November 28, 2014 | 1977 users online

Eye Shadow - Bare Escentuals - Smoke

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Jayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gives a nice soft taupey/smokey eye without looking too smokey or dark. Lends itself to a really nice natural smokiness especially when used over Winter Wheat which makes it cast a tad more of a river rock green which brightens as it smokes, if you can even believe that!

If you want to go darker the matte color is nicely buildable...very versatile color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by BarbItalia

Smoke is a matte, neutral grey shade; not blue but not so warm that it’s a taupe. Makes a great smoky eye and this is the shade I reach for when I’m wearing blacks. I use BE’s “Soft Focus” eye brush (sort of a little kabuki for your eyes, I love it!) and apply wet with an EOB mini crease brush at the outer “V”. Adding black liner and mascara, my dark brown eyes pop reddish brown (which they aren’t, but grey e/s or liner makes them appear so). For that reason I like to wear this eye look with soft, bright coral cheeks and lips. I believe this came in a BE kit, so the jars are very small (I bought mine on Ebay) but no matter, so little is needed that this will last a very long time.