July 29, 2014 | 1944 users online

Skincare - Face - Eau Thermale Avene- Ystheal+ Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by iwannabekimkardashian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recieved this product as a 2ml sample size in Bellabox. I have used it for the last 3 nights in a row along with the Avene Eluage eye contour cream which I also recieved. I am thrilled with this product already! My acne prone skin looks clearer and more even toned. My face feels so soft and my skin looks fresher. I was suprised that my skin didn't react to this cream as it does with most products. I just love this product and I will definately be buying this one along with the eye cream when my samples run out and replacing my regular night creams with it. What a fantastic anti-aging / anti acne combo from Avene. I will be looking into more of their products after discovering these.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by rigatoni28

I have never been able to use any product at all on my forehead without getting breakouts in that area. No moisturizers, no sun screens, etc. However, I am able to use this without any adverse effects and my forehead it very smooth and line-free. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 4:59:00 AM More reviews by malme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lets start by saying that my skin changed dramatically 8 months ago when i went of bcp. i developed big painful pimples around my jaw. i have combo skin with amany blackheads and whiteheads..all the ''heads'' haha...after readind tetrakis notepad for retinoids i decided to try the emulsion of ystheal for figthing acne and age at the same time. i'm using the emulsion for 6 months now and whow...what a change. my "heads" all gone, my skin became soft and radiant. a fev expression lines i had they all gone and for the most important. my pimples! ok i do have one or two ocassionally (just tee tree oil and i m fine) but no more big painful ones. it changed dramatically my skin and i will definetely keep bying it since it is in the right price (18euros here in Greece) and gave me my dream skin.i will definately recomend the emulsion on for combos.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2004 1:04:00 PM More reviews by stevie50001

I've got to praise Avene on this one. Not only does it work great but it does not contain that icky avene fragrance (its frag free - finally they get some sense!). Firstly the ingredients are;

Avene Ystheal - cream for dry skin - 30ml pump-dispenser
Aqua, caprylic/capric triglyceride, Avene aqua, paraffinum liquidum, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, squalane, propylène glycol, glycol montanate, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, BHT, butylparaben, carbomer, disodium EDTA, phénoxyéthanol, propylparaben, CI 17200, rétinaldehyde (0.05%), tocopheryl glucoside, triethanolamine. ( Vegetable oils - 20%, pH neutral)

Of note is the retinaldehyde contained in this product which is where the benefits of it use dervive from. Retinaldehyde is the precursor to retinoic acid and at 0.05% conc has the same comedolytic affect and epidermal thicking of that of retinoic acid 0.025%. Retinaldehyde is also much better tolerated than RA and even retinol, and has antibacterial properties too. As a previous user of green cream (which i found to induce reddening) i much prefere this. This cream itself is slightly tinted yellow/cream for some unknown reason since it neither evens skintone and is meant for night use! Marketed as an anti-ageing cream it also has excellent anti acne properties too of that comparable to RA in its weakest px form. Whilst i am not a full acne sufferer i do suffer with clogged pores which this has helped alot with, i now only have slight pores on my nose. My skin is also more smooth and plump from using this and it has even managed to normalise the area on my nasobilial folds where the skin structure was scared looking due to persistant SD flareups which i used to suffer bad with and actually changed the texture of my skin in places :( This cream is somewhat thick yet is easy to spread and does soak in easily, and with frequent use the improved skin texture enchances its absorbtion i find. I do wish it was slightly less emoliant tho as i dont need it, and it may hinder pore refinement to some degree. Of note also is the vit e content as pre-tocopherol which is reportably more several times more effective than reg vit e so it offers some decent antioxidant protection too which is otherwise lacking in my simple routine. Along with it performance of particular note is the lack of any irritation, no peeling, redness etc. Also retinaldehyde does not induce photosensitivity. Also of note is that the emulsion vrs of this may be slightly lighter yet it has polyacryamide which this does not and which one wants to avoid like the plague. I am currently experimenting with the diacneal formulation and diroseal formulation too at the moment yet i think i prefere this most.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No