La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 30 AC Fluid Extreme

3.6

INGREDIENTS FROM THE BOX: Aqua/Water, Isododecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Alcohol Dentat., Cyclohexasiloxane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Octocrylene, Titanium Dioxide, Isocetyl Stearate, Glycerin, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine (Tinosorb S), Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dodecene, Drometrizole Trisiloxane (Mexoryl XL), Ethylhexyl Triazone, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol, Poloxamer 407, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Propylene Carbonate, Terephthalylidene Dicamphor Sulfonic Acid, Tocopherol, Triethanolamine.

on 1/8/2015 1:31:00 AM

I would try it again! Listen to my story: it has changed formula within the past year or so : / have used this religiously as my primary moisturizer (after serum) for the past decade, with brilliant results. Within the past year, I have been developing rashes & strange dry spots. Went to dermatologist. She suggested my symptoms were related to new LrP I resisted. Changed my diet. Stopped all facial products except the sunblock. Finally stopped my beloved LaRoche Posay. And my skin is better. Breaks my heart.

on 11/28/2014 8:08:00 PM

This brand was recommended by Dr Amy Wechsler in her book The Mind-Beauty Connection, so I decided to try it. I can't see what makes it so great, and sunscreens that are half the price (e.g. Neutrogena) do as good a job. This made my face look white as a ghost, so for that reason I can't use it as my everyday face shield. Overpriced in my opinion.

on 6/12/2014 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Yay! I've finally got my hands on a LRP sunscreen! I love this brand and have many products from them but this is my first sunscreen. LRP is most praised for its sunscreens hence the excitement.

I've been using it for a month now and so far the only complaint is the smell. In rest this sunscreen is pretty damn perfect, it does not dry or break me out. No irritations or reactions so far - something i used to get a lot from other sunscreens as my skin is extremely sensitive

on 9/27/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Background skin info: pale (n10-15 in mac terms, freckles), clog-prone, dehydrated, oily skin.
This ss has a thin, silicon-ey texture; it never sets on my skin, just leaves a greasy-looking layer, that seems to slide off very easily. It also dehydrated my skin severely; when I tried to layer it over a light moisturizer (LRP toleriane ultra), the ss balled up and could not be applied evenly. I tried to make it work for about 2 months, on and off; now, to finish it up (it does seem to offer decent protection, despite the formula's downfalls) I'm using it for my neck/hands.

on 7/25/2013 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Got recommended this at the pharmacy because I have very sensitive skin. My skin reacted badly to it, it's super drying and it makes my skin itch in an alarming way. Besides it really didn't absorb so there's white patches all over.

on 7/9/2013 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

LRP Anthelios AC 30 Extreme Fluid was my go to everyday sunscreen for years (I use Anthelios XL 50+ for outdoor activities). The SPF 30 version was matte, not too whitening, and had good UVA/UVB protection with its SPF30 PPD19 rating.

However today that's all changed after I received my refill order. There's been a huge change in its formula as the sunscreen now makes my face look too white and chalky. They changed the formula of this sunscreen so it now has what they call call Mexoplex which is Mexoryl SX, Mexoryl XL, and Tinosorb S. I can appreciate if they improved the sunscreen protection in it but I can't go around looking like a ghost either. I'll try to use it with some tint to see if that helps. Needless to say I won't be buying this again. There goes my holy grail sunscreen.

Additional info: I'm in the USA, I purchased this sunscreen from pharmamundi in July 2013.

on 5/18/2013 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this about a month now and so far, I can say that I am very impressed.
I have combination skin which is getting drier with age. Even though I live in a sunny country and have dark spots from the sun, I used to avoid sunscreens for every day and preferred moisturisers with SPF because sunscreens broke me out. In the past I had worn sunscreen from Avene and more receintly s Clinique's City Block SPF 35 but I did get the occasional spot and they, especially the latter, felt heavy.
Well, not this one. It goes on liquid-y and matte - in fact, it gives a white case but after 2 or 3 minutes this is gone. I don't use any moisturiser underneath as I don't feel it dries my skin out (yet). More importantly, I wore it during a very sunny holiday and my skin did not even begin to tan - to me this means it gives excellent coverage. Further, I've had no breaks out so far.
The price is reasonable and I will definitely repurchase. I'm not giving it 5 lippies as I want to give it another 2 months for that.

on 5/6/2013 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is the first la roche posay product that let me down !!! It is the worst sunscreen i have ever bought... I have dry skin but I always choose sunscreens for oily skin because I want a matt finish and light texture.. Anyway.... This made my face RED and irritated and except that... It absorbed all or my oil and turned my skin super dry..!!! It even gave me new dry patches that I didn't know I had!!!

on 4/22/2013 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Horrible product for me. I have dry, flakey, rosacean, sensitive, reactive, acne-prone skin with lots of fine lines. This made my skin look the worst it has looked in years. It's my own fault for buying something that's made for oily skin, but I usually do fine with sunscreens for oily skin. This stuff emphasizes every flake and wrinkle, it balls up terribly, it makes me dry and itchy all day, and it looks ghosty. And it's not cheap. Awful! I did have a good buying experience from Pharmamundi on Amazon. Got it quickly and it's clearly not old product (expires 7/2015) - other than that, this was a major fail. Wish I could return it.

on 4/10/2013 1:32:00 PM

I really like this product,spf 30 is great for spring, for summer I use higher spf. I mix my regular moisture cream with this spf and apply it on my face, it works best for me that way. When I put this spf alone it is little bit white, and if there are some dry areas it doesn't but when I mix it with moisture cream it looks great. Price is little bit expensive but it is a good product.