October 25, 2014 | 1736 users online

Palettes - Chantecaille - Baleine face palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by reneeg323

Great product, although very expensive. The packaging is nice but a bit bulky and too big to carry around in a handbag. It does, however, give my face a great look. In the summer, when I shy away from using too many products on my face because of the heat and humidity, I put on moisturizer and then brush on Baleine. I use the bronze to sweep across my cheekbones and down my nose and swirl my brush through the palette for the rest of my face. It gives me a very natural look that stays throughout the day. It is not at all irritating which is a plus for my sensitive skin and, again, gives me a great natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by ativan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, I have to say that I would never have spent $98 on this myself. I received it as a gift and I wasn't sure at first if I would ever use it. I tried it out the other day, however, and I discovered that I love it and have used it every day since. After I've applied my blush (usually a peach-toned one from LORAC), I swish my blush brush across the three different colors in the Baleine palette and then tap off any excess. I then sweep it over my cheekbones. Some days, I also sweep it over my forehead and the bridge of my nose, almost like a bronzer. This functions as something between a bronzer and a highlighter for me. One of the reasons I didn't think I'd like it, is because I stay away from shimmer products, having noticed that they seem to accentuate my fine lines. This, however, just seems to add a glow to my face, and it's very subtle. I think it's ridiculously overpriced, but like many Chantecalle products, it's amazing.