China Glaze Sky High-Top

4.4

on 6/26/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Sky High-Top is a really pretty bright sky blue (probably on the darker side of what I would call "sky blue"). The shimmer in this is VERY faint, it's more of a creme finish on me (which is what I prefer anyway). It took me 2 coats of polish to get this to look opaque. The formula is thick and easy to paint my nails with, but I have noticed some small bumps/bubbles that seem to form while it's drying.

As far as nail polishes go, I find this smells VERY strong... but my bottle is also several years old, and I hadn't used it in a while, so it might've intensified or something, I'm not sure? I'm generally not a fan of nail polish fumes, but this polish is so pretty that I deal with it.

I would probably not buy it again just because there are such a huge range of polishes out there and I tend to get bored of using the same one too many times, but I did enjoy this nail polish.

on 5/6/2014 6:22:00 AM

One of my favorite polishes. Thick and easy to apply with great coverage in a super chic blue nuance.

on 4/26/2013 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is such a nice quality polish. In the bottle it's a bright medium blue with subtle blue shimmer; however on my nails the shimmer doesn't transfer. That's just as well because I prefer a creamy finish. The formula is pretty flawless too. It basically paints itself on the nails. Dried pretty quickly, too. Very nice!

I LOVE this polish! It's one of my go to brights. A gorgeous sky blue with a strong blue shimmer throughout it.

on 8/24/2010 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Gorgeous! I love how it isn't neon-bright. I do wish the beautiful shimmer would show up better on the nail though. It is almost totally opaque in a single coat, which is fabulous! I love to use this as a stamping base with a glimmer for the pattern. Will definitely replace it when I run out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Just recieved Sky High-Top in a swap and already I have to say I am impressed with this color. First of all, this isn't a matte color. It goes on with the same amount of shimmer you see in the bottle, which is subtle, but enough to give it a nice glossy shine. I personally think the shimmer makes it more interesting than all the cream blues out there. It is a little less bright blue than in the picture above, more of a muted true blue with a slight royal blue shimmer. The application was very smooth - 2 coats with a couple of touch ups and it dried quickly. I love this color, this is the watery blue I've been looking for this summer :)

on 11/4/2009 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Sky High-Top is the blue shade in China Glaze's sneaker inspired Kicks collection. The Kicks collection is mainly comprised of bright, medium toned colors that are really fun IMHO.

COLOR & FINISH: A true, bright, medium blue with aqua undertones that is close to primary blue. Sky High-Top reads like a cream that has a very subtle silvery shimmer on the nail. The subtle silvery shimmer is more visible in the bottle than on the nail though. Sky High-Top's finish isn't very glossy and it dries to a finish similar to a neon polish so definitely use a topcoat.

COATS: I did 3 coats with Ski High-Top. It applied smoothly and easily with no application issues at all. I've worn Ski High-Top with both a very glossy tc (SV) and a matte tc (Essie MAY) - it works well with both though I'm really into how it looks matte.

BOTTOM LINE: I actually ended up liking Ski High-Top on my nails better than in the bottle. The color worked really well with my skin tone. I especially liked how this polish looked with a matte tc - it made the shade more unique and edgy IMO. If you're looking for a bright medium toned blue for your collection I'd definitely recommend checking this shade out. The formula is really nice and it wore really well for me with both top coats I tried it with.

♥ Hope this was helpful! ♥

on 10/11/2009 4:24:00 PM

I loveee this nail polish! Amazing bright blue! So WHAT it takes 3 coats? (or 2 thicker ones) Just top it off with some seche vite and you're good to go. I'm so happy with this color and it makes me want to go out and buy as much CG as possible

on 7/21/2009 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was really surprised at how much I loved this polish. I bought it for the color thinking it was a cream, but ended up loving the slight shimmer in it. The polish spread nicely and I only needed two coats, and I got a full 4 days of wear without a single chip! I'm giving it a 4 because it took forever to dry and I ended up getting a couple smudges while waiting that were so bad I had to start over. I originally only bought this one and Paper Chasing from the Kicks collection, but after wearing this for a few days ended up buying almost all the other colors. Great summer collection!

on 7/12/2009 10:22:00 AM

When I bought this I thought it was a cream finish, not shimmer. If it were a cream finish, I think I would like it even better. This is one of my favorite toe colors for summer. I think it would look a little silly in the winter when my feet are not tan, but it's perfect for right now!

The application is a bit streaky and it takes three coats to get the bottle color, but I'm ok with that.

Popular Polishes