November 28, 2014 | 1391 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Red Velvet Cake

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE the Philosophy lip shines and this one is one of my favorites. It smells like Red Velvet Cake to me and has a nice sugary taste to it as well. I love to smooth these on my lips when I am wearing lipstick and my lips start to feel dry and I look in the mirror and see that I still have enough color to not have to apply more lipstick. That's when I whip out one of these babies and apply on top and voila! I have a softer feeling lip and my color still shows but with a little more shine to it! Everyone should own one of these.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by tgirl25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nasty!! I swapped for this and then tried it. Not anything like Red Velvet cake, smells chocolatey but not like Red Velvet. It also has a strange taste not sweet and almost like PlayDoh to me. NOT what I expected at all.

I just got the Bath and Body works Red Velvet cake and THAT one is awesome, tastes sweet and like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love philosophy's Red Velvet Scent. Not a huge fan of the fingertip application and the slight stickiness. Would repurchase for the yummy scent and sweet flavor, as well as the rosy shine it adds to my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by valigrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this back around the holidays but just now pulled it out of my makeup drawer.

Tasty and sweet... ahhhh. Not particularly pigments, but adds a nice hint of red. Not long lasting etiher, but it tastes great so no biggie. I might add a little liner and lipstick for a night out, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by smurf2004

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Totally addictive - smells like a freshly baked chocolate cupcake right under my nose when I have it on. Lovely colour - shows up on my lips as a nice red with a slight brown tint. Need to reapply during the day, but so yummy that it's hardly a chore!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedannie

My favourite lip treat of all. Snapped up in a mad dash around a Sephora in Boston two years ago, I bought one for me and two more for my girlfriends. And now I've squeezed out the last drop and I shed a little tear every morning. Whenever I wore it my little boy would say "Mummy, you smell like chocolate!". Maybe then it's a sentimental thing but I also adore the colour and texture and the super-cute Christmas packaging. Look, we're not talking amazing staying-power or anything like that. It is what it is - a little pick-me-up on a freezing winter's day, and God knows we've had a hell of a lot of those in London in recent weeks. When I win the lottery I will buy the Philosophy company just to make sure I won't run out of this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Rezarific

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip gloss tastes exactly like red velvet cake, and it feels lovely on my lips--not sticky at all. To make the color work as well (it's not particularly pigmented), I put on a basic dark red lipstick underneath the gloss. Lovely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Lyaana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yummy!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Lemonazo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the applicator, the amount of shine, the sheer color, and the lastability. I was disappointed with the scent since it's not different from the s'mores line. It's just a chocoately smell that was just like the body wash, the white gloss, and the hand lotion 3 pk. that came out for the holidays. How can you name 4 products all different things, yet they all smell the same? I know that's a silly thing to be bothered about, but I was disappointed with the smell only because I wanted something different. Luckily, that's the only thing. It's a great gloss for just a hint of color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 8:38:00 AM More reviews by JanM

I got this as part of a set called "Fresh from the oven" along with red velvet cake lip gloss and vanilla cake lip gloss.
This is a deep cool red in the tube, it is quite sheer, but of the 3 it has does add colour to the lips, and it is sheer cool red, which works really well for me. The gloss is quite sticky, but I like that, I feel that it makes the gloss last and "stick" onto the lips through a drink and a snack which it does with ease.
I have never heard of red velvet cake - not something widely known in the UK, but I am reliably informed that it is a sort of chocolate cherry and that is what it smells and tastes like to me.
I have never been tempted by the taste and smell of a lip gloss alone and am deeply put off Lancome's (name escapes me at the moment) and prefer tasteless and scentless, but this does smell delicious and a tastes delicious too.