October 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Eyeliner - L.A. Colors - liquid eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by auroraxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Its okay to apply but when I was wearing it my eyes were soooo itchy and when I took it off my eyes were red, and this hasn't happened with any other liquid eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by chihuahua93

I really love this liquid liner. I wanted a liner that I could wear everyday and wouldn't cost me much. I ran into this at Dollar Tree. The liner I have doesn't look like the picture above, but the chubbier one that is under the picture above. I was really impressed with this! I think I've bought this before and it sucked. But this new one is great! It has so much more product in each bottle than most liquid liners from the drugstore. There's .22 fl ounces. Whereas most liquid liners from the drugstore that I've bought have like .08. One bottle has lasted me 6 months and is still going. The application process is super easy! The brush is flimsy but is so much easier to paint with than felt tip liquid liners. It doesnt tug on my lid and I can acheive the perfect wing. It dries to a matte finish and if you don't touch it, it will last. If you touch it, its really easy to wipe off. But can last a long time if not touched. I often have to retouch it if i'm doing something at night, but i don't mind.
I just looove this liner. For the price and the way it applies so quickly, it's the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by KuroshitsujiHannibalSweg

I got this in a pack with a pencil eyeliner and a sharpener for two dollars. It's so dark, a true black, and it stays for the most part. I use this to go over my (less impressive) Jordana Fabuliner. Even though it does flake off a little after a while, it'll mainly stay on, until you wash it off (which leaves a bit of residue if you don't wash your face good enough but is easy enough to wash off).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Gislumy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Black liner is very opaque and with a felt tip pen is quite easy to use. I haven't tried the other colors.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by catlike

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Yep, this is bad. I picked mine up from the Dollar Tree. It flakes and fades. The brush is thin and flimsy. Trimming it helped a little, but it still didn't change the fact that its performance lacks. Tossed it after about a week of putting up with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

My packaging is a bit different than what is showing. I bought mine at Family dollar for $1.50 and it came with an eye pencil and sharpener. I was not expecting much as I had bought a color liner at Dollar general for $1.00 before and the consistency was water. This came off black black black creamy and went on very easily. I was able to make a winged line very easy Staying power was decent on it. If you touch it you will rub it off but not totally. I wore it for 5 hours + without any fix on it and it stayed well. It's not a HG but I am quite surprised and thinking for the price I will get another for as a back up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

For $2 it is everything I need in a liquid liner. I have to remove this with something strong. I use olive oil to take it off. It last all day. I love it especially on my oily lids.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I too picked this up at Dollar Tree. I didn't expect too much of it, thinking that surely if it's only a buck then there must be some sort of reason why. I, like many other people reviewing here, turned out to be both glad and sad that it was so cheap. Glad obviously because it wasn't worth more than the dollar I paid for it and sad because I'd hoped it'd be a little better.
In the case of L.A. Colors Liquid Eyeliner, it does have the brush tip that I like but the sort of characteristics that I really despise in bad brush style liners also. The brush tip is too flimsy, especially when you consider the consistency of the liner (we'll touch more on that in a second) and it's a bit hard to control as a result. The brush tip on this splays seemingly at random and trying to slick it down again can become a big pain in the ass. Trying to work with a splayed brush is ridiculous because it's impossible to saturate easily with liner and even more so to apply without making a mess.
L.A. Colors Liquid Eyeliner's consistency is definitely not the best. It's very wet and separates on the skin as others have noted. You've got to continually go over it to ensure you've got a somewhat even line. Though the formula is quite wet, it sets fairly fast on me and wears well. Once it's on, it's very hard to remove. That wouldn't be a bad trait if it wasn't so easy to make a mess with the crappy brush tip provided. Fixing mistakes is especially difficult. The eyeliner smears heavily during removal as well and of course all of the scrubbing on my eyelids to get it off can't be too good for them.
The only thing I can say that I truly like about this liner is that the color is fairly intense and the finish is matte. Oh! And I guess that it's easy to find. But honestly I doubt that's relevant because I don't think I'll be repurchasing this eyeliner again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTeeHee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first, I hated this product I didn't know how to use it! He wand was awkward and I kept making the eyeliner run. The second time I tried it, it was perfect! I realized you have to let it dry before you layer more on or you can turn the wand on its side and it draws a perfect straight line. After I texted my friend back, I wanted to see if the product budged at all so I wiped my finger over it and nothing came off so I did it several times and it didn't come off! I applied eyeshadow over it used my blending brush over it and it didn't budge a bit! I used Vaseline to take it off I use it to take off all my makeup and it came off easily. Don't be afraid to test it a second time I think people didn't know how to use it I love he hardness of the wand it makes a perfect line I think people are using the tippy point of the wand which causes it to streak and make it look funny if you turn it on its side it'll make a perfect winged eyeliner in seconds seriously! I have the brown and purplish color which are both very natural I actually got this for my zombie makeup for Halloween and I saw it was a liquid eyeliner and tried it out I'm glad I pulled it out again it tried a few liquid eyeliners and they are so difficult to make my wing is always bigger or longer or shorter than the other and it runs so bad this makes it look very natural makes your eyes look bigger and makes your winged eyeliner come out perfect every time! If you had a bad review on this I suggest turning the angle of the wand so it's on it's side and give it time to dry I almost guarantee you'll fix it! The only con is that it smells really bad but I can't smell it on my eyes if that makes any sense.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this at Dollar General last night and just now tested it out. I guess I don't really know what to say, as I have mixed feelings about the product. It is somewhat watery and the wand is kind of awkward, but then again, maybe it's just me; this is only my second liquid eyeliner. I'm just now getting the hang of using liquid liner so maybe someone who has a little more experience could offer a better review. In all honesty, it's very inexpensive and has decent pigmentation so I'd probably buy it again!