October 24, 2014 | 1721 users online

Conditioner - Aveeno - Nourish + Condition Leave-In Treatment

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Kayleen7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really surprised with all of the positive reviews on this leave in treatment, I am actually reconsidering whether it is the product or just me. Perhaps I am applying too much, or my hair isn't wet enough when I spray it on, or maybe it is just my hair type that isn't compatible with it. In my experience, it leaves a sticky residue and when I run my hands through my hair I just can't stand the feeling and must rinse it out immediately. However, I still like keeping it around because it makes a great detangler.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2014 6:16:00 AM More reviews by FayeLawliet21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only good thing I have to say about this product is it's semi-nice smell. I didn't notice any noticable change with my hair at all though... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by RieRie29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very light weight, use it on my dry split ends. Apply on damp hair, first product. Smells amazing, love that it sprays on. Only con is sometimes the spray nozzle doesn't reach the bottom and you have to tilt it awkwardly. My hair always feels more moisturized after i use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

This is amazing! Glad I listened to makeupalley and picked this up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by chich80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my ALL time favorite leave in conditioner. I have fine, 4a/b hair and I LOVE this conditioner. It is light, moisturising, not sticky, and just fantastic. I am DISTRESSED that they are discontinuing the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love having long hair but was seriously considering cutting off 6 or 7 inches because it was becoming so hard to manage. It seemed to get knotted up an hour after brushing and I couldn't stand brushing my already brittle hair to begin with. I tried lots of conditioners, coconut oil, but nothing made a difference. My hair was still dry, brittle, and full of knots. I started using this a couple of weeks ago and not only has my hair been knot-free, it actually seems stronger. I spray it on while my hair is almost dry and it tames any frizziness. There's no oily feel to it. My hair feels soft to the touch. The thing I really like about this product is when I'm rinsing it out, my hair feels so smooth like I've had a really deep conditioning treatment in my hair. And there's no residue left in my hair. It rinses completely out. And I can actually run my fingers through my hair! And they don't get caught in knots! Cost about $5 or $6 dollars at walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by herbgurl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this leave in treatment. I have very fine textured waist length hair with medium volume/thickness. Using a leave in conditioner after I shower on damp hair is a must for me to keep my hair from going staticky and flyaway cooler weather. This one smells nice, and seems to have strengthened my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by netgourlie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First, the stats:

Caucasian
No dyed, natural dark Blonde Hair with some silver streaks
"Lot's of trees, but the stocks are not thick." - In other words, I have been told by my hair stylist in that I have a lot of hair but it wouldn't be called thick hair because the strands are not thick.
I have curly type hair, but because of all the hair, it usually just dries in awkwardly weird waves instead of curls or ringlets.

Hair style and maintenance:
Wash with shampoo and conditioner ever other day (I am planning on changing this to just conditioning cleanser because of the newly found curly hair type and that I get the frizzes like a curly hair person would).
I then spritz on a couple of the Aveeno Nourish + Condition Leave-In Treatment.
I blow dry my hair, in no particular way.
If its frizzy, I put a little hair lotion in it.
That's it.

Now the story (review):
The reason why I love Aveeno Nourish + Condition Leave-In Treatment:
About 4 years ago I picked up this product on a whim and needed something to help with my dry and frizzy hair at the time. It really made my instantly softer, more manageable. I felt that it was helping me from further damaging my hair, since at the time I bought it I would wash my hair every day, blow dry and then straighten the bejeezus out of it. Every day. But I started to notice something else...
I really feel that this made my hair grow...faster? Can it be?
I haven't had long hair since I was seven. The longest it ever got was to my collarbone and it would take forever, or so it felt.
But holy crap, it about 5 months of using this, my hair was not only so soft, healthy looking and shiny, but it was down to my armpits. I had the hair I always dreamed of and it was a mane of queenly gorgeousness.

I didn't use it for a couple of years after that and ended up damaging my hair pretty badly. Had to cut it all off - up to my chin. From October 2012 to March 2013 my hair made no progress. It was recovering from my screw up and I was frustrated. Then in June I was window shopping at Walgreens and I stumbled upon this little guy again.

"Oh, I forgot about you, let's try this again."

I have been using this now for about 3 months and my hair is not only again healthy, beautiful, and shiny (I have not died my hair, all new grow in is natural hair) but it is now at my collar bone (from just below my chin, maybe about mid neck) and there is no slowing it down. My husband also commented on how long its getting and how fast it had grown.
I will always buy this product from now on, I will not let it be forgotten again.

In comparison, I have tried 'It's a 10' leave in conditioner and it did not wow me as much as Aveeno has. Actually, I think for all the money and reviews that 'It's a 10' had, I was very disappointed of how I felt the product performed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by MayiraMia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just got this leave in conditioner. Not sure if I like it yet. Maybe my hair just has to adjust to it. When I put it on after my shower my hair felt heavy like I literally put conditioner in my hair... I didn't spray much. When it dried it felt fine I guess but I put my hair up in a bun so I can't really tell how my hair would have behaved unless I had it down. When I took my bun down, it smelled nice and was soft and silly but still felt a little heavy. I sprayed it on my dry hair just before bed and it feels weird, like I put actual conditioner in. Maybe it's just not meant to spray on dry hair. I'll write another review when I finish the bottle. Not sure if I'll repurchase yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by can2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product i always end up going back to it when i reach for something new. This leave in treatment leaves my hair tangled free and soft. as soon as i get out the shower i spray it on my damp hair and let it sit there then i run my fingers through it to distriibute the product evenly. I can see a difference when i dont use this product on my hair.i love how it just makes my dry brittle hair feel managable. The smell is decent but could be better thats my only complaint. overall i believe you should give this product a try..