November 23, 2014 | 1715 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen Mascara (waterproof)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Misiu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Outch! This was probably the most horrible mascare I've ever tried :(

Unfortunately, I bought it before reading the bad reviews on here. I thought "Come on, still give it a try, it can't be THAT horrible."

Oh yes, it can...

It literally did NOTHING to my lashes. My lashes are quite easy to handle. They are really long naturally and just need black colour and volume. I usually use the False Lash Effect waterproof mascara by Max Factor, which is the best one ever. But where I shop, this product was sold out so I thought I'd take the chance to try another one. Bad idea!

My lashes did not get any fuller, longer or darker. It felt completely dried out. I can understand why so many people here say it's flaky. It didn't really flake for me, but after some time, it surely will as the consistency is just dry and cheap.

The brush is quite big. I had big brushes before and they worked really well, but this one was odd. It didn't grab my lashes at all. Such a trash...

The packaging is okay, but seriously? Packaging is not important in this case, still a stupid product.

No volume, no length, no nothing. For a shitty product like this, 10 euros are way too much. PLEASE listen to the reviews on here!! NEVER buy this! Gonna return it and try to get my beloved Max Factor one -.-

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by kirito

During all the years I've worn makeup, I've been loyal to Maybelline's mascaras, primarily the Colossal Volume Express and The Falsies Black Drama. I was pretty disappointed in the Benefit They're Real mascara, so I decided to try out a different brand of drugstore mascara, which led me to getting this one here. I feel that the effect that this mascara gives me is what I expected out of the Falsies or even the They're Real mascaras. This mascara really gives me volume, and it makes my lashes look fake. Personally, I don't like super dramatic lashes on a daily basis, but it is nice on special occasions. So, if you're looking for that dramatic look, this is a great mascara for you. It's very black and stays on all day.

My only problem with this mascara is that it's really difficult to get off. For me, I can get my other mascaras off quite easily with my Nature Republic Herb Dressing Cleansing Water, but it can't remove this one as easily. I guess that's a good thing in terms of staying power, but the fact that I never had a problem getting mascara off made me lazy when it comes to scrubbing makeup off my eyes. Like I said, I don't really go for the dramatic lash look often, so to me, having to scrub this mascara off isn't worth the trouble.

If you don't mind having to work to get this mascara off, then it's a great product for long, voluminous lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by romagrey

This is my favorite Mascara at the moment although it's quite hard to get off. Next time I think I will try the non waterproof version. It givers really nice fluttery long lashes (I blink into the wand) and I think it has conditioned my lashes a bit cause they seem a bit longer and stronger since I have been using it (I don't use serum anymore). My only other criticism is that it tends to feel a bit itchy if I leave it on for a few hours after I come home from a work day. So yeah it feels itchy after 11-12 hours but that just might be my eyes in general.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by scseeker

I don't know if mine was from a bad batch or what, but it flaked and clumped instantly. Everything was wrong with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Kchastings

Makes my puny, short lashes thick and long. Holds curl and doesn't smudge or flake. Will def repurchase. I tossed out my LancĂ´me Hypnose. Yeah, this worked that we'll for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whoa! I think I like this better than the 2012 version of Diorshow (nonwaterproof) and YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils!
Full, black lashes with amazing length and separation!!
The only thing I don't like about it is the container is too THICK!!.
If they fixed that, this would be my HG Drugstore brand mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by seleenabaylon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love L'Oreal mascara! All the ones I have used have delivered what they promised from the ads. This one however is my favourite one! It's not clumpy and the volume and length it gives is AMAZING! Hands down the best mascara I've owned so far!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by sandisfielder

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this brush. It's much too fat. I bought it because it was waterproof and for that it's good. But it really does nothing for my lashes unless I put on numerous coats. I'm still looking for a wonderful waterproof mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

This is another great non clumping mascara. The long brush wand is another thing I prefer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by mbori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't really care about what a mascara's claim is, lengthening, curling, whatever, I only think about them as black paint to cover my lashes and make them stand out. I have quite nice, long lashes.
This mascara is horrible.
The wand is really weird, kinda tangled, and picks up way too much product.
Due to blinking little black dots fall off of my lashes and land under my eyes. This starts as soon as the mascara is dried on my lashes. And never ends.
It's waterproof alright, but I still get a lot of fallout from it. Really bad. I don't recommend it.