MAC Lustre Drops - Pink Rebel

on 6/12/2015 12:52:00 PM

For me the pink colour is too much to use as anything else than a glowy blush. I'll apply a tiny amount on the apples of me cheeks and blend it in gently into my bronzer. I absolutely love it, but as I said; as a glowy blush.

on 3/18/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Have not tried mixing this with my foundation yet. But it looks lovely when applied on top of your foundation. Just a shame that it seems to vanish after only 1 hour. :(

Very subtle highlighter for me! Gives my face a "dewy look" when I mix it with my studio fix foundation NC20

on 1/22/2013 11:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I tried using these as an alternative to Benefit High Beam. But I don't get the kind of shine that I get from High Beam, even when using more product. Also, I find that this product disturbs my make up more than High Beam when I apply it. So this may work for some people looking for something extremely subtle, but I prefer High Beam (in case you couldn't tell lol).

on 8/18/2012 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

At first I was surprised by just how small the bottle is-it's tiny. I was expecting it to be much bigger. Howver the product itself is great! I'm a big fan of highlighters! I like both powder and liquid form and this is probably my favourite liquid if not favourite highlighter. It's very buildable and doesn't disrupt makeup underneath. It blends in with make up as opposed to sitting on top of it. Perfect for me!!

on 5/29/2012 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Got mine at the CCO, and I'm glad I bought it. Winter time I like to blend it into my foundation, summer time I use it alone w/o foundation. In the hot & humid southern summer here, I just use maybe a dime size amount and apply to my entire face and follow with MAC MSF Light. Gives a bit of a "natural" glow without looking like you're wearing makeup. I never could use it as strictly a highlighter, it just looks so obvious on me, even with a lot of blending. I like the packaging, you can just squeeze out the exact amount you need -- when you get to the bottom you can cut open the nozzle and get the last bit out. If you can find this at your CCO, buy it, you will not regret it.

on 12/19/2011 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in pink rebel, the colour is pretty and the shimmer isn't so glittery (very finely milled, which I love) and the product looks good when I mix it with foundation. my problem was that when I applied it directly to my cheekbone (as a strog highlight) it would displace my makeup and move it all over my face:( I would end up with streaks of foundation on my cheek- not pretty! I tried applying it under foundation but the effect isn't the same:( this isn't a bad product, but I would repurchase because I feel there are better ones out there.. hope this helps!

on 12/15/2011 11:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This review is for MAC Lustre Drops in Sun Rush- a golden/ light bronze color. I love this liquid bronzer for days! I mix it with my tinted moisturizer for a sexy soft bronzey look. I also place Sun Rush on my cheek bones and collar bones as a highlight. I also use Gleam by Illamasqua. I love liquid highlighters.

on 11/19/2011 6:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I am nc 30-35. Usually fall into the medium range of light/medium/dark ranges. I got this in pink rebel and while it doesnt show up as colour on my skin it gives a really nice glow. I dont use it often, i will probably never have to repurchase, but I really like it. I like how its packaged because you can squeeze out a very little amount too. It is a subtle look, not obvious highlighter look, at least on me .

on 9/24/2011 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this at a CCO. It looks fine, gives my cheekbones a pinky shimmer, and I don't break out from it but I need to use quite a lot of it for it to show up.

I like it but wouldn't buy it again as I've had better luck with powder highlighers