September 23, 2014 | 957 users online

Lip Gloss - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Kiss & Stay Lipgloss in Hot Flash

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by innapark

I have always used long-lasting lip color for work because I can't be bothered. The brands I've used over the years never last the entire day. My latest was Almay in 'honey' (a muted bronze). They have a limited selection of rather boring colors, but I liked that the gloss and color are in the same tube. And honey is my perfect neutral.

The Rimmel is far better in so many ways. 'Hot Flash' is a brighter orange/bronze with more life, but still appropriate for work. And a fun color for summer. The glosses for Rimmel all have a tint that complements the base color and they have a bit of understated shimmer. (Almay glosses are all the same transparent shine.) The tinted gloss of 'Hot Flash' is a beigy color that mutes the orange tones perfectly. I also have 'Red Alert' which has a cooler toned gloss/shimmer. It is my perfect red. Finally. And best of all the Rimmel lasts all day!

I went out the next day and bought a second 'Hot Flash' for my mom who loves this kind of product for work too....

Overall I have been really impressed with Rimmels products. Up-to-the-minute colors and trends. And great quality for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have Kiss & Stay in this color and also in #200 Enduring Love. I had previously sworn to myself that I would never again use another 2-step lipcolor after constantly misplacing one or the other of the tubes, enduring the thick, cakey feel of the color base, let alone the horrible granular chunks and messy look when some of them started to wear off. This product is none of that. I like to apply step 1 with just a few little dabs on my lips and quickly smooth it out with a fingertip to create a nice thin sheer-color base, it ends up almost like a stain because of its thin consistency. It does dry a bit sticky, but it's not meant to be worn alone. Finished with the gloss, it creates a smooth, full and luminous look. I love the thickly smooth texture of the gloss topcoat and find it lasts a good while. I find the glitter to be flattering since it is very fine and subtle but also sparkly and shimmery when the light hits it just right. The lasting power is reasonable and it wears away smoothly as well. It did not seem to be drying at all. Overall I am surprised and impressed with this lipgloss and would definitely recommend and repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thus far, the best of the long lasting glosses I have tried, and it doesn't pill. I found the color to withstand eating and a bit of drinking, but not the gloss. I have this in All Night Flirt, and it's a true red, not too blue, not too orange. Do let the base coat dry for a couple minutes prior to applying the top gloss. The base dries very matte, and the top gloss is very sticky, but I think that's what gives this it's longevity.

This does have a very sweet, scent, like cupcakes, and it does linger awhile, but it's pleasant.

I found this to be worth the money, especially on sale or BOGO, and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by smeegal9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say that I am truly impressed with this product. I hate to re-apply lip color more than once a day. I will forgive the after lunch application (I am the one who ate it off-so I cant blame anyone else for that) I have tried every long lasting lip in the world, and I love the colors but hate that sahara dry, peeling, rolling feeling that you get a few hours afterwards.
That said..this gloss is none of those things. I have it in Hot Flash, which is a warm coral/copper and in All Night Flirt which is a cooler cherry red. I would have to say that I like the warm gloss attached to the Hot Flame best, and have used it with the cool color to warm it up.
Before you use the gloss, the color is a bit matte. This is the time to put it on thin or thicken it for more punch (I like it sheer). Then the gloss is nice, thick, and very moisturizing! You will have to re-apply everything after eating!
When the gloss fades my lips aren't cracked and dry either.
I can't belive such an inexpensive product outshines the others!