on for 15 minutes then took it off and went to bed. I woke up the next morning with the absolute worst reaction-- red face like a tomato and tiny bumps ALL OVER my face, along with tightness and itching.

I do not recommend this mask at all. It's been three days and I'm still hoping my face will clear up and won't be permanently damaged. I had pretty good skin before I tried this mask. I advise against anyone buying it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Smells a little bit like grapes (but mostly alcohol.) Works okay, I guess.

CONS: I tried it. Was not impressed at all. Not any better than any other peel-off mask. Maybe they've changed the formula since I've tried it cause it's been a long time, but I doubt it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by alaintrain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

There was a buy one get one for merlot products some time back. I love the moisturizer and the girl at walgreens suggested this so I got it. I've about 2/3 way through this. It's ok. Pretty color, fun, smells nice. Did not do anything for my skin except pick up some dead skin cells. Not anything drastic. Will use up but not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by missmoobear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Although I'd agree that this product makes your face soft after use (and not one of those WOW soft...just soft), that's all it will do - and compared to other masks that can achieve the same results, I just don't think this is worth the price( approx.$15 at Walgreens).

This product is very sensitive to the skin - it doesn't have that tingle or stinging that other masks have; however, it has a very strong smell that isn't exactly pleasing (kinda like a cleaning product + glue). You'll also have to work a little bit quicker with this product because it gets pretty hard to spread after a few seconds.When fully applied all over the face, itt dries in about 10minutes for me...no longer than 15minutes and peels in large chunks, so that's pretty nice.

Unfortunately though, did not "purify" my skin. It didn't "eliminate blackheads and impurities, [or] minimize [the] appearance of pores". For $15 dollars, I suggest you try other products that works better than this one. Although I don't hate this product, I was definitely not impressed.