November 27, 2014 | 1540 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lancome - Bienfait Multi-Vital Eye SPF 28

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I wasn't crazy about this at first, but it has grown on me. It sits well under my makeup and helps with disgusing those dark circles due to seasonal allergies. Its reassuring to know that it has spf 28 in it and its an extra step of protection against UV damage around my eyes. Its not irritate my eyes, and I wear contacts! Its alittle shiny but it dissapears once my makeup is on. Its also fragrance free unlike most of Lancomes product line (which i'm not a fan of).

Overall, its decent and hasn't caused any issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by abfabjack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite daytime eye cream! It makes my eye area bright, moisturized, and protected! I have used this eye cream for years and it's my hands down favorite. The SPF is an added bonus. You definitely want to use something without an SPF for the evening but this is perfect for the daytime under makeup or alone. This is Lancome's best line of products and I hope they never discontinue it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the rare products that I honestly had to throw into the trash before I had used it all. The white cast from this never sank in or dried down like it does with other sunscreens. It was also not very moisturising and seemed to make the area look WORSE (very dry and crepey even though I don't have any wrinkles in that area). These effects were so bad they were not even coverable with makeup. Never buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Well I live in the boonies now with Lancome, Clinique and Estee Lauder (both use a lot of soy which I'm allergic to) as my choices of department store cosmetics. With those choices I've been on a real Lancome kick lately and I don't regret going back to this line after many years. Chalk it up to my age or availability or both, I don't care; I've found some great products for my skin that I don't mind spending a ton for and they are so generous with samples that I am now a brand loyalist. (They even sent me 6 full size lipsticks for my birthday--who else does that?)

Pros: This is moisturizing and luminizing. It has SPF 28 from octinoxate and titanium dioxide. It does go on a tad whitish but that morphs into illuminating in minutes and really helps minimize my dark circles. Non-irritating on my very sensitive eyes. Kind of expensive, around 30 bucks for 0.5 oz but a little goes a long way.

Cons: It can crease but I just let it absorb and then press with my fingers to make creases disappear. I may have to do that more than once until it fully absorbs.

Ingredients from the box: Octinoxate (7.5%), Titanium Dioxide (5%), Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Nylon-12, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Methylsilanol/Silicate Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Chloride, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Mica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Caffeine, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Aspartate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polycaprolactone, Dimethiconol, Panthenol, Zinc Gluconate, Propylene Carbonate, Copper Gluconate, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Disodium Edta, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Aluminum Tristearate, Alumina, Diazolidinyl Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by PanPan70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Do. Not. Want. I don't understand how this product is getting any good reviews at all. It's very, very thick and leaves a visible whiteness on the skin upon application. That's from the titanium dioxide in the sunscreen and I expected it but the whiteness never seems to sink in like some other sunscreens I've used (mac prep and prime). If used on the eyelid this creases like crazy leaving you look like a reverse Edie Sedgwick. If used under the eye the results are even worse. Towards the end of the day I noticed that the sunscreen particles had migrated towards fine lines under my eyes leaving the skin looking crepey and old. I threw this product away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by SayoonaraSadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good moisturizing eye cream, I love that it has a SPF 28 great protection for the delicate area. As another reviewer mentioned it does leave a white cast on initial application however does fade away after the skin has fully absorbed it. I don't believe this helps with my dark circles but it is very moisturizng. I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion over this and have no troubles at all, this also makes my liquid liner glide smoothly over my lids with great ease! Only complaint is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by SuperAmandaRocks

Fantastic! Fabulous!! Lancome had the first ever spf for the eye area that I can recall so they really know how to formulate one. This is fantastic for the side of the face and outer eye are that the sunglasses might not cover. It has a really smooth coverage and does not sting.It feels like a luxury eye cream which it is. Hopefully they will NEVER reformulate this or discontinue. Well worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by meriellyn

I didn't see any previous reviews for this SPF 28 version of the Benfait Eye sunscreen/moisturizer

The active ingredients are octinoxate 7.5% and titanium dioxide 5%.
I wanted to list the inactives as well but I can't find the box now.

I've been using this for a few months now. Overall, it's pretty good. Best SPF eye cream I've tried thus far. Isn't super moisturizing but isn't drying either. Has a slight whitening effect upon application but 1) if you're having trouble with dark circles, it really just brightens that up, and 2) it does fade after a little bit. It's also easily covered with a smidge of makeup. Make-up does apply and wear fine over it. Primer does as well. I don't usually wear makeup during the day, nor to I usually have dark circles (they happen on occasion) but I find this very wearable and don't end up looking weird or anything, especially once it's been on for a little bit.

I have sensitive eyes but don't find this irritating.
I haven't had problems with milia.

Generally, this is decent stuff. Pretty basic. Nothing to write home about but does the trick. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it but I do believe it was pricy for me... $30-something. I'm on the look-out for something cheaper and/or with more beneficial ingredients, but for now it's fine. If I couldn't find anything else by the time I finish this tube (and it should last for a good while longer), I would repurchase.

I also like that it is easy to find and doesn't have to be ordered online.