Rimmel Lash Flirt Volume & Lift Mascara

3.3

on 1/13/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this because I loved the packaging and the design on the bottle. The brush turned out to be rubbery and flimsy. As I applied it on, it barely did anything for my lashes. I feel like all it did was just make my lashes darker in color. No volume, lengthening or anything else. Hey, at least it doesn't clump. Anyways, I used it for my bottom lashes and they turned out to be clump free and no smudges. Will not repurchase.

I actually got this as I Christmas present so I left the price ratings as 3! I love the brush itself how the spooned angle helps me apply and give a long effect look. But I have to put another product to give me colour to my eyelashes as the Rimmel doesn't really do anything! A good investment but some tweaks need to be altered!

on 1/27/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Haven't loved the other stuff by Rimmel but this mascara is my godsend! I'm Asian and have short, thin lashes so I've basically spent my entire life searching for great mascaras that are kind of an end all for length, volume, color, curl, and pretty much any problem you can name when it comes to lashes.

Basic pros: Separates lashes really well with the brush, lengthens perfectly, deep rich color but maintains a natural look.

Cons: It's a little more wet than other mascaras so be careful not to blink too hard while it's drying--which is really only three or four seconds more than others. It also doesn't give as much volume as I'd like but the product is so cheap I just use it with another drug store mascara to get the full effect. Packaging is really gaudy and cheap looking.

I've been using this one for three years and when used with Cover Girl's Lash Blast Volume--the effect is long, volumized, dark natural lashes. For the combined price tag of roughly $12, this looks like what my lashes look like when I use Diorshow's $25 dollar mascara, just maybe not quite as dramatic.

on 1/1/2012 5:06:00 AM

I have mixed feeling about this mascara. Unfortunately the negatives outweigh the positives. I originally bought this mascara because I had seen emilynoel83 wear it in one of her videos. Her lashes looked stunning - perfectly separated, pigminted, and volumized, and lifted. I didn't take into consideration how much of it was her false lashes though, since she does wear them regularly. I don't know about you all, but I do not wear falsies on a day to day basis. On my regular lashes this mascara did not give me the results I was expecting. They were separated of course and lengthened, but there wasn't any volume. On falsies I'm guessing this mascara would work well to enhance them. But for everyday it's not the best option out there. Also one more thing, perhaps the most important thing- this mascara FLAKES. BIG TIME. As in, flakes of crusty black falling on your cheeks and around your eye area by the end of the day. Not pretty!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

To put it in brief, this mascara is...totally underwhelming. In every respect. The brush has two textured sides; one is long and comb-like, the other is short and stumpy. Why they included the short and stumpy side, I do not know, as it just makes the mascara look clumpy and thick. The actual mascara doesn't do a whole lot, either. It doesn't lengthen, it doesn't curl, and it certainly doesn't add volume. Naturally it does add a BIT of definition, but there can be no doubt that Lash Flirt Volume & Lift Mascara DOESN'T deliver what the package claims. Don't waste your money.

on 2/18/2011 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara makes the lashes look great. And with the different sized brushes on each side of the wand, you can get a lot of product on with the shorter side, and brush it out to de-clump it and lengthen your lashes with the longer side. The only problem I have with this is it getting on my lids when I apply it. I have never had this problem with any other mascara, and I can't figure out why it does this. My only other problem is the drying time. Once it dries it doesn't smudge, but it does take a good 5-10 minutes to dry.

i got this mascara in a whim and happen to love it. it really gets a lot of mascara on your lashes without making it clumpy. i find that it makes my lashes long n separated like i wished but not as thick as i hope.most of the time if i use this mascara i pair is with another one on top and then it gives the complete thick lashes i hoped for

on 1/10/2011 10:30:00 AM

I bought this product in a sale bin and went back 2 days later to stock up.
I really like it because it keeps my lashes separated and lengthens them without clumping. I have tried lots of other drugstore brands and I like this one the best. It does go on nice and black and long and best of all :no little specks fall of into my very sensitve eyes. This was my biggest problem with othe mascaras and I am so happy to have found this. I was very suprised by how nice it is.
It stays all day without shedding and comes easily of with almond oil that I use for removal. I do not curl my lashes so I can not tell about that. The brush is vey different from most mascaras, like little spikes on the wand, it really works to apply it evenly and without gobbs. hope this helps.

on 8/8/2010 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mascara, I was looking for a mascara that would make my lashes long, and 2 people told me about this so I had to try it out, omg I love it, made my lashes super long and never clump, will be looking for the waterproof.

on 7/12/2010 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

its not terrible but its not fabulous. had high hopes as the packaging said that it had 2X the pigment, etc. i bought this in kohl black at cvs for $8.99 last night. tried it this morning. the formula is thick and the comb is ok, rubbery and flexible with little baby teeth for volume and the taller teeth for lift. my lashes fell flat from the thickness of the formula. i applied one layer each and there wasnt much clumping, but i can imagine if you put two layers there definitely would be clumping! its very cute, black with a gold crown looking cap. the best mascara im using right now is clinique's naturally glossy. its light, doesnt weigh down my lashes and gives me a lot of length. if only i could get a little more thickness and pigment in the clinique formula, it would be HG! will not repurchase. update 082010-i quit wearing this because it would get all flaky and bits would fall into my eyes. i wear contacts! boo!

Popular Mascaras