October 25, 2014 | 1176 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

I been using this mascara for the past two months . My eyelashes are sort of think and hang down so its really hard for me to curl my eyelashes and have mascara on without going down . At first I didn't really like the product but after two weeks I began to like it . Now when I curl my eyelashes they look long and full thanks to the mascara . Only problem is since my bottom lashes are really tiny the product gets on my eyelid not the lashes so I wish they had a smaller brush for the bottom lashes and also I don't like how so much of the product comes out on the brush but other then that I really enjoys this mascara and this is something I will keep buying :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Yumi2

I really like the affect of this mascara as it's very black and give a very bold lash look and it adds density to my lashes. I haven't come across another mascara that gave the same intensity. The problem is that this mascara is that it smudges really bad...15-30 mins and I have a ring of black smudge under my eye. The mascara has a thick dense bristle brush and the formula is drier I found myself running the mascara under hot water to make the mascara work better. I pair this with clinique high impact curling mascara on top to prevent the smudging as that is a tubing mascara can seal in the mess of this mascara and I get a HG product effect. In addition this mascara is also incredibly hard to remove. Soo...on it's own I can't rate it very highly even though I found an amazing way to use it and solve all it's major flaws.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by StinaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this by mistake because I wanted the original non waterproof. But I figured it was ok because I usually wear waterproof anyway.

When I first tried it I loved how black the product was, but it seemed too wet. With my followup applications, I go through the following steps:
Get tissue or toilet paper and open the mascara so that the stick of the wand is exposed
Then I wrap the tissue around the stick of the wand, fairly tightly, making sure that the tissue is as close to the tube as possible
And then I pull the wand all the way through and I have the perfect amount and very little waste because the excess has never left the tube!

To remove, I remove it the same way I remove all my other makeup: Coconut oil. I know that some may shy away from oils because of their skin type, but I have oily skin and coconut oil has been a godsend. I first apply the oil to my eyes, and massages GENTLY until I feel my mascara has been dissolved. Then I wipe with a warm wash cloth. Sometimes depending on the day, I may go back with a second application of coconut oil, but that's rare. And then I proceed to remove the rest of my makeup the same way.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by WorldbShiny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm looking for a DS mascara that I can quickly flick on before I go to the gym - something that will give me black lashes that look defined, be waterproof and smudgeproof, and hold a curl. I'm not too concerned about the effort to remove it at the end of the day.
Unfortunately, this mascara is NOT IT.
I like the packaging and I rather like the brush. The mascara does apply nicely and looks very nice (black and defined) immediately after application. However, after two hours of regular wear (no workout test yet), I look like a raccoon! This mascara has a HUGE SMUDGE PROBLEM on me.
So, into the can it goes... on with my hunt.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplove99

I really dislike this mascara. I got it way overpriced at Ulta after I lost my holy grail Flower mascara. It smudges like crazy under my eyes and it's crazy difficult to remove with makeup wipes but liquid makeup remover seems to take it off alright. I find my tube to also be rather clumpy, it can't hold a curl (even with a waterproof mascara underneath), it doesn't really lengthen either. Although it does seem to volumize, there are others out there that are much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a disaster this mascara was! It doesn't hold a curl, smudges under my eyes after a few hours wear and it's such a pain to wash off. It's literally the worst mascara I've ever come across. In the bin it goes!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Kumainu

Great building or base mascara and it holds my curl.Good for dramatic eye look and it's long lasting. Recommend!

Cons:The tip of the brush is too big for my eyes :C

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by reddplanet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff when I need a super-intense black lash. I don't love it on it's own, but over my usual Maybelline Waterproof products, its stellar. When on it's own it's too wet and clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by MACalleycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara has been my go-to Mascara for over 20 years. I've strayed and tried other low and hi-end mascaras, but this is by far the best. The coverage is amazing, the carbon black is downright inky. You might think that is too bold for daily wear (particularly if you have blond or red hair), but I assure you it isn't. The texture straight out of the tube is what makes the difference. It is JUST thick enough that it really coats and lengthens the lashes and the applicator wand separates the lashes. If you want to thicken, throw on a second coat. I guarantee those around you will take notice - even if you're batting those lashes at your own cat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Love love love!!! Just as their Reg CB mascara, I get wonderful luscious, thick lashes. I've had zero problems w/ running or smudging & even tho it's WP, I find it easy to remove. Will be my go to summer mascara. My lashes still feel nice & soft. And lastly, the pigment is just AMAZ! Rich deep black color. Will buy again next summer. Love Volume mascaras & this is so very often on sale for only 6.99 ish @ Target in Toronto Canada.
UPDATE: If I put one coat of Benefit They're Real, then top it off w/ just one coat of (this) WP Voluminous Carbon Black, I can get a false lash look. One's great for length, the other volume...& again, ZERO flaking & smudging!! Perfect summer-time mascara combo.