October 2, 2014 | 1103 users online

Sunscreen - La Roche Posay - Anthelios SPF 30 AC Fluid Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by CristineF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Yay! I've finally got my hands on a LRP sunscreen! I love this brand and have many products from them but this is my first sunscreen. LRP is most praised for its sunscreens hence the excitement.

I've been using it for a month now and so far the only complaint is the smell. In rest this sunscreen is pretty damn perfect, it does not dry or break me out. No irritations or reactions so far - something i used to get a lot from other sunscreens as my skin is extremely sensitive

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by Sethrin

I'm fair and acne prone with combo skin.
This left me chalky white and with a nice yellow glow to my teeth.
I would defninitely not buy this again, tiny little bottle, not cheap and hard to reapply.
Actually forget about reapplying it alltogether and forget about applying make-up over it.
If you work in a circus and run out of your clown make-up, this is a good product to have on hand. Only bought it because I thought it was cruelty-free, but it's not. Very disappointed, but luckily the elta md works great for me - no white cast, not sticky or pasty. I'm baffled about the mixed reviews on it since I think it's perfect. And they don't do animal testing. Win!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by agatka7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Background skin info: pale (n10-15 in mac terms, freckles), clog-prone, dehydrated, oily skin.
This ss has a thin, silicon-ey texture; it never sets on my skin, just leaves a greasy-looking layer, that seems to slide off very easily. It also dehydrated my skin severely; when I tried to layer it over a light moisturizer (LRP toleriane ultra), the ss balled up and could not be applied evenly. I tried to make it work for about 2 months, on and off; now, to finish it up (it does seem to offer decent protection, despite the formula's downfalls) I'm using it for my neck/hands.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Ildsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got recommended this at the pharmacy because I have very sensitive skin. My skin reacted badly to it, it's super drying and it makes my skin itch in an alarming way. Besides it really didn't absorb so there's white patches all over.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by lookwithin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LRP Anthelios AC 30 Extreme Fluid was my go to everyday sunscreen for years (I use Anthelios XL 50+ for outdoor activities). The SPF 30 version was matte, not too whitening, and had good UVA/UVB protection with its SPF30 PPD19 rating.

However today that's all changed after I received my refill order. There's been a huge change in its formula as the sunscreen now makes my face look too white and chalky. They changed the formula of this sunscreen so it now has what they call call Mexoplex which is Mexoryl SX, Mexoryl XL, and Tinosorb S. I can appreciate if they improved the sunscreen protection in it but I can't go around looking like a ghost either. I'll try to use it with some tint to see if that helps. Needless to say I won't be buying this again. There goes my holy grail sunscreen.

Additional info: I'm in the USA, I purchased this sunscreen from pharmamundi in July 2013.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by mafalda14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this about a month now and so far, I can say that I am very impressed.
I have combination skin which is getting drier with age. Even though I live in a sunny country and have dark spots from the sun, I used to avoid sunscreens for every day and preferred moisturisers with SPF because sunscreens broke me out. In the past I had worn sunscreen from Avene and more receintly s Clinique's City Block SPF 35 but I did get the occasional spot and they, especially the latter, felt heavy.
Well, not this one. It goes on liquid-y and matte - in fact, it gives a white case but after 2 or 3 minutes this is gone. I don't use any moisturiser underneath as I don't feel it dries my skin out (yet). More importantly, I wore it during a very sunny holiday and my skin did not even begin to tan - to me this means it gives excellent coverage. Further, I've had no breaks out so far.
The price is reasonable and I will definitely repurchase. I'm not giving it 5 lippies as I want to give it another 2 months for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by AeraMarS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the first la roche posay product that let me down !!! It is the worst sunscreen i have ever bought... I have dry skin but I always choose sunscreens for oily skin because I want a matt finish and light texture.. Anyway.... This made my face RED and irritated and except that... It absorbed all or my oil and turned my skin super dry..!!! It even gave me new dry patches that I didn't know I had!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible product for me. I have dry, flakey, rosacean, sensitive, reactive, acne-prone skin with lots of fine lines. This made my skin look the worst it has looked in years. It's my own fault for buying something that's made for oily skin, but I usually do fine with sunscreens for oily skin. This stuff emphasizes every flake and wrinkle, it balls up terribly, it makes me dry and itchy all day, and it looks ghosty. And it's not cheap. Awful! I did have a good buying experience from Pharmamundi on Amazon. Got it quickly and it's clearly not old product (expires 7/2015) - other than that, this was a major fail. Wish I could return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by anni7bzz

I really like this product,spf 30 is great for spring, for summer I use higher spf. I mix my regular moisture cream with this spf and apply it on my face, it works best for me that way. When I put this spf alone it is little bit white, and if there are some dry areas it doesn't but when I mix it with moisture cream it looks great. Price is little bit expensive but it is a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

amazing! very matte on your skin unlike most if not all SS that causes that oily look. doesn't have a hindering ugly smell and in pics, the white cast is barely noticeable for me!

overall, good product. i live in the desert and sun screen is an absolute MUST as the sun is always blazing away. after i started using this, i noticed my skin tanned a lot less and was also just overall healthier and glowier. i like it tons!

i have sensitive skin and A LOT of sunscreen has just given me horrible break outs. this has not!

will repurchase.